The Differential Theory of US Armed Forces (Snake Model)

Junior Samples

Walk Away
The Differential Theory of US Armed Forces (Snake Model)

Upon encountering a snake in the Area of Operations:

Infantry: Snake smells them, leaves area.

Airborne: Lands on and kills the snake.

Armor: Runs over snake, laughs, and looks for more snakes.

Aviation: Has Global Positioning Satellite coordinates to snake. Can't find snake. Returns to base for refuel, crew rest and manicures.

Ranger: Plays with snake, then eats it.

Field Artillery: Kills snake with massive Time On Target barrage with three Forward Artillery Brigades in support. Kills several hundred civilians as unavoidable collateral damage. Mission is considered a success and all participants (i.e. cooks, mechanics and clerks) are awarded Silver Stars.

Special Forces: Makes contact with snake, ignores all State Department directives and Theater Commander Rules of Engagement by building rapport with snake and winning its heart and mind. Trains it to kill other snakes. Files enormous travel voucher upon return.

Combat Engineer: Studies snake. Prepares in-depth doctrinal thesis in obscure 5-series Field Manual about how to defeat snake using countermobility assets. Complains that maneuver forces don't understand how to properly conduct doctrinal counter-snake ops.

Navy SEAL: Expends all ammunition and calls for naval gunfire support in failed attempt to kill snake. Snake bites SEAL and retreats to safety. Hollywood makes fantasy film in which SEALs kill Muslim extremist snakes.

Navy: Fires off 50 cruise missiles from various types of ships, kills snake and makes presentation to Senate Appropriations Committee on how Naval forces are the most cost-effective means of anti-snake force projection.

Marine: Kills snake by accident while looking for souvenirs. Local civilians demand removal of all US forces from Area of Operations.

Marine Recon: Follows snake, gets lost.

Combat Controllers: Guides snake elsewhere.

Para-Rescue Jumper: Wounds snake in initial encounter, then works feverishly to save snake's life.

Supply: (NOTICE: Your anti-snake equipment is on backorder.)

Transport pilot: Receives call for anti-snake equipment, delivers two weeks after due date.

F-16 pilot: Finds snake, drops two CBU-87 cluster bombs, and misses target due to weather.

AH-64 Apache pilot: Unable to locate snake, snakes don't show well on infra-red.

UH-60 Blackhawk pilot: Finds snake on fourth pass after snake starts bonfire to mark Landing Zone. Rotor wash blows snake into the fire.

B-52 pilot: Pulls ARCLIGHT mission on snake, kills snake and every other living thing within two miles of target.

Missile crew: Lays in target coordinates to snake in 20 seconds, but can't receive authorization from National Command Authority to use nuclear weapons.

Intelligence officer: Snake? What snake? Only 4 of 35 indicators of snake activity are currently active. We assess the potential for snake activity as LOW.

Judge Advocate General (JAG): Snake declines to bite, citing grounds of professional courtesy.

CH-47 Pilot: Slingleg breaks in flight while slingloading anti-snake equiptment, pilot cuts slingload. Slingload lands on snake and kills it. Crew cheif uses dead snake to replace broken slingleg.

Navy Pilot: Draped snake around neck at Tail Hook to pick up chicks.

Military Police: Gave snake a sobriety test for not moving in a straight line.

Signal: Broadcasts 200,000+ watt transmissions in support of anti-snake missions, accidentally electrocuted snake in the process.

Corps of Engineers: Surveyed and researched area for plans on improving flood plain, cant do it because snake is on the endangered species list.

Cooks: Snake sneaks in chow hall. Snake dies of food poisoning.

There was a Marine Corps Sargeant that had just dismounted an AMTRAK in a light rain. He looks down while briskly running for cover and discovers that he is moving through about six inches of mud. He thinks to himself, "Oh God, I LIKE this $hit!"

There was a Navy SEAL Petty Officer that, after a 3 mile underwater swim found himself in a pounding rainstrom, low-crawling through thick mud and muck which covered him and his gear from head to toe. He thinks to himself, "Oh God, I LOVE this $hit!"

There was a Special Forces Sargeant that while performing a HALO insertion from 30,000 feet through the damnedest rain, lighting, thunder, and bruising hail stones the size of baseballs, found himself open under a malfunctioning main canopy and short of his Drop Zone. He deploys his reserve and ends up landing in triple thick canopy loaded with tree limbs and briars that just shred his body, his BDU's, and all his gear. Finally, he crashes to ground, rolls up his gear. He thinks to himself, "Oh God, I LIVE this $hit!"

