You can type here any text you want

The combo I'm planning

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VKREGAL

I have an 84 regal with carbreted 3.8 non turbo. I am putting an edelbrock 4 barrel intake and carb,edelbrock cam .448 .472, headers, dual exhaust, a mild ck 2004r tranny, 3.42 posi rear from a gn,sway bars, and front and rear springs and shocks. The car is 3149lbs stock but i took out all the egr a/c and brackets with it. It should be around 3100lbs now. What times do think it could run with this combo?

Thanks

but before you get discouraged, it'll be a lot faster than the mid 19's it ran when it was new! GB

As a funny side note....I had an '84 NA Regal that I took to the dragstrip when I was 15 just to get some experience at the track...it was my first time racing. Frankly, I was quite bored one day and just thought of all the FREE things I could do to the car to make it quicker.

I flipped the air cleaner lid, dumped the pipe after the catalytic, removed the AC and smog pump belt, bumped the timing up a bit, and found the shortest set of tires I had laying around (to help that horrible 2.41 gear!!). The car ran a 18.30 in the heat of summer.

Not exactly quick, I know. But all the literature I've read pins these as Mid-19 second cars. I guess my point is that just by unchoking these engines there is more potential to be had, even for free. Then there is weight reduction....every little bit helps.

Good luck on your project VKRegal. Go with that Edelbrock package, the gears and the tranny and you will have a good combo.

First look up solar goldraptor and see wht he's dealing with in Dunkirk France. I used to run an H-body Skyhawk with a Buick 231 and I had very good luck at 2880 lbs. Got to low 14's running Rhere and Morrison machine work and a stock 86-87 GN cam, but I ported the sh_t out of the heads and used 1&5/8" Kenne bell headers for an H-Body GM vehicle. I ran in SCCA street modified or super street modified and did OK. Depending on what you're wanting to do is the big question. Give us an idea?

Back