You can type here any text you want

tach wire missing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cutt

for some reason this car does not have the tach feed wire behind the alt. is there anywhere else i can tap into under the hood for a tach feed?

did you pull back the wire loom to see if someone just tucked it away. i would pull the wire loom way back and try to find that wire. if someone cut it back then its a easy fix.

Wire is white

The wire is white, not green. There is a green end connector on it though.

Evaddave

This is a GN right? Not a TTA because the TTA doesnt have the FP test and tach connector.

Tach WIRE

i NEED TO KNOW IF YOU CAN PROBE THIS WIRE TO SEE IF IT IS HOT? IS THAT POSSIBLE? tHANKS.

I would like to know if the wire works.

I had a shift solenoid hooked up to this wire and it would not shift. I wonder if the wire had a pulse?

Nobody answered

The reasom I ask is the wires on my car had been cut. There are 3 white or tan wires around the alt missing ends.. My other 86 has a green connector with two wires going to it and a single wire with a brown connector. Is the dual wire the tach lead? Everyone mentioned a single white wire. What is it?
Thanks.

the tach lead is a dual wire (white, probably not white after 20+ years) with a green connector.

installing a vdo tach on my GN.

It calls for 1 wire.....how do I wire this. I have no tach wires in my engine compartment which I need to find somehow.

How do I get a tach signal from this vehicle. Connector A or B4 on the pcm does not do the trick for some reason.

How do I get an increase of voltage with rpm increase.

look for this

Attachments

• 1968 CHEVELLE GN Powered 9999999999999.jpg
    1968 CHEVELLE GN Powered 9999999999999.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 69
Found the two wires......They were cut way off back near the firewall and replaced with a green and a blue, and they appear to run a relay which I am assuming is the fuel pump?????????

I tied into them and the tach works like a charm......If I do it this way, Will I hurt the fuel pump voltage????

Thanks to all who replied.

Back