You can type here any text you want

Swapping turbo elbow

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackMetal

I got the basic Kirban 3" DP which didn't replace the factory elbow, and I've had a ported one sitting around the house for a while now. Is there any reason why this isn't the sorta job to do in the garage at home? Anything tricky about aligning the wastegate puck or anything like that? I don't want to get it all apart and hit a dead-end. Are there gaskets in there that I should be replacing upon reassembly?

Remove the turbo shield.
Figure out that you will need a 15mm wrench to remove the bolts at the bottom, they hold the D.P. and the gasket to the elbow.
Get a 3/8 drive ratchet, and a 13mm socket with 3 inch extension, also get a 13mm wrench for the bottom one.

Take the tools, set the off to the side, take the car for a drive and get the motor hot, get into boost to heat up the turbo, 5 miles??
pull back into the garage.

As soon as you pull it back into the garage, crack all the bolts loose on the exhaust elbow 13mm and the 15 mm bolts below the housing.

Crack em loose when its hot, then let it cool so you dont burn yourself the entire time.
Have a few brews and go back to it.
No need to alighn the puck, the elbow is all the same.
If you want, i have a brand new napa gasket, i can get you the dp gasket number if you feel you need it
BW

DCVING 6 said:
I'd sell it and get a Houston style. :cool:

WHY?
Neil went 11.31 at 120 with the stock elbow :cool:
51, 206/206, psd intercooler heads never off, 25psi of boost and tweak chip
Show car.

BW :)

Hey Quick thanks for the detailed reply. I suppose it would be careless to do this and not replace the gasket so I guess I better wait til next weekend when I can go buy it. Part number appreciated if you have it handy.

bw

Attachments

• 100_3954 (Small).jpg
    100_3954 (Small).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 121
Bryan, I have the same DP but no DP to elbow gasket. Can you pass along this part # too?

Just wondering, can you view the picture i posted of the part with the number?
Im wondering if some cant see the info???

Let me know

BW

Gasket

Bryan;The F7207 gasket from NAPA its to be used between the elbow and the turbo?Thanks :confused:

Actually, no its the crush gasket between the elbow and the stock downpipe.

From the factory, there is no gasket between the elbow and the turbo, just 2 flat surfaces.

BW

Back