TA49/TE44 real data

I was running similar valve springs. But I had a large FMIC that may have helped. The re-stalled D5 eliminated problems with spool up. If anything, I wanted to slow down the spool to keep from blowing the tires off.

I was down around 25 psi, so the turbine wasn't quite all-in. It did pull nice right up to shift point. A great combo for the street, as long as I had traction.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
What did it run/Dyno? Do you have any data? Re-stalling down is what this engine here needs. Not up. A good Intercooler would help a lot. As would any cleaning of the heads. Even a good valve job and 3 min per bowl clean up would be a game changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome. So steel HGs, alcohol fuel, double pumper, 15-16 blade PTC? 29" tire, 45 psi... Sounds like a fun project. Who's first [emoji4] ive got the fuel system covered but my 17 blade is too loose. What would the pressure ratios look like with my PTE gen 2 6266 with those kind of MAP pressures? Sounds like fun but I had other build plans this winter lol

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
You better re-think that fuel system if you want to feed 70lbs/min at close to 90psi especially with alcohol. Not happening with some cheap in tank stuff. I don't know what you'd get out of the 6266 but I'd bet the limitation is the tuning ability of the stock ecu.

If anything, I wanted to slow down the spool to keep from blowing the tires off.

I've never had a stock headed car that I had a traction problem with. Slowing it down out of the hole will cost dearly in elapsed time. This car has 275/60-15 pro DR's and won't even squeak them from a stop on the street once I've driven 10 minutes on them. Never checked air pressure either

You better re-think that fuel system if you want to feed 70lbs/min at close to 90psi. Not happening with some cheap in tank stuff. I don't know what you'd get out of the 6266 but I'd bet the limitation is the tuning ability of the stock ecu.

Racetronix double 340s dual feeding the rails with external regulator and champion rails. -8 feeds and -6 return. Thats up to the task for 70+ lbs/min right? Maybe not on straight alcohol?

Racetronix double 340s dual feeding the rails with external regulator and champion rails. -8 feeds and -6 return. Thats up to the task for 70+ lbs/min right? Maybe not on straight alcohol?

Not even close. We struggled at 82-84lbs/min with the same pumps on gasoline and the pressure was only 70-72psi. *edit* it was non oxygenated fuel also

Not even close. We struggled at 82-84lbs/min with the same pumps on gasoline and the pressure was only 70-72psi. *edit* it was non oxygenated fuel also

Damn. There was a post that tested that setup at 75psi 13.5 volts and it flowed over 2.3 gpm. How much power will that support on E85 / straight alcohol? I understand the flow will drop off exponentially as pressure goes up. Wonder what they do at 16 volts?

Sorry didnt mean to get off topic. PM me please if you wish to keep your thread directly related to the TA49. Im interested in pushing things :)

What did it run/Dyno? Do you have any data? Re-stalling down is what this engine here needs. Not up. A good Intercooler would help a lot. As would any cleaning of the heads. Even a good valve job and 3 min per bowl clean up would be a game changer.

No dyno data. Just DirectScan logs. Best run was 11.42@119. That was on 100-octane unleaded and no alky, around 25 to 26 psi. I was locking the converter in 3rd gear.

I estimated that the engine was making around 480 hp at the crank based on the car weight and mph. But of course that's an estimate, not a measurement.

I've never had a stock headed car that I had a traction problem with. Slowing it down out of the hole will cost dearly in elapsed time. This car has 275/60-15 pro DR's and won't even squeak them from a stop on the street once I've driven 10 minutes on them. Never checked air pressure either

Don't know what to say. I had the ATR rear bar, tubular UCA's and LCA's, air bags, adjustable shocks and drag radials. Would still spin the tires from a stop on the street as the boost ramped up very quickly. And that was pump gas at 17 to 18 psi. Almost like the weight wasn't transferring fast enough. Never figured it out completely. Admittedly, I was always better at engine tuning than suspension tuning.

You don't need straight alcohol to get 600rwhp out of a 62mm. When I think of vehicles running methanol fuels I think of bb blown engines with ridiculous cam profiles and compression through da roof lol. I think you could run all the boost from a 62mm on quality e.

