The Great Southwestern Dyno Shootout & Mutton Barbeque:

Sheep Happens!

cruzn57 said:
Hey Lou
I saw you at irwindale a few weeks ago, I was with the yellow toyota pick up ( GN powered) I saw you eye'n the sheep skin parka that a lady was wearing, I thought it was kinda funny, but figured to each his own,
now it all makes sense,
also expalins the bumper sticker on your car "GOT SHEEP"

see ya at the dyno store.

you'll have to figure out who I am! ha ha ha ha

cruzn57
You guy's are killing me LOL !

problems

Hey Gary, and guys. If I cant get rid of this darn error code 42, I wont be able to make it. You can check my post in the general buick tech, I've done everything to fix it, but not fixed yet. If any of you know electronics, and would lend a hand, I would be glad to buy you some In&out, and all the beer you can drink :eek: i'm really stumped on this one, and its killing me. Any help would be appreciated, or even some suggestions in the tech section. Thanks guys. You can get me at 818 837 8313. :redface:

1BADDAM said:
I wish I was in the 10's, :biggrin: maybe after some head work and real tires, but thanks for the inspiration Gary.
-----------------------------
You'd think that I would have looked at your sig before putting that to ink, huh? Oops, my bad. Senior hour there.

2nd shift, No Wussin here.

:eek:
Wells said:
Hey, you guys aren't wussing out, are you? Just kidding, Richard, if you have to work, you have to work.
No aint wussed out Yet, just changed to the 2nd shift and on saturday I can come in as late as 6 that is even if I have to work.

IF my car stops popping and backfiring, I will be there, if not, i might miss this event too. :mad:

GNguy said:
IF my car stops popping and backfiring, I will be there, if not, i might miss this event too. :mad:
--------------------------
Jeff:
I totally understand and agree. I don't want to see anybody lose a motor or tranny. If you can run, fine. If you can't run, but want to come and check things out, with or without the car, you are welcome to do that too. I would rather see a smaller participation # than any casualties, especially if people felt that their car was not up to the task.

nordy racer said:
no running for me :( .. The way its going the car will be out the following weekend (hopefully)
-----------------------------------
Mike: Sorry to hear that your car will not be ready in time for the dyno run, but you are welcome to come out and check out the runs.

THE DYNOSTORE said:
Hey Wells...

Whats our numbers looking like for this event :confused:

David

probably a lot less than what was previously posted, GN owners are known for flaking at the last moment.. :(

nordy racer said:
no running for me :( .. The way its going the car will be out the following weekend (hopefully)

Hey Mike if you still want to go hit me up! We might be able to head up there (I doubt Ill be making any pulls though) but I wouldnt mind seeing some of these cars in action! Email me westcoast619@yahoo.com

Victor

code 42

TURBOELKY said:
Hey Gary, and guys. If I cant get rid of this darn error code 42, I wont be able to make it. You can check my post in the general buick tech, I've done everything to fix it, but not fixed yet. If any of you know electronics, and would lend a hand, I would be glad to buy you some In&out, and all the beer you can drink :eek: i'm really stumped on this one, and its killing me. Any help would be appreciated, or even some suggestions in the tech section. Thanks guys. You can get me at 818 837 8313. :redface:
42 is an EST code Check all connections at Module,ECU,translator, mass air sensor, etc swap out module with known good one. Make sure you didn't wire something where you shouldn't of like a stereo for instance, 99% of electrical problems are caused by carelessness & can be hard to diagnose. Check over anything that may of been disturbed or installed thats not factory.

THE DYNOSTORE said:
Hey Wells...
Whats our numbers looking like for this event :confused:
David
Haven't a clue, I would have to guess at about 15, maybe. A lot less than anticipated. I am sure that we will have the minimum of 10, though. It's going to be difficult to feed non-participants and spectators at that quantity, though. I will call you.

turbolou said:
Check over anything that may of been disturbed or installed thats not factory.

HAHAHAHAHAHA thats funny he disturbed Pretty much everything Its a hybrid, GN motor and drivetrain on an el camino body.. :D

wiked87gn said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA thats funny he disturbed Pretty much everything Its a hybrid, GN motor and drivetrain on an el camino body.. :D
Than my question would be has it ever run right & where to start? How was the installation done to begin with.It's been done before & will work as long as its done correctly. I have a lot of respect for anyone that can achieve that. Anyone can buy a running Buick this is more of a challenge. Just like the kid with the Toyota. There's many that have stared at his taillights & wondered what happened? No one should mock someone Else's dreams & ideas.This is where all greatness starts. so play nice !

I'm IN!

I will defenetly be there next saturday.
By the way, i'm new here. But not to Buicks. I hang out at v8buick
I'm running a 70 skylark w/ a 350. Just recently put in a set of heads that had some work done on them. Along with a TA Camshaft, TA manifold and HEI Distri. 2weeks ago i rebuild the carb. so i want to see what kind of power this little 350 is making.
HOpe to meet some you gentleman out there that day. Maybe somebody can give me a ride in a GN. Never been in one of those...

turbolou said:
Than my question would be has it ever run right & where to start? How was the installation done to begin with.It's been done before & will work as long as its done correctly. I have a lot of respect for anyone that can achieve that. Anyone can buy a running Buick this is more of a challenge. Just like the kid with the Toyota. There's many that have stared at his taillights & wondered what happened? No one should mock someone Else's dreams & ideas.This is where all greatness starts. so play nice !

lightened up just trying to make a joke im not laughing at the kid, he did do a nice job on the Elco. :)

wiked87gn said:
lightened up just trying to make a joke im not laughing at the kid, he did do a nice job on the Elco. :)
Damn, Kevin, fooled me too, I thought that you were laughing at Lou. Good thing that you explained that. I guess that I just looked at it wrong.