You can type here any text you want

TA60 boost efficiency range?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HouTX87

Hey guys, My combo currently has a TA60 turbo, this is my first upgrade from a stock turbo. I got this turbo from a friend and it seems great with my mostly "bolt ons" setup. I've been running 23psi with alky and no problems as I'm still getting things set up to tune it (powerlogger, wideband, etc.). I don't intend to pull the heads unless I have to as this is still a virgin motor. Would 25psi be about my safe limit for boost or could I safely tune for more? What is the efficiency range where this turbo shines with stock heads? All mods are listed in my signature.

Thanks

With my experience. I ran 25-27psi with all the stock stuff you have and a 61. With minimal tuning, 11.40's without locking converter.
What exhaust housing?

You will never be able to maximize the 60-1 compressor with a stage 3 turbine. It will hit choke flow before the compressor is done even with the restrictive stock cover

...so basically you can run as much boost as you can make without detonation so TURN, IT, UP!

With my experience. I ran 25-27psi with all the stock stuff you have and a 61. With minimal tuning, 11.40's without locking converter.
What exhaust housing?

Honestly I'm not sure what exhaust housing. Still educating myself on turbos. All I know is that it is a TA60 and was installed on my buddy's car by Quadair in '02 I believe. Only had about 1k miles on the turbo and then the car was put in storage until he bought it last year.

Back