You can type here any text you want

ta aluminum block?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

butchy

i tried a search and could not come up with any info. are people having good luck with them? and are there any downsides?

Couldn't be happier with mine. It's great piece of mind that I don't have to worry about cracked main web's anymore.

thanks for the link but has there not been anymore talk of this block since 04? does anyone else own one of these blocks? would you do it again?

Dave Fiscus and Tony Gomes have made some BIG power with the block. No issues. I have heard of no problems with the block itself. You need a good engine builder who knows what he's doing.

I'd venture to say this is the most important part to having "good luck" with this block.:wink:

RPE = Race Proven Engines

The 2 fastest stock suspension V6 buicks have Rpe built motors,
both use a T/A aluminum block.

8.28 @172+ on radials

8.17 @174+

i tried a search and could not come up with any info. are people having good luck with them? and are there any downsides?

There are no downsides to the block. The price is steep but it does the job.
It is critical that you either know what you are doing or take the block to a good builder close to you. There are a lot of little details to that block that must be addressed for it to be rock solid reliable.

You cant slap the parts together with this motor, if you do you will regret it soon.

there great, except.......

sometimes, WOW!:eek:

Attachments

• MVC-022S.JPG
    MVC-022S.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 711
I tthought they were expensive too till i realized how much other aluminum and or iron race blocks cost compare to the lsx block or the mopar 500 cid megablock etc etc etc $3000 isnt that bad when you consider the power that can be made...

RPE = Race Proven Engines

The 2 fastest stock suspension V6 buicks have Rpe built motors,
both use a T/A aluminum block.

8.28 @172+ on radials

8.17 @174+

That pretty much sums that up.

you can also use some JB weld for aluminum,it works good. that and gm radiator tabs.

you guys are funny.

it didn't touch any water or oil passages,
so no need to exotic stuff ( JB weld)

you'll see it running some day ,maybe soon?

Back