Swapping 86gn drive train into my 84GN

JMJ

I have a 84 GN that I was planning on leaving stock but it recently spun two bearings. I have 86GN motor, trany,harness,and computer. I have been looking for a 86/86 GN that needed a motor but funds have been low. How hard is it swap in my 86 driveline? Will 86 harness plug in to 84 bulkhead? How do I get to the bulkhead on the passenger side? Do have to remove the fender and inner fender?

Thanks for any help!
The weather is getting nice and I cant drive GN!:(

It's a plug and play deal. I've heard of people swapping the wiring harness without removing the inner fender but I don't see how. Maybe someone can help. Since you already have the harness and computer, the only things I can think of is the injector harness, crank sensor (the 87 harness has a male connector I believe instead of female), and hooking the powersteering up if you have hydro boost. If it's already a powerdisaster setup, you're most of the way there.

The harness will plug into the bulkhead.You shouldn't have to remove the pass. side inner or outer fender.Unplug harness from ecm and heater controls.From inside the car cut the rubber grommet on the fire wall at 12 oclock position until you can pull grommet out of firewall,once free cut grommet off harness,leave grommet intact enough so you can silicone it back together and reuse unless you have another.When feeding the harness through the hole in the firewall you may have to pull one plug through at a time,the hole isn't very big,this is while removing and installing.When you get harness free feed all plugs through hole and pull harness out from under the hood.There may be a few clips holding harness to plastic inner fender,just break them.To install harness feed a stiff wire from inside the car up through the hole until it comes out under the heater box on top of the inner fender.Tape plugs and wrap the wire you fed up through around the connectors and from inside the car pull the stiff wire back through the fire wall feeding the harness down in.Silicone grommet after even the hole where the wires pass through.Look at Pic's of my Buicks below,I did this to an 85.

there is a metal clip under the fender well holding the harness in place with two screws-which i had to remove to get the old harness out and the new one in.HTH