Tested a BA Performance Intercooler today

Sounds like a few guys at an Amway convention :smile:

If ANYONE can't see this is yet another attack on Jack and his IC then they are blind. I still don't understand what Jack did to piss this group off leading to these attacks. If you don't want to buy or run his IC then leave him be. From the looks of it NONE of you are! It still amazes me that you only attack him. How about those units that are even less as found by "The Source" testing like the PTE, Applied and Eastern IC's????? Pretty much even you guys through your own way of testing have shown that in the upper 9's an IC almost double the thickness made a gain that can't even be seen. And the fact still remains that SOME have ran even faster on Jack's IC including Jack. At this point I really don't know why everytime you tune into one of these boards a bash Jack and his IC thread is somewhere to be found :rolleyes:

HEY GUYS........... If you are an Upper Cruster needing such a unit then buy the SOB!!!! Nobody disputes that at each level it calls for a different piece. This is common knowledge since day one when you buy ANY part for a Turbo Buick... be it injectors, pump, converter, etc....

Do you guys need a picture of Anderson's TSO IC again so you can see the difference? When you are at that level which some are then if it isn't residing in your car then you are the ASS. Plain and simple what goes with what :eek:

yea i heard someone painted his gn red and calls it a "DA HOT TOMATO" he must have had a intercooler agenda or humor, :cool:

Intercooler said:
If ANYONE can't see this is yet another attack on Jack and his IC then they are blind
Anyone who cant see i started this thread to post results of a test for BA Perfomance on an intercooler they sent me,Then they are blind.Think what you want but i made no mention of Jack or his intercooler until i had to defend to people why the car went no faster.And it was Sully who dragged the info tested on the other peice into it.I was content no bringing it up.I sent them to him to review and had asked for a BA log to be posted to show what it was capable of.No hidden Agenda.

KLHAMMETT said:
Anyone who cant see i started this thread to post results of a test for BA Perfomance on an intercooler they sent me,Then they are blind.Think what you want but i made no mention of Jack or his intercooler until i had to defend to people why the car went no faster.And it was Sully who dragged the info tested on the other peice into it.I was content no bringing it up.I sent them to him to review and had asked for a BA log to be posted to show what it was capable of.No hidden Agenda.

Don't go trying to make me your scapegoat Otto. The 1st post I made about any data was post #39. Even then I didn't do a comparison. It wasn't til way way later. There were plenty of other comments made way before that. Anyone who reads the 1st 12 posts knows exactly why this thread was started. If you had no intention why did you send me 6 runs to post? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How does that song go? Lies, Lies.. tell me sweet little lies.

Sully

V6 Beast said:
Don't go trying to make me your scapegoat Otto. The 1st post I made about any data was post #39. Even then I didn't do a comparison. It wasn't til way way later. There were plenty of other comments made way before that. Anyone who reads the 1st 12 posts knows exactly why this thread was started. If you had no intention why did you send me 6 runs to post? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sully

Sure looks that way,doesn't it?

V6 Beast said:

Sully
Hey,Did i ever anywhere ask you to post anything but a BA log?Just because i sent you all the logs? I sent them so you could see the difference,I did not want to be accused of hiding anything.Im am really sure you never had any intention of posting even a BA log.I take back the scpaegoat thing,I was typing off my memory.So are you saying i posted these results only to go after Jack? Do you even think i even tested a different intercooler?
SO how does the song go? I am not lieing,never have i in this thread or emails to you personally.I really could give a **** about Jack or his business,I was done with that chapter long ago.JACK ASKED FOR TEST RESULTS. HE GOT THEM.I would not have wasted my time using his but Jimmy wanted to CAUSE JACK ASKED.Was a waste of time thinking you may be a decent guy.And im sure you feel the same way right back.
Good luck with TSM this year.

KLHAMMETT said:
Hey,Did i ever anywhere ask you to post anything but a BA log?Just because i sent you all the logs? I sent them so you could see the difference,I did not want to be accused of hiding anything.Im am really sure you never had any intention of posting even a BA log.I take back the scpaegoat thing,I was typing off my memory.So are you saying i posted these results only to go after Jack? Do you even think i even tested a different intercooler?
SO how does the song go? I am not lieing,never have i in this thread or emails to you personally.I really could give a **** about Jack or his business,I was done with that chapter long ago.JACK ASKED FOR TEST RESULTS. HE GOT THEM.I would not have wasted my time using his but Jimmy wanted to CAUSE JACK ASKED.Was a waste of time thinking you may be a decent guy.And im sure you feel the same way right back.
Good luck with TSM this year.

Actually you did... would you like me to post the email like you did mine?

