tel-star wheel pics

Does anyone have a 28x10.5 ET Drag on a telestar without rolling the fender well lip?

if you are talking about an 8" wheel, the fender isn't the problem, it is the frame

on a 10" wheel, I suspect you gotta roll the fender

(28X9 ET Drags fit just fine on 8" Telstars and I run 1.4x 60' times with 'em)

sure.....prolly 3/8 would do it if your car is square.....I'm not real keen on using a spacer tho......

tel-stars

I run 26-11.50's on the back with the 8in. Telstars.No rubbing at all and you can't beat em' for looks and value.

Thanks Woody for the info. V8snvme I dont have any problems with DOT's I run a 28x11.5 now with no rubbing but a 28x10.5 ET Drag is about an inch wider.

i thought the same thing bs is bs, but i will try anyway, but yes the sec width will bulge mor on the 8 than the 10 rim, but i belive the 28-11.5 wiil work better on the 8 rim and the 12.5 on the 10 rim for better foot print.

ok, im new to this and didnt really understand any of this, what would be the best street tire for my car that would work good in the rain, i would really like that wide look, without doing anything to my frame or anything like that, thanks?

For those that run 28x10.5 slick on an 8 inch rim..

...does the car move around a lot of the big end? I have a 28x10.5 et drag I will be putting on either a 8 inch or 10 inch rim. I have heard it will hook better out of the hole with a 8 inch rim since the tire will wrinkle more with the smaller rim, but have heard the car will "move around" more compared to a 10 inch rim? IS there any truth to this?

I am considering a set of 15x4 telstars for the front and 15x8 with 4 inch BS for the back.

Any frame/fender well issues will be handled accordingly.

yeah, they can get squirrley at 12 lbs pressure....a lot of folks use the Weld or equivalent 8.5 rim.....seems to work a bit better

as mentioned, 28X9's will fit good with no mods and hold up to high 1.4x 60' times...I am just seeing a little rotation in them at 1.45 60'......so I'm gonna do some frame work

I've never seen anyone detail the process of notching the frame. Can someone give me the thirty second lowdown on it? Do it yourself, or have it done? Just remove material, or do you have to remove then weld a plate on?

hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will be doing my car, that is the plan i will take some pics for those interested. did it on buddy 83 monte last year gained about 1 1/2 clearance from frame.

Hey VAN460.......275/60/15.s are okay on a stock steel 87 gn 7" wheel? That might be a good choice for me because nitto makes a drag radial in that size.
what size do you run up front?

Thanks chris

I have 275/60/15 BFG DR's on the stock 7" wheels, when I run them, they rub on medium to hard turns. I have to take turns at about 5mph or else the tire will rub the frame. I got on my back and looked up there, I have about 1/4" of clearance. This is with 18psi in the tires. I would NOT want this on a daily driven car.

yes this is on stock rim, have pics if like. 235/70/15 up front on stock rim for now.

i can run mine anywhere with the 275/60/15 yes in a hard turn it will rub , but on interstate it does great no rub. it depends if you want a road race car or drag car, i manly try to stay straight line so i will sacrifice a 5 mph turn rub to get a bigger tire on so it will hook. this tire really looks good under the gn's. this is just my opinion.

I TRIED THE 28-12.5 ET STREET ON THE 8 INCH RIM AND THERE IS KNOW CLEARANCE ON BACK SIDE W/ 4.5 BS LOOKS TO BE THE DIFFERANCE IN THE SEC. WIDTH FROM 10 TO 8 RIM SIZE, SO THE IDEAL 8 INCH WHEEL WOULD BE THE 4 INCH BS FROM TEL-STAR. OR YOU CAN RUN THE 10 W/4.5BS W/ 1/2 CLEARANCE FROM FRAME GIVE OR TAKE AND HAVE TO RUN AIR BAGS TO STAY OFF THE EDGE OF TIRE WITH THE 28-12.5, HAVE NOT TRIED THE 28-11.5 YET TO SEE HOW MUCH THIS WILL HELP SEC.WIDTH PROBLEMS. WANT TO PST PICS IN COMMUNITY WEBSHOTS BUT DO NOT KNOW HOW, ANYONE HELP?