The Great Southwestern Dyno Shootout & Mutton Barbeque:

fyi

just to put out there. I'm sure some of you have seen my post for sale, 3.8 factory 109 replacement engine, if any of you are interested. I'm 10 miles east of the dynostore, you can check it out after. Sorry Gary, didnt mean to hijack, just incase the locals are in need. :cool:

Sorry guys but I just found out yesterday I will have to work this Sat. so Im not going to be able to make it out to this event :mad: .....

I'm sorry i cant come ethier, i guess i am just going to keep my 11's capable sorry azz car at home since i cant hang with all the fast cars. :( hope you all have some fun and dont break anything.

Victor & Kevin:
Sorry to hear that you guys can't make it. We'll see if we can manage to have some fun without you two.

Well I never !!!!!!!!!

I WILL BRING MY 7 SECOND STOCK WE4, AND I WILL DYNO IT!,

you guys will just have to hear about it from me, I'll tell you all about how it makes tons of horsepower,
your loss!

suffer.................

must be those fiber pills that make me so full of gas, ( and other acompanying items)

wish you all were attending, I'd like to put a face to some of the BS you guys have been slinging,
ME??? I never told a lie in my life!

really looking forward to this.

I have a stuffed toy sheep I could bring if it'd make someone happy?

well I need to take some happy pills,

cruzn57

humm

so how many does that leave dyno'n? I dont want to pay more than that 60 bucks, 4 days and counting, we'll see how many more drop out. I will be calling sick to work, thank the union for sick days :wink: so how many Gary?
Dont make me have to pull the 81 t/c regal out to dyno, it may make over the factory rated 175 hp :D and I was on the way home today, and saw a nice gn w/ gnx style rims, is that a member, young hispanic guy. Very clean car?? it was off of hubbard or something like that st.

Wells said:
-------------------------------------
Jeff; Not a problem. Looking forward to seeing you. I will assume that you don't want the barbeque, so I won't put you down (no pun intended) for having one. Let me know if that's incorrect.
----------------------------------
You know, you can tell that all of you guys are really hard core turbo Buick racers, cause not a darn one of you guys can muster up a car that runs. I will say something for wusses like me, my car runs. Not very fast, but it runs. I really don't think that I could put myself through what you guys go through to keep these cars running fast, or anywhere close to it. See you there.
Gary,
Put me down for the barbeque.
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Rand said:
Gary,
Put me down for the barbeque.
Thanks,
Jeff

Gary Dad was planning on driving the gray car down to the BBQ but I was tuning on it and it popped the head gasket.

Leave it to the kid to blow up Dads car :biggrin:

We will try to be there. Dont know if I am going yet or not.

Cruzn57: (Lee): Glad to hear that you are still on the agenda. See you there.

Turboelky: (Jeremy): Don't worry, we only need 5 cars to get the $60 per car dyno, but we might have to ante up $ 5 each for the barbeque plate as we need 10 dyno cars to get the free (included with dyno) barbeque. See you there, too.

Jeff Rand: (Jeff Rand): Ok, see you there.

Reggie West: (Reggie): Sorry to hear that, so does that mean that the 3 of you guys, you, your dad, & Rick may not make it? You guys probably have nothing better to do than put on aprons & play Suzie homemaker & honey do.

SYTECH Will Be There

Gary,

Put me down for the DYNO list plus (1) spectator lunch

I drove the GN 154 miles yesterday (San Clemente, Compton, Fontana, Lake Elsinore, Orange) and it was running fine so i may as well temp the fate of the "ol mighty head gasket gods" and give it a shot on the dyno

I am still playing with the FAST tuning (after installing the Alky system)(never ending) but it should be OK for a baseline pull on the new engine rebuild at the least

See you all there on saturday morning

Later

Ray

Put me down for the BBQ and 1 extra lunch for a guest.

So if i get it right, show up saturday @ 8am, first come first serve?

