You can type here any text you want

sway bars

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1NASTYGN

Anyone purchase the Hotchkins sway bar kit for a GN from Sumitt? I need to beef my GN up and am shopping. Any advice will help.

Get the HR Parts bar. It is pricy, but a 1 time buy. Well worth the $$$.

Coach

if you are talking about the rear sway bar... do a search - THAN BUY AN H&R BAR and get insta-traction:biggrin:

If you are looking for a nice front sway bar, the Hotchkis is a very nice unit that actually fits. They come up in the "For Sale" section from time to time for $100 to $150. I have one and love it. Did I mention that it is hollow and powder coated? I also have the HNR rear bar. Just one caveat...I could not get my ATR dual 3" exhaust system to work with the HNR bar! Remember, the ATR exhaust was designed/built well before the HNR bar was designed. Your experience may vary!
Hot Air

I have the HUGE atr rear sway bar and it was one of the best bang for the buck mods I have ever done. FTS sells a remake of it, had to whack it with a 3lb sledge to get it in, but my 60fts are amazing with this thing, i also have no front sway bar being as I mostly race it...I feel with the huge bar in back there is no need for the front bar. ....:wink:

hotchiks is good, I broke my during a nasty weight transfer, it was only 1" thick

I have the BIGGEST sway bar you can find, a 1.5" from BMR (its old but is 50% thicker then the hotchiks I had on before). I paid $150 for it. H&R is too expensive imho. If you can afford it sure go ahead its a great piece, but it is not the only piece nor the best for the money again imho. The H&R piece is really an advanced piece for track users, advanced in the sense that when you get it the adjustment capabilities of it will force you look at many other variables within your own car, such are pinon angle, weight, weight transfer, preload settings, and many more. All of those will have to hold hands if you want to maximize the potential of that H&R, that is to get your monies worth. Which more then the average person with a GN IS NOT ready or willing to do, at least on their own time and dime. But again if you have the money phuck it, but just remember your opening up more holes to crawl through. Weather its you or someone you pay.

best solution imho is the REPRODUCTION (EBAY) ATR bar
or if you can find it a BMR bar. Both of these are CHEAP SOLID PROVEN solutions

If your on a budget you can pick up a used ATR read bar pretty cheap. save up some chips then buy the H&R an sell the ATR back on here :cool:

Back