T66 turbo from cxracing.com

I would just get a hold of Bison on here and have him spec you out what would be good with your combo.

Id shy away from the china stuff when is comes to a turbo... you might get farther with a Chinese intercooler but Not a turbo, it might seem cheap up front but its a crap shoot with longevity , their are garretts, precisions and t-netics that are proven for 10's of thousands of miles, and 550hp for a t66 is not so efficient imo.

gn1performance haves the same turbo for $699 (n)(n)

http://www.gn1performance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Turbo66

well im up a $h!t creek with out a paddle, and have no way to get around it what do yous recommend I get. my motor haves the comps 212/212 cam, 3inche down pipe, stock 29lbs injectors, stock heads, stock intake, stock rods and crank, front mount intercooler. the trans was rebuilt to stock specs with stock torque convertor. i want 350hp to the rear wheels may 400. what do I need/have to change ?? thanks

TE-44 and Alcohol Injection? Stock built trans won't hold up with too much power. Bigger turbo like T66 would be very laggy on a stock converter.

the trans was rebuilt to stock specs with stock torque convertor. i want 350hp to the rear wheels may 400. what do I need/have to change ?? thanks
the stock trans will need to be built and if you have a d5 converter it can be loosened,and that would work with the smaller 44/49 turbos.the 44/49 will spool fast and support your goals,the 212 cam with a completey stock motor is too big and not necessary for your goals.you will also need the proper fuel system/octane to make the power,basically a bigger intank pump,hotwire,alky kit and tune,and tires.

I wanted to do a one step at a time approach I cant really afford to do everything at once, i'm restoring a 1971 challenger, 1965 fastback mustang and 1978 trans am. that why I went with the 212 cam I figure ill peace the puzzle in until everything matches. I didn't want to put a factory cam in just to take it out a year later why take a part the motor twice. maybe I'm approaching this all wrong but im working with what I got lol. I got the cam now I need turbo, injectors, stall convertor I figure I can get all the parts in over a years time

IMG_20150217_190205.jpg
IMG_20150217_190117.jpg

It depends on your goals with the car and what you want to do with it should determine your combo in the end, so you don't have to keep changing things and spending more and more money on trial and error. 350rwhp can be had pretty easy with out breaking the bank if that's your end game.

I wanted to do a one step at a time approach I cant really afford to do everything at once, i'm restoring a 1971 challenger, 1965 fastback mustang and 1978 trans am. that why I went with the 212 cam I figure ill peace the puzzle in until everything matches. I didn't want to put a factory cam in just to take it out a year later why take a part the motor twice. maybe I'm approaching this all wrong but im working with what I got lol. I got the cam now I need turbo, injectors, stall convertor I figure I can get all the parts in over a years time

If this were my car I would approach it this way:
  • Stock turbo
  • Stock converter
  • Bigger fuel pump (single, in tank)
  • Bigger injectors (60#?)
  • Adjustable FP regulator
  • Alcohol injection (Alky Control)
  • Turbo Tweak chip for the above combo
  • Target tune to the most boost with no knock (maybe 22psi max with the stock turbo)
Later on down the road as money allows, replace the turbo with a TE-44 or TA-49 (stock appearing) and a re-stalled D5 converter if you are not happy with the performance of the stock turbo on Alky. I would have stuck with the stock cam as it would be fine way past the power level you are looking at.

One of the most fun setups I have had on a TR is a stock un-opened motor, TA-49, Blue Top Injectors (36#), Redstripe converter (restalled D5) and all the other basic stuff (Pump, Regulator, Cold Air Intake, etc).

If this were my car I would approach it this way:
  • Stock turbo
  • Stock converter
  • Bigger fuel pump (single, in tank)
  • Bigger injectors (60#?)
  • Adjustable FP regulator
  • Alcohol injection (Alky Control)
  • Turbo Tweak chip for the above combo
  • Target tune to the most boost with no knock (maybe 22psi max with the stock turbo)
Later on down the road as money allows, replace the turbo with a TE-44 or TA-49 (stock appearing) and a re-stalled D5 converter if you are not happy with the performance of the stock turbo on Alky. I would have stuck with the stock cam as it would be fine way past the power level you are looking at.

One of the most fun setups I have had on a TR is a stock un-opened motor, TA-49, Blue Top Injectors (36#), Redstripe converter (restalled D5) and all the other basic stuff (Pump, Regulator, Cold Air Intake, etc).
I agree with this, but if it was me I would go right for a te44/ta49 and a converter change so I didn't have to run the stock turbo out all the time to make adequate power.. stock turbo isn't gonna make 400hp to the wheels.

ok so im going to get a te-44 from bison, Aeromotive Stealth 340 Fuel Pump, 6 Lucas (01D030B) 42lb high-impedance injectors, 2800 stall converter, and a turbo tweak chip. 18psi of boost. yes / no ??? what kind of power yous think it will make with that ???

ok so im going to get a te-44 from bison, Aeromotive Stealth 340 Fuel Pump, 6 Lucas (01D030B) 42lb high-impedance injectors, 2800 stall converter, and a turbo tweak chip. 18psi of boost. yes / no ??? what kind of power yous think it will make with that ???
Bison is the man for the turbo....id go for 60# inj.. the stealth 340 might over power the stock return fuel line(mine did), make sure you get a true 2800 stall converter not a $300 unit, alky and you have to run more then 18# of boost to make the power your looking for, if im not mistaking a Te-44 on the right tune and combo should max out around 430rwhp and TQ well into the 500's

My car came with one of those turbos, it was laggy with a 10 inch PTC 2800 stall but pretty fast once it was spooled.

18psi of boost. yes / no ??? what kind of power yous think it will make with that ???
not 350/400 to the wheels,boost makes the power,with that you will need octane in the form of meth injection or race gas.but like I said earlier the trans will need attention.