The car dies after 2-3 seconds

Swede2

I dont know anything!
Hi guys. I dont know what to do... The day before car inspection here in Sweden did the car go well. But next day when I started it, it wouldnt go well at all... Mal code 32 from the Scanmaster, I checked EGR... today i blocked of EGR and still the same ****. The o2:s are all the time on 941. I reset the ECM and now does it not show any wrong code but its still the same sympthom.

I have checked some vac lines without finding any leaks. I have checked turbo/IC, and its not any leaks in thoose.

I am out of ideas... what can be wrong ? As I stated before, the car starts, goes up on 941 o2:s and dies after a few seconds. The tps is on 42 something, IAC is a bit higher often... like 60-70. BLM and INT is 128.

One funny thing... Yesterday did I start the car, and it would idle pretty good after a ecm reset. The o2:s down to normal 300-400 but BLM was 108 something. So I decided to go and fill up some gas in the tank. When I started the car again a couple of hours later the problem was back again.

Any ideas ? I had not done any mods to it before the problem occoured.

Daniel

Bump....

Your IAC is high....Reset it. Check your MAF connections....Can you put a known good MAF in there to see if it makes a difference?

Some heavy hitters will chime in soon with more help :)

Good Luck

Thx Lee.

The IAC is hard to set if I cant get the car into closed loop running ?

I have a stock Maf, I shall go out and change it now. Another thought I have, is that the o2 sensor can be smoked ?? Or would the car go even if it was unfunctional ?

Daniel

It was not a maf problem, when I put the stocker on it was the same as before.

But I tested to put the foot on the gas pedal for a while, and the car goes rather well if I have gas on the engine. The o2:s will also go to like 300-500 and I hear a whistling sound. That must be a a vacum leak but where the hell is it in that case?!?! I have not found anything.

Daniel

When you reset the computer, the car will start in open loop. Meaning the O2 sensor doesnt matter. Iac will start high then start to drop.

If you have a vacuum guage, see what the engine vacuum is?

Another thing to check would be fuel pressure. Make sure its at 43-45 lbs line off engine running.

If IAC goes to zero after you start it.. then there is a leak after throttle body.

Leak on the IC or hoses around the turbo/IC will cuase issues with the MAF. Like a cracked IC.

Start on these.

If your 02 sensor was bad, you would throw a code 44 or 45. I doubt that's the problem if you havent used racegas.

Jason

Ok then we can count away the o2 sensor...

Before I wrote here I checked the fp. It was around 42, but I only checked it with the ignition on and no running engine.

The IAC does not go to 0, its rather high as I said before, like 60-70 and when the engine die it will go to 150.

I will check the vacum pressure next time I am nearby the car.

I know its not a turbo/ic problem, I routed the maf pipe directly to the TB yesterday and the car was all the same.

Thx for all suggestions!

Daniel

Hi!

I just wanted you to know that it was the EGR that went bad... I bought a new one and the car runned after I installed it.

Daniel