You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Here is a pic that I just took of the black steering wheel. I have a "Grand National" emblem that is stuck on over a red "T" emblem on the horn button now.

Hope this helps!
John

P.S. Dennis- I just put on your console top trim and I love it!- It made my console 100% better!

Attachments

• steering_wheel.jpg
    steering_wheel.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 130
Here is a pic that I just took of the black steering wheel. I have a "Grand National" emblem that is stuck on over a red "T" emblem on the horn button now.

Hope this helps!
John

kirban 2 cents worth

first the horn center is our product from many years ago. Because of GM licensing issues we no longer seller it but it has been copied by others. But we originated it.

from what I can tell your wheel is thinner that a later style leather wrapped one. You either have one someone unwrapped or an earlier style wheel. My hunch first hunch is its a wheel that has had the leather skin removed since it does not appear to be a deep black in color.

that is my guess

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Keep in mind with so many T-Type models offered during the 1984-1987 time span the wheel could have come from any one of them.

Thank you for your info Dennis!

Am I correct in understanding your earlier post- That a red "T" steering wheel emblem is correct for an early 1987-built GN is correct?

Thanks!

John

Thank you for your info Dennis!

Am I correct in understanding your earlier post- That a red "T" steering wheel emblem is correct for an early 1987-built GN is correct?

Thanks!

John

The red T was the correct center cap medallion for the 1987 Turbo-T models. In 1986 the Ts were called T-Types and the emblem read T-Type. All the GNs had the grey and black tri-shield design never had a power six or logo that you currently have. Most of the other T-Type Buick models eg. skyhawk etc had a color version of the tri-shield. All the plastic horn medallions are the same size and would be interchangable.

It is interesting since GM made so many GNs compared to T-Types and Turbo-Ts that they didn't spend a few bucks and make a power six style emblem for the horn center...heck they did it on the headrests....The grey and black tri-shield is not very eye catching. Again just my opinion.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Calling it quits for tonite....

Spi

Here is my 86 tt-type! not the best picture

Attachments

• bowling green 040.jpg
    bowling green 040.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 119
kirban 2 cents worth

On the above trunk ID label. You have one of the rare ones for 1986 WH1 cars. Although they did also offer Designers Accent paint combos the WH1 was a great color combo and included a rear spoiler as part of the package. In two tone paint schemes this is probably the most recognized among turbo regal owners.

It was $403 option as opposed to the Designers accent paint scheme which was only $205 more. My guess is part of the price difference was because of the spoiler being part of the WH1 package.

You got the VD6 and VD7 lite weight aluminum bumper braces which is a good thing. Lite weight & don't rust. No factory posi (G80) bummer.

Here is one thing that is unusual and I betcha it has been changed!

Your radio code shows up as U63!! A no cost standard feature. Not sure if you still have that radio or previous owner does but that is one tough radio to find today. Granted AM is not popular but that is what makes it rare. You have no concert sound, fixed antenna from what I can tell.

You got power door locks AU3 and power trunk release A90, you got B88 black body side moldings (stick on), you got buckets with power drivers seat.

They are the main points as I have noted. So, the car is fairly well optioned so it does seem "strange" that whoever ordered it new, would not have stepped up to one of the 5 optional radios that year unless they planned to drop in an aftermarket unit.

A dealer ordered car I am confident would have had a optional radio as that means more profit. As noted before your label unless it has been removed is the older style with the lamination over it making it hard to read.

Keep them coming

kirbanperformance.com

denniskrban@yahoo.com

I enjoy it.........

New trivia question coming soon

Ive been looking for a Am radio that would of come in the car! I have changed the rear end to posi also.The car gets alot of attention ,alot of people comment on power locks but crank windows.

car

I bought the car in 1998 from original owners son,he put in a after market radio so i didnt realize it came with a Am radio..The guys had passed away a couple months before i bought it,he was retired GM white collar worker.His father and his friend all had turbo cars. It was in stock condition when i bought it

kirban 2 cents worth

Your rite power locks no power windows, normally with that combo someone would have opted for the factory theft deterrant as power door locks is needed for that option. However, your car does not have the factory theft deterrant option.

As for crank windows consider your self fortunate, power windows seem to rattle more and although an option their slow format is not one worth bothering with. Member this is my opinion My car has crank windows also.

On a side note the very first T-Types in the Regal came out in 1983 and that T-Type emblem the T was straight up and down. Very rare to find that emblem today. Only used that one year.

Another unusual T-Type emblem can be found on a certian year Century they made it all one line emblem attached century T-Type. This emblem was 9 inches long!

