You can type here any text you want

te44 owners

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
What ever the turbo you decide go for the alky, you not gonna be able to stop at 20psi, its like a drug...:D

The shield will fit the turbo. The downpipe is what determines if the shield will fit.
At 20psi, keep the stock turbo. You will only add lag with a 44.

Absolutely disagree! or IOW, wrong! But what the hell do I know, I've only been running the same TE44 for almost 20 years now.

You guys that run the huge high numbers like you are have probably forgot years ago how nice a turbo it can be. And if he isn't convinced about the 44 then he can always go with a TA49.

I have a 44 on my GN been on there since 99 .I run 19 psi on on 93 with good results .With that said there cars need a combination or recipe to work properly .there is a correct order and way to do things right or you can spend a ton of money to go slower
a 44 will not help but will hurt low end performance if you dont do it right with the correct parts to assist in the recipe ..best time on my unopened engine was 11.69 I LOVE THIS TURBO ON THE STREET SOUND S COOL TOO

Last edited:
Absolutely disagree! or IOW, wrong! But what the hell do I know, I've only been running the same TE44 for almost 20 years now.

You guys that run the huge high numbers like you are have probably forgot years ago how nice a turbo it can be. And if he isn't convinced about the 44 then he can always go with a TA49.
I love the

I have a 44 on my GN been on there since 99 .I run 19 psi on on 93 with good results .With that said there cars need a combination or recipe to work properly .there is a correct order and way to do things right or you can spend a ton of money to go slower
a 44 will not help but will hurt performance if you dont do it right with the correct parts to assist in the recipe .best time on my unopened engine was 11.69

100% agree. Back when I was racing I also ran 11.65 @ 117.5 on my TE44 combo... Bone stock power train, except for the TE44, MSD50's, and front mount.

Did you have surging with the 44 and front mount?

Just started a thread for real data on the TA 49 or TE 44. Post it if you have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello people; I should be getting the 44 in the near future (thanks Dave) and it has the BB option that I never knew you could get. I won't be doing the install but do you prime the 44 and oil the bearing somehow before you fire it up? I do use M1 syn. all the time if that helps.
Lets talk 44 recipes. I have 42 lb. injectors, TT 5.6 chip, PTE SLIC, not installed RJC DP, RJC exhaust, LS1 MA and Tin Man CAI, translater, hot wire and walbro FP, HR motor mounts. Stock engine as I bought it when it was fairly newly built.
Stock trans and converter. About 120.000 miles on car. I also have new headers that should be installed along with the turbo and a bored out stock throttle body that might also get installed. I've had this car for a while and my add ons did not happen over night. I might of forgot other things.
I'd like to here your thoughts and suggestions.
IBBY

You guys that run the huge high numbers like you are have probably forgot years ago how nice a turbo it can be.
actually I remember how much fun it was.49 turbo ran awesome on my car high 10s at 125mph.60000+miles on the turbo before I bolted it on another stocker and the guy loved it.

Just started a thread for real data on the TA 49 or TE 44. Post it if you have it.
I saw the thread you started.looks like data that you are sharing is there other data that you are looking for?

I saw the thread you started.looks like data that you are sharing is there other data that you are looking for?
If anyone has hot boost vs manifold pressure and inlet and outlet temps I'd be interested. Has to be accurate data though

Imo, if you do not want to change the converter , which you should, replacing a 30 year old converter can only help if you get the right one.

If not, I'd get the ball bearing 5858 since it will spool with a stock d5.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but Julio meth kit is one of the top ways to go for a boosted street car. Get the boost up to 24# with low timing (18-17*) and you will thank us later. There are cons and pro's to everything.

Never had a problem with his meth kit and meth can do wonderful things for our cars.jmo

egt probe info taken preturbo on a 10sec 49 car with stock ecm/maf.
It's useful if you can overlay the timing and a/f numbers over it

I love the 44/49 with a stock engine. I ran one into the high 10s. There just isnt a big power increase until you turn up the boost. At 20psi, you might see a slight gain over a stocker, but you need to be over 22 psi to really see a difference. I went 11.72@114 with a stock turbo too, with a 1.73 60', incorrect reman converter.

Back