tach wire missing

cutt

for some reason this car does not have the tach feed wire behind the alt. is there anywhere else i can tap into under the hood for a tach feed?

did you pull back the wire loom to see if someone just tucked it away. i would pull the wire loom way back and try to find that wire. if someone cut it back then its a easy fix.

This is a GN right? Not a TTA because the TTA doesnt have the FP test and tach connector.

Tach WIRE

i NEED TO KNOW IF YOU CAN PROBE THIS WIRE TO SEE IF IT IS HOT? IS THAT POSSIBLE? tHANKS.

I would like to know if the wire works.

I had a shift solenoid hooked up to this wire and it would not shift. I wonder if the wire had a pulse?

Nobody answered

The reasom I ask is the wires on my car had been cut. There are 3 white or tan wires around the alt missing ends.. My other 86 has a green connector with two wires going to it and a single wire with a brown connector. Is the dual wire the tach lead? Everyone mentioned a single white wire. What is it?
Thanks.

the tach lead is a dual wire (white, probably not white after 20+ years) with a green connector.

installing a vdo tach on my GN.

It calls for 1 wire.....how do I wire this. I have no tach wires in my engine compartment which I need to find somehow.

How do I get a tach signal from this vehicle. Connector A or B4 on the pcm does not do the trick for some reason.

How do I get an increase of voltage with rpm increase.

look for this

Attachments

• 1968 CHEVELLE GN Powered 9999999999999.jpg
    1968 CHEVELLE GN Powered 9999999999999.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 69
Found the two wires......They were cut way off back near the firewall and replaced with a green and a blue, and they appear to run a relay which I am assuming is the fuel pump?????????

I tied into them and the tach works like a charm......If I do it this way, Will I hurt the fuel pump voltage????

Thanks to all who replied.