The air ram fab begins

I tried this about 17 years ago and had zero gain on a street application. I did have an air filter and a maf screen in the way though but that engine was probably only using 35lbs/min of air at best. There would have to be a large pressure drop in front of the turbo inlet to see any gain. With a 4" hose the compressor always ran out of steam before there was any real pressure drop. I've dynoed with and without an air filter on a 800hp application where I ran the compressor for all it was worth and didn't see anything for power increase and that was sucking through an air filter on the 4" hose test. The filter probably flows 1100-1200cfm. Just about what that engine was using. I've seen drastic airflow increases on the compressor side removing the factory maf with 1 screen. On one setup I picked up 45whp removing the maf. Boost went from about 24 to 27 after removal.

Do I understand correctly that you plan on not running an air filter with this ?
Not sure how Shane is going to do it,but no filter for me on the street, I move the 4in. hose behind the hi beam headlite grill I have.

JD

Going to do like JD. No filter when using the ram air pick up. I will move the duct to a different location on the street. Here it is mounted. Just have to cut the air dam and hook up the piping. Going to go thru the same location as JD. I have a hard time believing that running down the track that air isn't going to be forced toward the turbo. Also I do not run a MAF Sensor. Speed Density. ramair12.jpg