The GN not leaving the line hard enuff

riviera

Went to the track this weekent to try ouy my new tranny and my 2 step build about 7 lbs let off the break and it leave soft and after 10 15 feet it shoot off like a rocket im not sure were to start looking it a t 62 with what suppose to be a 3200 nl told to me by the last owner but i had to set my 2step to 2600 so it would spin the tires any help would be great

I am a complete novice when it comes to drag racing my GN at the track but wondering if there is a slight mismatch between the boost you left at and the stall rpm on the trans or 2 step. Maybe leave under more boost and rpms to get in the converter sweet spot. Again, very novice here. Good luck. Subscribed to see what the experts say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I would get your converter restalled sound like you r just Alil to tight. I bet a 3500 would have u lifting the drivers side tire . Also before u get it restalled up the 2 step to 3000-3200 get the boost up around 10-12lbs and let her eat

At 3200 that why i broight it down to 2800. Im going to tighten my rear break up some and sww if that helps

okay if you have a looser converter the brakes will not have the same load on them . So with the 2800 the motor isn't getting into the sweet spot before the the trans is grabbing with a looser converter the motor is where it wants to be . I would rather have the problem of brakes not holding them slow 60'

I agree i understand. Its seem to me the it to tight also. Normally anything after what you converta is rated for the tire will start to spin. My car never got to 3200 before the wheel started to spin

So you need the brakes to hold more boost. Leave at more boost, it will be much better.

Did it spin the tires on the launch or it hooked?

What is the A/R of your exhaust housing on your turbo? How are you going to tighten up your rear brakes? With the S10 cylinders and long brake shoes I have held upwards of 13/14 lbs of boost but I bent the crap out of my drivers side backing plate doing it.