Teflon center support rings

Chris, do you mean the rebuild kits come with both type rings? or do you order which ones you want?
I'm getting ready to order a rebuild kit but want to order all the correct parts once. Just making sure I get all that is needed and the correct parts.

paul

I don't know if this matters in a real word sealing application, but when I was building mine and had teflon rings in, they wouldn't air check worth a damn on the bench. Leaked like a sieve. So I put irons back in, air checked great, held air fine. After that, I decided to leave the irons in.

It is typical of teflon rings to air check with leakage. There are things to check when using teflon rings and if everything checks out OK in those regards, a bad air check can often be overlooked as normal. In actual operation, with high viscosity ATF, teflon rings will often perform better than iron. I say often, because there are some circumstances where iron does perform better than teflon. A high psi 200-4R direct clutch drum application is not one of them.

I agree....

With the above statement.
How you been Don?:)

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

I've been OK. Getting my car back together is winding down, so I have a little extra time to play. I hope everything has been good with you.