V6 Beast said:
Actually you did... would you like me to post the email like you did mine?
Nope i will
Here is the first one
klhammett said:
Steve i am sending you 6 datalogs, THIS IS NOT TO START ANY ****,That is why i have not posted.
The first 3 are Jacks original cooler,The second 3 are the BA.I am not comparing the 2 as they are different dimensionally
I appreciate your posting these,THe one named Etown 6 is the one i posted teh results from.THe other 2 were even lower.Please check off the other variables in the datalog.I prefer you only show air temp,rpm and TPS
Thanks
Second
klhammett said:
I was by no means trying to skew data,Feel free to post it all,I figured most people would not know what they are looking at so show them the detail,But im fine with letting it all out.As far as the car not going faster there are 2 things to look at.1 look at the rpm and you can see the converter was pretty much slipping the entire time.A convertor should get the car dow nthe track quicker.Also when running inlet temps higher you are closer to the edge of detonation,WIth mat temps as low as the BA did we could have easily and safely added a 5 or more pounds of boost and a few degrees of timng,That would have definetly gave us more power,But with the convertor showing what it did, we did not turn it up.Also he should post pics of his real wheel studs all 10 were bent!!So we put the car away.Im not positive but i do believe the une will change with the proper convertor slip.
Dont think i am trying to hide info,Post it all.
third
klhammett said:
I dont think with todays temps detonation would have been an issue at all with either cooler,But when hte oustide tempsget in the 80-90s is when i would worry.The Mat sensor was located in the same place on both coolers,Jack was threaded in the tnetics elbow,The ba right above the elbow in the end tank.
4th
klhammett said:
No problem at all Steve,Im tired of the pissing match also,THat is why i didnt post any results from jacks,and had no plans on posting logs about his.
5th
klhammett said:
Stock stroke motor.same GCT.I really didnt play with the tune that much.The 02 correction was pretty close
except for a few jumps to -10%But if you overlay the ve tables the runs (because of the convertor)
all stayed within a 2 box area.Changeing either of those numbers would not have been smart at that point (IMO)Once the convertor problem is corrected there will be some fine tuning to do.Ill have to get Jim to download the GCT from the car,I did not save it to my laptop yesterday.Ill ask him to do it later.

Thats all of them,What is it you feel the need to point out?

V6 Beast said:
No 9.x ?? :mad: :mad:

I can post Screenshots or Data logs for ya.

Sully

My offer

KLHAMMETT said:
They are coming your way

you reply and I get this.

Steve i am sending you 6 datalogs, THIS IS NOT TO START ANY ****,That is why i have not posted.
The first 3 are Jacks original cooler,The second 3 are the BA.I am not comparing the 2 as they are different dimensionally I appreciate your posting these,THe one named Etown 6 is the one i posted teh results from.THe other 2 were even lower.Please check off the other variables in the datalog.I prefer you only show air temp,rpm and TPS Thanks

First I know about any logs other than BA. Where does it say you don't want me to post all of them? Where does it say there are just for me?

Cheeseburger said:
What was the results of the other cooler you tested for comparison sake?

Now how did He know there was another cooler?… No one posted as such. Only 4 minutes later too.

KLHAMMETT said:
Mike at this time i prefer not to post them,As i will most likely get slammed.Ill pm then to you and you.Feel free to share.

Then you confirm another cooler was involved for everyone to see

KLHAMMETT said:
For those that want to know,There was an increase of .02 seconds.Which in turn does not look like much.But once the datalog is posted you will see the convertor problem.The car will go faster with both coolers we tested once the convertor is squared away,Its getting shipped to Bill Anderson this week.

Then you post about gains.. But your not starting anything.

top gun said:
A big thumbs up to BA for producing a quality intercooler and core, those numbers are very impressive.

The great numbers the BA intercooler was putting out shows how much the "other" intercooler that was tested is lacking.

Then Mr. Personality chimes in.

Like I said Otto… It is blatantly obvious to anyone that reads the posts exactly what was going on. Well if not, it certainly comes across that way and you come across as a guy that is trying to look innocent while doing nothing but causing trouble... But that is just my opinion and maybe I am reading too much into it but I think if you go back and read, you will see why people (Not just me) are getting that impression.

I am an ok guy Otto, I would do just about anything for anyone. I took parts off of my car so Phil M could run when I had problems. I am just tired of seeing a guy that would also do just about anything he could for most anyone attacked(And I have seen several of you attackers in his pit using his tools, eating his food, not paying a dime).