You don't need straight alcohol to get 600rwhp out of a 62mm. When I think of vehicles running methanol fuels I think of bb blown engines with ridiculous cam profiles and compression through da roof lol. I think you could run all the boost from a 62mm on quality e.
You very well may need straight ethahol/methanol to get 600whp if it's even possible with that to get that kind of number on a stock headed/cammed LC2. The reason I mentioned these fuels is because they will allow maximum Perfomance without an Intercooler which will cause air flow restriction and not benefit an engine with those fuels. Seeing we are looking for the most potential here without using nitrous of nitro based fuels. Running all the boost doesn't guarantee anything. Eliminating the Intercooler and using a compressor wheel suited to the higher pressure ratio with the alcohol would definitely help but would still likely fall well short of 600whp. I only know of one for sure 62mm inducer that was able to make over 600whp on the LC2 platform. The engine was over 9:1, the heads were much superior, roller valvetrain, etc. The air was superb. Approximately 78lbs/min. It's hard to make hp when the engine has little ability to rev

Last edited:
I only know of one for sure 62mm inducer that was able to make over 600whp on the LC2 platform. The engine was over 9:1, the heads were much superior, roller valvetrain, etc. The air was superb. Approximately 78lbs/min. It's hard to make hp when the engine has little ability to rev

Humbly refering to yourself. It's ok to say it was you [emoji1]

Humbly refering to yourself. It's ok to say it was you [emoji1]

It was and it wasn't the engine in the blue car either

May have been something amiss with your combo then. I run the same numbers, but on a bone stock motor,tc,tranny with nothing more than turbo, injectors, front mount and race gas.
I only ran 18psi boost. For race gas it was 100 gt. Same engine, with a TE45a (66) and 25+ psi with 118 race gas went 127mph in the 1/4 no other changes. I never got the chance to race my TE44 harder than 18 psi, because I fixed my wastegate and got a bigger turbo at the same time.

You very well may need straight ethahol/methanol to get 600whp if it's even possible with that to get that kind of number on a stock headed/cammed LC2. The reason I mentioned these fuels is because they will allow maximum Perfomance without an Intercooler which will cause air flow restriction and not benefit an engine with those fuels. Seeing we are looking for the most potential here without using nitrous of nitro based fuels. Running all the boost doesn't guarantee anything. Eliminating the Intercooler and using a compressor wheel suited to the higher pressure ratio with the alcohol would definitely help but would still likely fall well short of 600whp. I only know of one for sure 62mm inducer that was able to make over 600whp on the LC2 platform. The engine was over 9:1, the heads were much superior, roller valvetrain, etc. The air was superb. Approximately 78lbs/min. It's hard to make hp when the engine has little ability to rev

I keep forgetting the rpm limitations of these engines in stock form. Think the most I have seen from a 4431e turbo on a v6 engine was just shy of 500rwhp. I'll do dome digging and see if I can find the old dyno graph and info. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the 4431e and te44 the same turbo? Very similar to a gt3071 correct?

I keep forgetting the rpm limitations of these engines in stock form. Think the most I have seen from a 4431e turbo on a v6 engine was just shy of 500rwhp. I'll do dome digging and see if I can find the old dyno graph and info. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the 4431e and te44 the same turbo? Very similar to a gt3071 correct?
I'm sure they are al about the same. This is the old early 90's t04e60 compressor. 500whp would be a stretch here even with zero slip. Engine wont rev and adding boost further limits rpm because drive pressure is so high. Maybe with a cleaned up set of heads it would do it because the manifold pressure would be much lower to get the mass flow. Still need to have the converter locked though

Engine wont rev and adding boost further limits rpm because drive pressure is so high. Maybe with a cleaned up set of heads it would do it
mine did after after adding ported heads and rockers. the boost did drop off even with the stock cam.i manually shifted the car to 6000rpm in 1st gear then made the rest of the pass and they were some of the fastest pass I made with a 49.

When I get everything sorted out, I'm shooting for over 600whp with a 62mm inducer.