There was an Air Force Sargeant that gets to his office and switches on his personal computer. After a few minutes the machine boots up and he discovers that his email is not working. He thinks to himself, "Oh God, I HATE this $hit!"

MILITARY LANGUAGE CONVERSION CHART
NAVY / USMC ARMY AIR FORCE
Head Latrine Powder Room
Rack Bunk Single with ruffle and duvet
Mess Deck / Chow Hall Mess Hall / Mess Tent Dining Facility or 'The Cafe'
"Cookie", stew burner Mess Cook Contract Chef
Coffee / Mud Cup of Joe Vanilla Skim Latte'
Bug Juice Kool-Aid Shirley Temple
Utilities / Digitals BDUs / ACUs Casual Wear
Seaman / Private Private Bobby / Jimmy
Chief / Gunny Sergeant Bob / Jim
Captain / Skipper Colonel Robert / James
Captain's Mast Article 15 Time Out
Berthing / Barracks Barracks Apartment
Skivvies / U-Trau Underwear Undies
Thrown in the Brig Put in Confinement Grounded
Zoom Bag Flight Suit Business Casual
Cover / Head Gear Beret Optional
Ship's Store / NEX PX (PX Trailer) AAFES Shopping Mall
TAD TDY PCS with family
Cruise / Afloat Deploy Huh?
Ground Grabbers Athletic Shoes Flip-Flops
Die for your Country Die for your Battle Buddy Die for Air Conditioning
Shipmate / Marine Battle Buddy Don't Ask, Don't Tell or Honey
Terminate / Kill Take Out Back on Base for Happy Hour
Boon Dockers Jump Boots Birkenstocks
Low Quarters Low Quarters Patent Leather
SEAL SF/Ranger Librarian
Shore Patrol / MPs MPs SF
Oouh-Rah! Hoo-ah! Hip-Hip hurray!
MRE MRE Happy Meal To Go
Salute Salute Wave
Obstacle Course Confidence Course Class 6 Parking Lot
Grinder / Drill Field Parade Field What?
Ge-Dunk Snack Bar Chuck E. Cheese
PT Test APFT "No conversion available"

MILITARY LANGUAGE CONVERSION CHART
NAVY / USMC ARMY AIR FORCE
Head Latrine Powder Room
Rack Bunk Single with ruffle and duvet
Mess Deck / Chow Hall Mess Hall / Mess Tent Dining Facility or 'The Cafe'
"Cookie", stew burner Mess Cook Contract Chef
Coffee / Mud Cup of Joe Vanilla Skim Latte'
Bug Juice Kool-Aid Shirley Temple
Utilities / Digitals BDUs / ACUs Casual Wear
Seaman / Private Private Bobby / Jimmy
Chief / Gunny Sergeant Bob / Jim
Captain / Skipper Colonel Robert / James
Captain's Mast Article 15 Time Out
Berthing / Barracks Barracks Apartment
Skivvies / U-Trau Underwear Undies
Thrown in the Brig Put in Confinement Grounded
Zoom Bag Flight Suit Business Casual
Cover / Head Gear Beret Optional
Ship's Store / NEX PX (PX Trailer) AAFES Shopping Mall
TAD TDY PCS with family
Cruise / Afloat Deploy Huh?
Ground Grabbers Athletic Shoes Flip-Flops
Die for your Country Die for your Battle Buddy Die for Air Conditioning
Shipmate / Marine Battle Buddy Don't Ask, Don't Tell or Honey
Terminate / Kill Take Out Back on Base for Happy Hour
Boon Dockers Jump Boots Birkenstocks
Low Quarters Low Quarters Patent Leather
SEAL SF/Ranger Librarian
Shore Patrol / MPs MPs SF
Oouh-Rah! Hoo-ah! Hip-Hip hurray!
MRE MRE Happy Meal To Go
Salute Salute Wave
Obstacle Course Confidence Course Class 6 Parking Lot
Grinder / Drill Field Parade Field What?
Ge-Dunk Snack Bar Chuck E. Cheese
PT Test APFT "No conversion available"

That's freaking hillarious!! Where is the world you get all this crap!! :D

That is so true!! LMAO

I remember when I was deplyed in '06 to Iraq and ran into this Air Force Sgt and she was complaining because she had to do a 3 months deployment. I told her the Navy has been deploying for 6 months or more just for kicks and you're complaining?... And that was before and after the war started. Give me a break!!

