The $100,000.00 Black Buick

I couldn't let that car sit. I would have to drive it and put a couple hundred miles on it a year. Show it off.

I couldn't let that car sit. I would have to drive it and put a couple hundred miles on it a year. Show it off.

welllll let me add something to that ... take your nice new GNX out for a little cruise to "show it off" .. even take it to a car show !!! people who don't know what the car is think nothing of leaning on your car while they are talking to someone next to yours :rolleyes: then have those people get in a "little" disagreement with them and they jump in the car an take off... missing your car buy inches :eek: once your new GNX has had some paint work its goin to hurt the value somewhat :( a car like this I would just leave it in a garage .. ya its a shame to do it but I don't see driving it :( :eek:

welllll let me add something to that ... take your nice new GNX out for a little cruise to "show it off" .. even take it to a car show !!! people who don't know what the car is think nothing of leaning on your car while they are talking to someone next to yours :rolleyes: then have those people get in a "little" disagreement with them and they jump in the car an take off... missing your car buy inches :eek: once your new GNX has had some paint work its goin to hurt the value somewhat :( a car like this I would just leave it in a garage .. ya its a shame to do it but I don't see driving it :( :eek:

I can respect that... but that is a chance I would be willing to take. Same could happen to a $250,000, Ford GT, or Porsche GT3.

IMO that car should stay in it's cocoon. You really cant compare it to anything, especially one of those newer supercars or even an older musclecar. First off B-J is a sham. The Jackson family created that market. For the sole purpose of lining their bank account. The time is drawing near for another musclecar market bubble to burst. Just like it did a dozen times before. The only reason for this particular GNX' existence is because a few people had pie in the sky dreams of cashing in on that sham. Did you ever hear of anybody that tucked a 64 GTO away in hopes of selling it for 6 figures? Did you ever hear of a 70 GSX tucked away for the same prosperiety? No. Not a single one.Like I said B-J created that market. The writing is on the wall. Whoever buys this car, or any other car for a ridiculious amount, and hangs onto it is stupid. They better flip it fast or they'll come out on the short end of the stick IMO. For Christ's sake! This and every other car out there was assembled on the same assembly line as your Grandmas Regal and Monte Carlo. It has the same piss poor build quality issues as the billion cars built before it and the billion more built after it. Just because it has some special parts doesn't seperate it from any other car built. It should stay in it's cocoon........ as a monument to stupidity.:mad:

yup just a plain old Regal :p this is just a plain ol 66 Mustang convert to :p :biggrin:

While it's a beautiful car, it's just that.... a car. People's perspectives are all screwed up. I live in a nice but modest house that cost me $4,000 less than what they're looking to get out of a Buick Regal.
The GNX is nothing more than a sh*t era glorified Regal with a hair dryer, fancy suspenion and flared fenders :wink:
I have no idea where I'm going with this, I'm knocking my own car :tongue:

So 10 miles on the clock in 20 years... um same oil? same brake fluid?..i bet that looks lovely, i wonder what the cylinder walls look like. same compressed valve springs for 20 years, same antifreeze/water rusting away inside.

Hmmm it would have to go right on display but then again if i had 100k to toss out i guess i could afford sink more into it eh

Maybe they changed all the fluids?

I see the Master clylinder cap was put on half a$$ed and isn't sealed. As soon as someone starts it and hits the brakes there is going to be brake fluid (paint remover) all over everything.

i dont care... id take that sucker out to the track, with some slicks and have at it...
cars were ment to be drivin and turbo buicks "even GNX's " were ment to be RACED !!!!

I would drive the wheels off it! Why just look at it? Life's too short not to enjoy what you have while you can.

I agree with drive cars and not looking at them but this is different. This GNX has 10 miles on it. It would just be an investment to sell 20 yrs from now for maybe 300K. :)

id rather go to my grave knowing i raced the hell out of that car, then knowing i made some $$ off of it...