You can type here any text you want

TE44 boost levels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

we4Mateo

Double you eee what?
I run a conservative tune and have no knock issues. 770 O2s is about 11.3:1 according to the wideband at the dyno and car runs well and safe there. Stock everything short of wear items ie: timing chain etc. Car runs great and I want to run 30lbs of boost on the TE44 through stock unported heads. HP should be around 400 or under at 25psi. I want to try it and it looks like others push their cars harder, but what are the opinions on this? I've read the TE44 "sweet spot" is 28 lbs, so I want to use all it has if I can.

You will likely need a heavy duty wastegate actuator. Id run a taller tire to keep rpm down also. The turbo will be out of breath over 5400@30psi.

perfect!

My car shifts at around 5,000 rpm or a little sooner. I'm running a 27" MT ET Street, and I'm still running it out in 3rd at about 114 or so mph with still a little rpm to go. I already run an HD actuator and RJC controller. Thanks for the reply, and I'm looking forward to turning it up next weekend when my home track opens here in Midwest. Thanks again.

I sure hope you plan on running race gas, because alky alone isn't going to support the kind of boost you're looking at running. Especially with stock heads.
When I was racing regularly, I could push 28# fairly safe, but that was about it. And that was on straight 114 octane.

heated o2

I have a heated O2 sensor so I do plan on running race gas as well as the alky. I run straight meth too, no mix, so it does a pretty good job of keeping things cool. Thanks though. This is exactly what I'm looking for.

Couldn't get higher than 25/27#s from what I remember. that was taking the boost line off :biggrin:.. pump gas an alky .. mids 11s @ 118/119 in street trim . Stock motor and torque converter. In todays world ya should be able to go 11.3s anyway .. Maybe a 120 mph to :cool: It is a great little turbo.. ran it for YEARS !!

Oh didn't see the race gas thing... why do race gas ??? good luck.. you have an "alky" chip or just a street chip??

I sure hope you plan on running race gas, because alky alone isn't going to support the kind of boost you're looking at running. Especially with stock heads.
When I was racing regularly, I could push 28# fairly safe, but that was about it. And that was on straight 114 octane.

what is the max safe boost on alky and 93?
i have spiked at 33PSI and held 30PSI on a full 1/4 pass, i guess i was extremely lucky. i did this with a Stock long block, TE-6031, Dutt neck, PP, TT alky chip, Alky, stock DP and 42Lbs injectors.

Couldn't get higher than 25/27#s from what I remember. that was taking the boost line off :biggrin:.. pump gas an alky .. mids 11s @ 118/119 in street trim . Stock motor and torque converter. In todays world ya should be able to go 11.3s anyway .. Maybe a 120 mph to :cool: It is a great little turbo.. ran it for YEARS !!

Oh didn't see the race gas thing... why do race gas ??? good luck.. you have an "alky" chip or just a street chip??

Why race gas? Because he said he wants to run 30# of boost. You telling us that alky + 93 can support that kind of boost???? :eek:

25 lbs

I ran all last year with the stock downpipe at 25lbs with just alky and 91 pump gas (all that we have here). I had the stock O2 sensor so no race gas. My tranny guy is going to start carrying unleaded 104 though. I now have the Casper heated O2 kit and it really makes the TT chip work great as it stays in open loop longer and gets there quicker, the ability to tolerate race gas is a bonus. But I never had any knock at 25lbs with straight alky and pump gas even on 90 degree days! I have the street chip but I up the timing to 23/21. Every car is different though, so take it to a dyno or put a wideband on it at least once in a while to make sure you know what's going on. Thanks again for all the great info on the boost level. I'll control the knock, but I just wanted to see that I wasn't pushing the bottom end out yet at a TE44s full capability.

Thanks for everything guys. My stock, unopened, umported, even stock valvesprung (?), 109 went 11.93 @ 114.7 with a slow 1.88 60' at 24lbs and 25/23 timing. Used just a little race gas not even mixed 50/50 with 91 pump to stave off any knock at shift. Car ran great all day, but I couldn't get my O2's below 800. I took plenty of fuel out of the TT chip and lowered my base FP to 42lbs. I guess I need to take even more out through the chip yet. I'm using a borrowed translator and new 3" MAF now as well, and maybe I need to adjust the translator too. I'll try again next weekend, but thanks again for all the help. I'm excited to get the tune down and up the boost a little more yet.

Thanks for everything guys. My stock, unopened, umported, even stock valvesprung (?), 109 went 11.93 @ 114.7 with a slow 1.88 60' at 24lbs and 25/23 timing. Used just a little race gas not even mixed 50/50 with 91 pump to stave off any knock at shift. Car ran great all day, but I couldn't get my O2's below 800. I took plenty of fuel out of the TT chip and lowered my base FP to 42lbs. I guess I need to take even more out through the chip yet. I'm using a borrowed translator and new 3" MAF now as well, and maybe I need to adjust the translator too. I'll try again next weekend, but thanks again for all the help. I'm excited to get the tune down and up the boost a little more yet.
What were ALL the numbers on the time slip? Wanting to compare..

Thanks,

Scot W.

1.866 60"
5.012 330
7.665 @ 92.42mph 1/8
9.971 1000'
11.932 @ 114.63mph 1/4

Thanks again for the advise! Now I just need to launch the car harder and I'll have something.

I run a conservative tune and have no knock issues. 770 O2s is about 11.3:1 according to the wideband at the dyno and car runs well and safe there. Stock everything short of wear items ie: timing chain etc. Car runs great and I want to run 30lbs of boost on the TE44 through stock unported heads. HP should be around 400 or under at 25psi. I want to try it and it looks like others push their cars harder, but what are the opinions on this? I've read the TE44 "sweet spot" is 28 lbs, so I want to use all it has if I can.

I tune to run @ 11.3 AFR as well but with 20#'s. That's where I feel the best pull and seems to me the engine likes it. Even though what is most peoples target AFR @ your peak boost level what ever it may be?

Back