Buick may have others in that format but I have one of these in my collection reason I know Century had it.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Post your trunk ID label & photo of your car be happy to comment on it.

kirban 2 cents worth

....Your radio code shows up as U63!! A no cost standard feature. Not sure if you still have that radio or previous owner does but that is one tough radio to find today. Granted AM is not popular but that is what makes it rare. ....

I picked up this AM radio at a swap meet recently. Just wondering... could it be a U63 radio? Paul

Attachments

• AMradio.jpg
    AMradio.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 200
so ,if i didn't miss someones post,theres three cars tied for the lowest # of codes (me,Donnie,Dennis)?
Dennis,is your car blue/blue with a bench seat?? FYI ,the DOE (dept of energy)also had five more cars that didn't receive any mods...........

kirban 2 cents worth

To answer the above on the am radio. I know for sure according to the dealer photo in 1986 it was a analog dial reading across not a digital display s shown above. I am 99% certain the 1987 bare bones T I had had the analog number am radio rather than the digital read out. Most am radios probably went into the cheaper Buick models during this time period. They could have used both depending on supply since it was standard at no cost.

So, based on my opinion the analog version would be rarer to see in any Turbo Regal.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Fact: When the Yugo hit our shores 1986-1987 the speedo in those cars read higher than the 85 mph shown in our Turbo Regals.

In Yugos advertisement for their convertible model they promoted it as being easier to operate over a Porsche convertible top. Got to give the ad department credit for even thinking a potential Porsche buyer would even think about buying a Yugo. True fact. No I am not an expert on Yugos either.

so ,if i didn't miss someones post,theres three cars tied for the lowest # of codes (me,Donnie,Dennis)?
Dennis,is your car blue/blue with a bench seat?? FYI ,the DOE (dept of energy)also had five more cars that didn't receive any mods...........

kirban 2 cents worth

That game is still an open field need a car with a label to show under 52 codes and one to show over 98 codes. Prize to the first one I see for either count and I can determine its a real deal.

Game clock on this contest is still ticking.....

My car has tan gut bucket seats console white outside. No matter what seat option the car would have would not affect amount of numbers. What would affect amount of numbers is less options like no tilt, no cruise, no body side molding. One reason something under 52 codes is out there.

With the traffic looking at this thread I would think something would surface.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

next contest coming....

kirban 2 cents worth

Buick suppliers/employees not eligible but can send me a private message with their guesses.

Next contest, first correct answer wins the prize. Pay close attention to the clues:

The answer to this has a mininum of 5 total.

I am aware of 5 different Buick models..

If there is more than we all learn something.

Between 1983 models and 1987 models of Buick, the power six or turbo emblem in different variations appeared on the OUTSIDE ONLY on what Buick car models?

Keep in mind its the basic power six emblem also referred to as the turbo emblem. Colors, shapes, wording, can be different.

Obviousily one is the 1984-1987 Grand National badges. Give me 4 others:

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Never out of ideas, problem is finding my notes to verify stuff.....

-'83 Riviera T-Type (grille badge)
-'83 Regal T-Type (6 logo on fender)
-'86 LeSabre GN
-'86 Century Gran Sport

kirban 2 cents worth

You are the winner, fortunately I did not ask for the location of the emblems as I am not exactly sure on the Riv. I know since I have one of the Riv turbocharged emblems it went on the front fender and had a smaller one on the dash.

I think the one in the grille if anything may have said T-Type. I am not implying you are wrong, but raising the possibilty.

I have a 1983 brochure showing all 5 T-Type models but not a good shot of the grill on the Riv.

By the way it was this first year that had the small uprite T in TType The T was always red at least the first T in T Type.

Good job....

send me pm denniskirban@yahoo.com with your name & address so I can ups your prize.

new contest coming soon....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

plenty of ideas a matter of finding notes to verify.

kirban 2 cents worth

Next trivia contest....hope this is not guessed so quickly. Past winners not eligible nor are Turbo Buick suppliers/employees.

Your answer has to agree with mine.

Here Goes:

Referring to the 1986-1987 Turbo Regals

Give me two interior items that sometimes got overlooked when the car was prepped at the dealership that should have been removed prior to delivery to the initial owner. One of these items may not have appeared on every Turbo Regal (1986-1987)

By overlooked, I mean you can still find them on the certain 1986-1987 Turbo Regals today. I have a lot of experience with this. You need to hit on the two answers I know.

Clock is ticking

First correct answer gets a prize....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskrban@yahoo.com

Back