This is gunna be faq'ing tight! I think we are going to double or triple the HP and TQ numbers of those girly rustangs. If DYNOSTORE handles everything right and all goes smooth, there will definitly be bigger and better events soon! See you all there!

Ray & Mark:
Thanks for the support & signing up for the dyno. This should go ok now. I am really looking forward to seeing everybody and dynoing the turbo brick. It doesn't get a lot better than this. The Dynostore opens at 8:00 A.M. 1st come, 1st serve (1st to dyno). However, it would not suprise me to have a line forming early. However, there will be plenty of time with only 11 or so cars to dyno. Unless mine shrapnels, and we spend time picking up car and body parts. J/K. That slot had better not let me down. I am not expecting big #'s, so it had better stay in one piece. (Knock on wood).

Something else to consider. Also home to Chatsworth is California Car Cover Co., located at 9525 DeSoto Ave, Chatsworth, 91311. They have a small store, but quite a few items on display/for sale. Might be worth your time to stop in and browse. I am planning on stopping by after the dyno shoot, but we'll see how my time goes. I do not know how late they are open on Sat's.

times

so 8am to? till were done? do we have to leave right after the last car dyno;s? and if we do have to leave shortly after, i'm sure the people who drive over 100miles would probably like to hang out more than a few hours. There are some nice places to hang in chatsworth, we can go crowd the parking lot of the performance automotive warehouse? :D i'm sure they wont mind, or find a park, or pack my alley with turbo regals :eek:

Jeremy:
I am sure that they will not throw us out the first minute that we are off of the dyno. On the other hand, I am also sure that they are not going to let us hang till last call at the local bars, either. Somewhere in between. All and any of the other places that you mentioned sound good. I am sure that we will hear from David.

Reggie West: (Reggie): Sorry to hear that, so does that mean that the 3 of you guys, you, your dad, & Rick may not make it? You guys probably have nothing better to do than put on aprons & play Suzie homemaker & honey do.

I know my Dad and Rick will be there for sure.

I may be there if I dont have to work.

The only aprons I have is for work on cars.

Wells said:
Ray & Mark:
Thanks for the support & signing up for the dyno. This should go ok now. I am really looking forward to seeing everybody and dynoing the turbo brick. It doesn't get a lot better than this. The Dynostore opens at 8:00 A.M. 1st come, 1st serve (1st to dyno). However, it would not suprise me to have a line forming early. However, there will be plenty of time with only 11 or so cars to dyno. Unless mine shrapnels, and we spend time picking up car and body parts. J/K. That slot had better not let me down. I am not expecting big #'s, so it had better stay in one piece. (Knock on wood).

Something else to consider. Also home to Chatsworth is California Car Cover Co., located at 9525 DeSoto Ave, Chatsworth, 91311. They have a small store, but quite a few items on display/for sale. Might be worth your time to stop in and browse. I am planning on stopping by after the dyno shoot, but we'll see how my time goes. I do not know how late they are open on Sat's.
Gary,
Performance Automotive Warehouse (PAW) is also located just off DeSoto on Nordhoff a few miles south of the dyno location. They have some top fuel cars as well as some other HP cars in the show room.
Jeff

Reggie: J/K, hope to see you there along with Rick & your dad.

Jeff: Ok, thanks, that sounds interesting enough. I am sure that we will enjoy this outing.

Yea, me too, but I hear rumors that a 1st offense 502 is up to about 5K now. That, and I think that your insurance carrier is allowed to beat you to death for about 10 years. They have raised the ante.
I can't say this officially, cause I know that there will be some hubbies & wifies there, but didn't The DynoStore unofficially say that what they don't see, don't hurt. The drinking man's version of "Don't ask, don't tell". Too bad that we are not dynoing Luke's (Robert Mitchum's) '49-'50 Ford out of "Thunder Road" with the 40 or so gal tank in the trunk. Always a good idea to pack an ice cooler these days. Putting it right over the rear end might help keep the pumpkin cooler.

Boy, if anybody can kill off a thread suddenly, it's got to be me, I think that I hold the record for it.