The Great Southwestern Dyno Shootout & Mutton Barbeque:

I thought you were responding to my post earlier if so then I was talking to you,if not then nevermind....

I was addressing you if you were responding to my post but I figured it out...I chimed in at the wrong time..my bad sorry...its all good..

Hey Kevin- try to post a pic of the EGR cap I machined you today, when u pick it up tomorrow. I'm kinda happy with the turbo 6 style design and wanna show it off. :D Dont scratch it. Its not anodized, so itll scratch really easy. :cool: If people end up wanting one, Im going to try and sneak them in with the official work parts that will be going off to Ano.

I am at a loss for words on this. I asked David at The DynoStore to say a few words regarding their policy towards people not signed up for the dyno run itself. I felt that he expressed their policy pretty well. And he advised that the bottom line was it is our event and he just wanted to make sure that we get our money's worth and have a great time. I wish that if anybody had a problem with their statement they would have contacted me first rather than having words with The DynoStore. we haven't even tried their services yet and already they are getting beat up. I personally feel that the DynoStore deserves a better "Rap" that they are getting here.
Jeff: You and Sandy are always welcome at any event that we have, paying or not.
Please look at the DynoStore's position in this. It is somewhat different that Bob's. Bob & Kevin did that for the hell of it. The DynoStore is a business and must be run as one. Let's not spoil this before we have a chance to get to bat. Hopefully everybody can put this behind them and move on.

smokin'6 said:
Yep, I was just thinking of the get together at Bobs, all that food and he didn't make 1 cent. Great guy.. great time, look forward to next time.

neither did I and i paid for half of it ;).

Yes, Kevin, and we will forever be in debt to you and Bob for that. It was a great time by all. However, that and the dyno shoot coming up are 2 different animals. One was for the hell of it, and the other is a business that makes a business out of dyno runs and group fun. I think that we need to give the Dyno Store a chance.

Wells said:
Yes, Kevin, and we will forever be in debt to you and Bob for that. It was a great time by all. However, that and the dyno shoot coming up are 2 different animals. One was for the hell of it, and the other is a business that makes a business out of dyno runs and group fun. I think that we need to give the Dyno Store a chance.

Yes I totally agree with you.

carrddine said:
Im just curious why lou always seems to speak of us s.d. guys as if he dislikes us or has something against us? or am I missing something? inside joke maybe????lmk
Yes it's an inside joke. Actually some of the best people I know are from San Diego & what I enjoy the most is thier sense of humour & good nature.This goes back to the old Carlsbad days which I miss.Itwasn't a great track but I have alot of good memories.By the way my car was the first & only 8 second Buick to ever run down there.

turbolou said:
Yes it's an inside joke. Actually some of the best people I know are from San Diego & what I enjoy the most is thier sense of humour & good nature.This goes back to the old Carlsbad days which I miss.Itwasn't a great track but I have alot of good memories.By the way my car was the first & only 8 second Buick to ever run down there.
----------------------------
Any 8 sec run made by Lou Czarnota was him streaking down the track chasing sheep.

Thanks for clearing that up for me lou,I was just curious about it...as I am about the sheep????

carrddine said:
Thanks for clearing that up for me lou,I was just curious about it...as I am about the sheep????
Well years ago when I was in college & lonely I happen to pass by this farm & there were some sheep enclosed in this fenced area. One of them gave me this certain flirtatious look. I also noticed that she seemed to be stuck to the fence. So as I was trying to help her off she kept backing into me. Meanwhile the farmer happen to see this & called the cops. I was then arrested & charged with molestation of an under aged animal. It was all a big misunderstanding but unfortunatly word leaked out by Neal Stewart in the the San Diego Buick community & now I'm marked for life.Plus a permanent restraining order stateing that I must stay at least 500 ft. from any sheep was issued. So there you have my sad story.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!

Hey Lou
I saw you at irwindale a few weeks ago, I was with the yellow toyota pick up ( GN powered) I saw you eye'n the sheep skin parka that a lady was wearing, I thought it was kinda funny, but figured to each his own,
now it all makes sense,
also expalins the bumper sticker on your car "GOT SHEEP"

see ya at the dyno store.

you'll have to figure out who I am! ha ha ha ha

cruzn57

I will be there

Just orderd my new mini starter and even if I have to work I should still be able to attend. I am hoping all of the San Diego Guys will go I know of at least 3 who really want to go.

Hey, you guys aren't wussing out, are you? Just kidding, Richard, if you have to work, you have to work.

TURBOELKY said:
its if you have to work, you have to call in SICK! :eek:
I would not miss this for the world. Going to be some really nice cars there. Elco's too, Jeremy. And 2 Turbo Trans Ams, '89's. One virtually bone stock, one a 10 sec car. And Lou Czarnota might be bringing his Baa Baa Black Sheep Buick. Lou told me that he probably won't run, though. That means that he doesn't want anybody to see how much SP(sheeppower) & TQ his sheepmobile makes. Looking forward to seeing you there, Jeremy.

Wells said:
And 2 Turbo Trans Ams, '89's. One virtually bone stock, one a 10 sec car.

I wish I was in the 10's, :biggrin: maybe after some head work and real tires, but thanks for the inspiration Gary.