The Great Southwestern Dyno Shootout & Mutton Barbeque:

Squid4life said:
I will be there for at least three years. I will be looking forward to any kind of gathering, whether it be at the race track, car show, cruise-in, or lending a wrench. I am kind of addicted to 1/4 mile now, after going for the first time (in this car) this month. Got a 12.84 @ a slow 106 on 18#. I just ordered Razors alky kit and an alky chip from Eric. Oh, and in case you guys didn't see my "Am I crazy thread"... I will be driving this car from Kansas, to Florida, then to San Diego. Pray for me. :D
This good news! reinforcements are headed their way. San Diego group can use a guy with
these qualifications. LOL

turbolou said:
This good news! reinforcements are headed their way. San Diego group can use a guy with
these qualifications. LOL

What quals are those, a few screws loose? :biggrin: My wife is always laughing at my idea of a street car, or what I am doing with this car. I told her for the long drive I needed to quiet down the exhaust so instead of the 3.5" single shot with a race bullet muffler, I had the shop neck it down to 3" over the axle. (now it resonates more...) :redface:

Good thing I will have alky for the trip, I may get bored along the way. (mental note: pack light so I can fit the spare rims with ET streets in the trunk...)

I agree Pensacola might as well be Alabama. My sister is in JAX. Hit us up when you arrive is S.D...

Ok, we're down to 2 weeks to today and counting. At least I am counting. Do we have any casualties yet? If any of you cats that signed up are having second thoughts regardless of reason, or suspect that you can't make it, please post up so that we as a group and The Dyno Store has some type of idea as to how many are going to be there. I am really looking forward to this. I think that I am going to run at 20 lbs boost, straight 100 octane V.P. unleaded in the tank. I put the spurs to it this a.m. on the way to DD & only had about 16 lbs of boost. However, I didn't see any KR at all, nada, zilch, It's a good feeling when you look at the Sm and don't see any KR registering So I think that I set it a little higher. We'll see. As far as I know, spectators are welcome out at the Dyno shoot, but I am going to check with David and find out for sure. Also, I don't know how they are going to do the barbeque as far as whether any extra people are allowed to buy food if there is any extra.

Hey kids...

We just finished up a huge Mustang day.. 25 cars in 7 hours :eek:

We do not have a problem with spectators if you all dont.. This is your day.

We do not charge for food, it is free. However, we try to discurage the free loaders who only show up for it and to put their 2 cents in when they are not even spending a dime..

David

ok

i'm ready now. I got the fuel issue fixed, all the bolt on's bolted on, no knock at 17-20 psi, pump gas, I feel the car as if an extra engine was bolted on :D
i'm ready to play on the dyno, I cant wait again. I plan on bringing my brother if he's able to come with, but 2 friends for sure want to come who are die'n to get a gn. Cool guys, if they have to pay for the bbq, i'm sure they wont mind, if the dyno store dont mind or you others. By the way dyno store guys, what was the peak hp and tq on the dis-gustangs? i'm sure were all wanting to know that, and see which club brings more to the table ;) hurry up saturday and get here!!!!!! :mad:

I believe the highest Pony was around 375-400 HP. I dont recall the Tq.. To many FN cars to remember them all... :confused:

David

THE DYNOSTORE said:
Hey kids...

We do not charge for food, it is free. However, we try to discurage the free loaders who only show up for it and to put their 2 cents in when they are not even spending a dime..

David

Wow! I thought I'd show up to watch the cars and support Buick get togethers even though I wouldn't be running the car on the dyno. But if I'm going to be considered a 'free loader' then I guess I'll skip it. Pretty bad image of Dyno Store if you ask me, they are making $600-$1800 from our board members, and they are worried about a few $2 hamburgers :mad:

smokin'6 said:
Wow! I thought I'd show up to watch the cars and support Buick get togethers even though I wouldn't be running the car on the dyno. But if I'm going to be considered a 'free loader' then I guess I'll skip it. Pretty bad image of Dyno Store if you ask me, they are making $600-$1800 from our board members, and they are worried about a few $2 hamburgers :mad:

I think they meant freeloaders as in bums or other people who have nothing to do with this get together, jef you are buick owner you are welcome to come anytime, when Bob and I did our get together we had top quality food and freeloaders were welcome too, we had enough food left over to feed everyone all over again this was good mexican cattered food, not just burgers. :)

wiked.

Yep, I was just thinking of the get together at Bobs, all that food and he didn't make 1 cent. Great guy.. great time, look forward to next time.

Hey smokin 6

get yer butt on down there !
you trying to get out of going?
lame excuse if you ask me, I'll buy you a .99 burger from mickey dee;s
if thats the reason your trying to wuss out,
heck, I'm going just to see what that old pervert Wells has to say,
come on, bring that antique buick on down, and meet and greet the rest of us sickos, who else would pour money into a 25 yr old grampa's car?

see you there! OK?

cruzn57

smokin'6 said:

It scares me to see how people perceive life... Are you one of those "everybody hates me" types???? ;)

We were referring to the people who follow threads looking for events to simply crash at for the day. Not Buick club member’s whishing to hang with their fellow friends. Yes, we do bend over backward to please the clubs, however, we run a business and bottom line is everything. This will be our 26th event in less than 1 year. So safe to say we have seen all types of clubs and the groups that follow them. Please excuse me for trying to make this day dedicated to you guys and ensuring that your paying club members are taken care of first.

WAAAAAA... You sure talk alot of **** for a start up company trying to bring in buisiness... with your attitude (on previous posts) I don't think you will be around too long. I actually voted for the Dyno Store when this whole thing started, and I refer alot of people to Jeff Price, your partner for TR work, but if this is your attitute towards customers, the referals won't be going out again. Remeber, the TR community is a close one, and service providers with attitudes get a bad rep quickly, just ask some who've been there. This attitude of 'we are doing you a favor' from companies is getting old, FAST

Im just curious why lou always seems to speak of us s.d. guys as if he dislikes us or has something against us? or am I missing something? inside joke maybe????lmk

smokin'6 said:
WAAAAAA... You sure talk alot of **** for a start up company trying to bring in buisiness... with your attitude (on previous posts) I don't think you will be around too long.

Your a sad and angry individual.. :(

no not really,im just trying to understand...if Im missing something then please by all means let me know,it is just a question not an attack by any means...

carrddine said:
no not really,im just trying to understand...if Im missing something then please by all means let me know,it is just a question not an attack by any means...

Who are you addressing?