I'd like to just say, to those that think some of my comments and "name-calling" were not professional or called for, you are right. Unfortuinately, I am human, and with that statement I am subject to sometimes exhibiting behavior even I don't approve of.... if you were attacked for 6 months by the same 4-5 guys, you may understand my frustrations... fortunately, a little playful remark or 2 is all I am guilty of.

KLHAMMETT said:
Ya heres a guy with something useful to add :rolleyes:

Ya know what Otto.......... the posts speak for themselves.... if it was JUST a BA ic test, than it should have stated that, not "tested 2 IC's" thats in post #1

post # 6 from Otto
Mike at this time i prefer not to post them,As i will most likely get slammed.Ill pm then to you and you.Feel free to share.

sounds more like, Mike, if you post them... I'm off the hook.. pllease post them, like they even give any more data other than temp. Like I said before, your testing was over after the firstpass, if your TC was off...... but you had to get data so as to start the whole process over again..... of wacking away at me. How many ways do I have to say, we have new cores, for the big guns, no reason to continue the passive-aggressive attacks. I could go just a few more posts and paint an even better picture, whats the use........ waste of time and bandwidth....

Sully if you go back and read My first post it says "A couple of intercoolers"
Now as far as the innocent thing.There may have been other posts where i can see where you are coming from,But this post was not made with any intentions,agenda or the like,Well i can say for my part.
It seems as though poeple here may not hold me in high regards,But just ask anyone who has been to the track with me.
Hell i pulled D!ck Kerenys trans at BG,rebuilt it with my own parts and reinstalled it.NO CHARGE!!!.He made me take money for parts but i would not take his money for labor,And i had only met him 2 days prior to that.
ANd i cant say i can remeber ever useing Jack at the track for anything.Well except for the fuel pump he owed me.

Jack i would have loved to test your new intercooler,No BS just real results.
But it seems as though the one you PROMISED Jim Romes is no longer available because you deem him a POS.
For the record Jack
Jim always,always stood up for you,Always said you guys were cool,Always said he did not have a problem with you.Always stood by your side in any converstaion we had.Never,never said anything bad about you.
Its really ****ty the way you treat him now after he only ever did what you asked him to do when he clearly never treated you with disrespect.

And for the record,I still dont have a problem with you and would love to buy you dinner sometime.

odell4o8 said:
yea i heard someone painted his gn red and calls it a "DA HOT TOMATO" he must have had a intercooler agenda or humor, :cool:
Im gonna paint my car brown and call it
"DA PEICE OF SH!T"

KLHAMMETT said:
Jack i would have loved to test your new intercooler,No BS just real results.
But it seems as though the one you PROMISED Jim Romes is no longer available because you deem him a POS.
For the record Jack
Jim always,always stood up for you,Always said you guys were cool,Always said he did not have a problem with you.Always stood by your side in any converstaion we had.Never,never said anything bad about you.
Its really ****ty the way you treat him now after he only ever did what you asked him to do when he clearly never treated you with disrespect.

And for the record,I still dont have a problem with you and would love to buy you dinner sometime.

Well it looks like jim and otto have joined the ranks of the has beens but of course thats thier problem not a certain person. Truth comes in numbers if 20 people say your wife is cheating on you but she swears she is not GUESS WHAT ? if 8 jururs say your guilty but you swear your innocent GUESS
WHAT :rolleyes:. bottom line is everybody needs to move on if you don't like jack than say so and move forward I have, so I don't need to beat around the bush. If Cotton wants this tread to die on his old intercoolers than my suggestion and it may meaningless to some people would be for him to test his new coolers vs the old and post results

KLHAMMETT said:
Ya heres a guy with something useful to add :rolleyes:

Okay,let me add this:
1. YOUR test proved that the BA IC added nothing to the performance of Jim's car.
The cooler temps did nothing for the car[I stated why earlier].
2.You don't like to start these threads in the
tech section where they would not be allowed to turn into a "Jack bashing fest".

You may think you're clever playing innocent and altruistic here,but your methods expose what you're really up to.
You're not the first person to help other racers[good on you],but when you precipitate this kind of crap,you show your other side.
Jack has helped lots of other racers at events and never asked for a cent for doing it.
He'll even warn you against wasting money on stuff you don't need.
That doesn't sound like a charleten [sp?] to me.
As far as I'm concerned,Jack's good people[judging by the sales response he's been getting lately,a lot of others agree].
I put Jack up there with Jim Rock,Jim Dotson,John Schmitt and a few others.
These guys are gentlemen and always willing to help.
The sport needs more guys like this,not a bunch of back biting snipers. :cool:

I think its time to turn the page and move forward.......the old intercooler debate is getting just that.......old!
Plus i am getting tired of getting emails in regards to this thread! ;)