I would change the "put in confinement" part under the Army to "stockade".

Funny as hell though,once again right on point.

That is so true!! LMAO

Actually, no it's not true.

AF also refers to the rest room as "latrine".

Dining facility is also known as "DFAC" or "chow hall".

The uniform is not referred to as "casual wear". It's called a "uniform". You have 4 types of AF uniforms: blues, BDU's, ABU's and the PT uniform.

PT? Did someone say PT? Damn right. Contrary to what you want to believe, AF does do PT. In boot camp you do it 6 times a week. 3 times a week out of boot camp.

What the hell is a "time out"? You **** up, your ass gets an article 15 or a court martial. There is no such thing as a "time out".

Apartments? Only if you live off base and you pick it yourself. The AF doesn't issue apartments.

Deployments are very common, some to easy places like Kuwait, others are to hostile places like Afghanistan and Iraq.

I don't know of anyone who does not salute a superior officer and instead waves, and gets away with it.

In basic you're not allowed to visit the Class Six for any reason, so yes drill was conducted at the drill pad. Parade field was where you conducted your final drill before thousands of viewers.

AAFES is an acronym for Army/Air Force Exchange Service, and is the name of the store. AF refers to it as the "BX".

The AF has been doing 4 and 6 month deployments for the last 4 years, plus all branches have people that complain about having to do things they don't want to do.

Hopefully this helps break up the ignorance some.

Actually, no it's not true.

AF also refers to the rest room as "latrine".

Dining facility is also known as "DFAC" or "chow hall".

The uniform is not referred to as "casual wear". It's called a "uniform". You have 4 types of AF uniforms: blues, BDU's, ABU's and the PT uniform.

PT? Did someone say PT? Damn right. Contrary to what you want to believe, AF does do PT. In boot camp you do it 6 times a week. 3 times a week out of boot camp.

What the hell is a "time out"? You **** up, your ass gets an article 15 or a court martial. There is no such thing as a "time out".

Apartments? Only if you live off base and you pick it yourself. The AF doesn't issue apartments.

Deployments are very common, some to easy places like Kuwait, others are to hostile places like Afghanistan and Iraq.

I don't know of anyone who does not salute a superior officer and instead waves, and gets away with it.

In basic you're not allowed to visit the Class Six for any reason, so yes drill was conducted at the drill pad. Parade field was where you conducted your final drill before thousands of viewers.

AAFES is an acronym for Army/Air Force Exchange Service, and is the name of the store. AF refers to it as the "BX".

The AF has been doing 4 and 6 month deployments for the last 4 years, plus all branches have people that complain about having to do things they don't want to do.

Hopefully this helps break up the ignorance some.

Hey, brother, reign it in a bit- it's all good fun. This board holds the highest respect for ALL branches of the services. Many here are currently serving, or vets.

Of course, there's always that inter-service rivalry and button pushing.......:biggrin:

Pete
12 year Navy survivor!

I understand. It just seems all too often people bash on one branch or another w/o knowing the full story. Truth be told, all 4 branches are equally important and all are equally key contributors in the war on terrorism.

I understand. It just seems all too often people bash on one branch or another w/o knowing the full story. Truth be told, all 4 branches are equally important and all are equally key contributors in the war on terrorism.

Yep.....what he said!!;)

Ken B.

My friend, if I was to listen to all the crap that people talk about the Navy I'll be growing gray hair right about now. Like you said, all 4 branches are just as equally important and we all do a great job on what we do. So don't take it to heart. At the end we are the best Armed Forces in the World and no one can dispute that!! :biggrin:

i enjoy military humor myself but some GI's don't get it. was wa a briefing one with a former CMSAF and threre was alot of jokinkg goin on at the end so i spoke up " hey chief, we got uniforms liek the army and starting to do pt like army matter of fact i've been on an army base for a year. when we gonna be army air corp again?" you coulda heard a pin drop, they didn't see the humor in that at all.

yeah ya know..lol i didnt write em...i got more jabbing the core, the navy and the army...i sent the one to my friend with 22 yrs in the AF and he thought it was hilarious..so anyway

besides the funny one was the snake theory anyhoo

i enjoy military humor myself but some GI's don't get it. was wa a briefing one with a former CMSAF and threre was alot of jokinkg goin on at the end so i spoke up " hey chief, we got uniforms liek the army and starting to do pt like army matter of fact i've been on an army base for a year. when we gonna be army air corp again?" you coulda heard a pin drop, they didn't see the humor in that at all.

LMAO