TH400 Swap Questions

I'm in North Texas about 1 hr north of Dallas.

Not sure who's in your area.
I can build you one, but it is likely easier to ship it than you make the drive two ways.

There is a cable operated modulator, no vacuum needed. It uses a 700R4 throttle valve cable. ~90 bux

Just thought you might like to know.

Later AJ

I have used a mechanical modulator before on the th400 and i used the stock 2004r throttle valve cable in my 86 turbo regal no mods needed.

TransStar sells the mechanical modulator.

I'm in North Texas about 1 hr north of Dallas.

Not sure who's in your area.
I can build you one, but it is likely easier to ship it than you make the drive two ways.

Hey, one of the other members posted this "The 400 uses vacuum to shift the trans. The TR does not produce any vacuum when in boost. You need to get a manual valve body. Most go with a reverse valve with a trans brake."
Would the tranny you build take care of all of the needs for the buick turbo?

Whatever happened to the orificed bleed in the vacuum line trick for blown applications? I used one on a C6 modulator line for a blown Lightening truck. Worked fine and was simple.

Lonnie Diers at Extremeautomics is a vendor here and builds some very nice th400's. I have one in my car. Basically mines stock with good clutches and a tci manual valve body....nothing fancy, but it works.

There is nothing stock about your 400 other than the trans case it came in.

coming soon

Built TH400 about to be for sale!!!!! BOP , ATi brake, 34 element sprag, ATI deep pan, red eagle clutches, kolene steels, Cooler line pressure at 35psi. trans out of a late 60 pontiac gto/tempest. Shifts good and fast. returning car to ALMOST stock.:wink:

I agree, absorbing it all in. I love this board!!!!!! And thanks to all of you guys for contributing.........Anyone else have any info on your TH400 conversion????? By the way, I am just south of St. Louis Missouri, if there are any good TH400 builders near here :biggrin:

I changed first gear in my th400 to match the stock first gear of the th200. The only thing I would do different is to go with an internal trans brake as mine does not always work do to the heat.

Built TH400 about to be for sale!!!!! BOP , ATi brake, 34 element sprag, ATI deep pan, red eagle clutches, kolene steels, Cooler line pressure at 35psi. trans out of a late 60 pontiac gto/tempest. Shifts good and fast. returning car to ALMOST stock.:wink:

Price???