TCS 9x11 3800 First impressions.

NEARING

:D :cool: :D

I can't wait to get the car to the track and punish the BFG Dr's.

Spool up of the T-70 is now compariable to a car I had with a stock turbo and a Vig 3200.:eek:

Haven't had a chance to take it out on the highway and lock up the converter yet.

Don't get to carried away, it is nice, until the tach doesnt drop on the shifts:eek:

Why ya got to rain on my parade?:( LOL:cool:

I hope mine isn't as loose as yours since I'm not making the kinda power you are with my little P trim 70.

Were you locking yours coming out of second gear?

That's what I plan on doing.

That little 70 p trim is making more power than my gtq for some reason. I can't lock 2nd gear easy, its all computer controlleed, if i do it would bog in 3rd as it would remain locked

I've got mine set to lock manually.

I guess I'll find out this weekend if it doesn't rain.

Originally posted by turbo2nr
Scott, where are you planning on running?

Scott H.

I'm stuck doing "family guy" stuff:( no track time for me.

Next fri nite at Richmond for sure!:D

I'm going to get started on installing the Snow alky kit today.

You ever try a bottle of the thier "magic sauce" mixed with the meth?;)

I got one, but I'm scared:eek: LOL.

All you need to do is go 25 psi and do a 1-2 shift if the rpm dont drop you got a problem! Do a data log!

Originally posted by norbs
All you need to do is go 25 psi and do a 1-2 shift if the rpm dont drop you got a problem! Do a data log!

I hope that doesn't happen!:eek:

as long as the convertor efficiency is correct up top there will be no issues.locking it is also important,otherwise an open convertor would have been used.3800 rpms is optimum for max performance with this application,if convertor is looser above this i will work with tcs to get coupling to an acceptable level and still get desired stall speed needed to gain proper starting line rpm and ratio.we have used this convertor effectively with a 45a and still see 660 rpms drop unlocked on a 1/2 .keep me posted.

Rusty should have the converter this week there, would be nice though ifi could just buy another one up here , so i could race it by next saturday. Heres a log at 9 psi the 25 psi log the boost was erratic, so its hard to tell anything

http://www3.sympatico.ca/norbz/tcs.jpg

norbs,our distributor does not have a 3400 in stock.if so you would have had it already. i am going to send him some more.i am curious if the 3400 will produce 3800 at the line with the boost you are using:confused: it will be nice to have the results.did tcs state they would design it as a 3400 style?

I just told them to take 500 rpm out of the conveter at full boost, not sure what that means down low. But i think it would mean a 3400.

Heres a 20-28 psi log that went crazy with my boost controller

http://www3.sympatico.ca/norbz/tcs2.jpg

All i know there is 1 free stall change, not sure how much warrany after that

Originally posted by norbs

You are correct sir!:(

6300 rpms and only 123mph on a 28in tall tire.:eek:

:confused:

Nearing I just noticed on one of your files from yesterday that on a early shift to 2nd the rpm went up higher after the shift :confused:

is that consitered reversed rpm drop :confused:

guess when It happened to the 9-11 in my car it wont the only one

when mine went back I was told all the fins were folded over in it

keep in mind that I ran a back to back pass with my car when my 9-11 was doing that and with no other changes it went from 10.40's at over 130 with it locking up on 2nd gear shift to 11.teen at 119 mph not locking it :eek: thats a big fregging difference

So the converter doent drop on the 1-2? It seems like anything over 35-3600 stall and this happens. What are the guys running on the big 88 turbos?

Yep I wish we could have got that converter to lock up.

And the tires to hook.

And not blowing oil out of the breathers.:eek: :(

I just don't think that converter is suited for big power.....I couldn't get mine to lock under wot (3600 stall supposedly....sorta meaningless off a brake...I launched at 4000)

it is back at PTS, but nothing heard in a month+

have an AC non lock in now