You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
ash tray sticker on rear of front seat, plastic coating on the cluster bezels??

ash tray sticker on rear of front seat, plastic coating on the cluster bezels??

kirban 2 cents worth

Your rite....I gotta come up with tougher questions and see I can hit ones that can't be found on the internet.

send me pm to denniskirban@yahoo.com with your address/name etc to send you a free Buick gift.

Amazing how many cars today still have the clear over the dash cluster. Problem is in many cases you go to peel it today and it breaks making it a tedious task.

The label on the ashtray we have reproduced. Its amazing that this label did not get overlooked more at prep time, since it is behind the seat.

On a similar topic, the console shifter indicator, the ones you see with the D in teal/green color are not factory. We produced them many years ago, and I wanted to add a little color to the indicator. So, any you see with that teal/green D is a repro from kirbans.

Have to work on another question only tougher.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Trying to stump the readers....

kirban 2 cents worth

No prize for this quickee question.

When I say England what comes to mind related to the 1986 and 1987 Turbo Regals?

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

This is an easy question....

no internet (research) here:) those answers are off the top of my head:eek: ...... pm sent...

kirban 2 cents worth

Earlier we covered the 1987 seat options. I found this related to the 1986 so before I lose it I will mention it here. For whatever reason the Lear Siegler seat option was dropped prior to the 1986 model year. I have a copy of the product information sheet dated 5-12-86 stating they will not be available for the 1986 model year.

This seat option was also available on other Buick models according to this sheet as it was dropped from the Somerset and Century models as well. Perhaps because of lack of demand? Just guess.

It's ashame as the seats were really comfortable and fit you like a glove. Tey had their shortcomings because some of the internals would wear through the cloth bolster areas.

Interesting enough they are listed in my 1986 price guide as option AQ9. More proof brochures etc get prited way before cars roll out of the plant. The price was $600 compared to $195 for your cloth buckets.

When I was researching my Guide Book I was told one T-Type Regal got a set of these seats. If true, somewhere someone has this car possibly and the code AQ9 would verify it as would the window s ticker if they had it and the seat cushion broadcast paper.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Making owners think, so far so good..

Got a question for you guys in what state was the most GN's sold in,even more to the point what dealership sold the most GN's? No prize i meet the salesman who claimed he sold the most,he might have been full of it though?

Got a question for you guys in what state was the most GN's sold in,even more to the point what dealership sold the most GN's? No prize i meet the salesman who claimed he sold the most,he might have been full of it though?

kirban 2 cents worth

I think that answer would be very tough to nail down correctly. From what I understand distribution was based on where regular Regals were being sold.

So, the northeast part of the country (my area) seemed to get a high number originally....to the point where when they were new I could see several every day in my travels.

Florida for example except for certain "pockets" being they are black would not be a big seller. Your softer colors in the heat would be more popular. Same goes for the southwest.

I know certain dealers really pushed them when they were new. When I bought mine new in Sep 87 dealer had several to choose from.

Again just my thoughts on the question posted.

Kind of like motor homes and trailers.....go to Florida and they are all over, up north not as common.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Owned one when they were brand new...and quite a few after that.

When I say England...

Good Evening Dennis & Fellow Turbo Buick Regal Enthusiasts:

Hmmmm...I know this one Dennis as I was looking at this part late last night discussing date codes with a friend... it would be the original readiator cap that says Made In England on it! Many cars now as you knwo have the late Delco Made in USA cap which isn't correct! Great questions! :biggrin:

Regards,
Jason

kirban 2 cents worth

Your rite.....however since you are coming to our open house next week remind me save me sending you a gift....

The radiator cap does indeed say made in england.....weird huh?

Just when you thought you knew everything about your turbo regal. I am referring to the readers of this thread..

Jason by the way is the current record holder at 98 codes on his well optioned turbo-t limited.

Still seeking someone with under 52 and over 98 codes...

new trivia question coming shortly.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Making owners think...........

kirban 2 cents worth

Last question of the nite:

Not eligible past winners, or members connected to the turbo regal business.

Concerns trunk ID codes:

The trunk ID code for the Grand Nationals is WE2.

That code also refers to another Buick option on a completely different Buick model also in 1987. What model?

A prize to the first correct answer that matches my answer (just in case by some dumb luck Buick did this more than once).

the clock is ticking

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

With the above question you can now see how confusing codes can be. Codes can mean different things on different models. I can see keeping FE2 and FE3 the same since its a suspension code but a code signifying a Grand National you would think would not refer to something else during the same time frame.

One reason some of us know a lot about these cars but nobody knows everything about these cars.

Like to see more trunk ID labels posted to see what is out there.

Happy Easter....

Would the Am radio for this car be a digital style:confused:

According to the Buick "Big Book" for 86-87, the AM radio for both years would have been the analog style. It's the 1st one in the set.

Attachments

• radio.jpg
    radio.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 172
According to the Buick "Big Book" for 86-87, the AM radio for both years would have been the analog style. It's the 1st one in the set.

kirban 2 cents worth

So, I was right....I knew 1986 was and I had a photo of the radio that was in my car that had it, but I could not find the photo. Primitive radio by todays standards,

Appreciate the follow though...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

AM radio might as well have the delete plate!

kirban 2 cents worth

Last question of the nite:

Not eligible past winners, or members connected to the turbo regal business.

Concerns trunk ID codes:

The trunk ID code for the Grand Nationals is WE2.

That code also refers to another Buick option on a completely different Buick model also in 1987. What model?

A prize to the first correct answer that matches my answer (just in case by some dumb luck Buick did this more than once).

the clock is ticking

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

With the above question you can now see how confusing codes can be. Codes can mean different things on different models. I can see keeping FE2 and FE3 the same since its a suspension code but a code signifying a Grand National you would think would not refer to something else during the same time frame.

One reason some of us know a lot about these cars but nobody knows everything about these cars.

Like to see more trunk ID labels posted to see what is out there.

Happy Easter....

1987 Buick Le Sabre T-Type

The answer to my ??????????'s is. Right here in good old frozen tundra Michigan.What was happening according to this,i will leave, unnamed salesman. As you all know that Buick world headquarters was in Flint,Mi. And the distrubution director was getting his pocket greased, by this now closed dealership! So any and all Gn's that were not allocated went to this dealership. They were getting well over sticker price for them.This is his story not mine,but he is a very reliable person so i have found out. Just retiring he must be near 80!!

Dennis,My bad car DOES have VD6,VD7 on the spid missed it last nite.But none the less low options 78 to be exact.Gonna try to be out your way next weekend....

1987 Buick Le Sabre T-Type

kirban 2 cents worh

We got a winner! You are correct. Now those that have been reading this thread which is about the size of a small book are starting to understand how codes can mean different things to different car models in this case Buicks.

It strikes me strange that Buick would assign the same WE2 code in the same year to the GN package on the Turbo Regals and the new LeSabre T-Type as well.

Makes you wonder in the Corvette world if the ZO6 code applies to some other lesser Chevy in some regard....ZO6 and ZR1 in the Corvette world are like the WE4 and WE2 codes are to us.

For any WE4 owner probably would have been nice instead of the boxed T on the front fender they put a WE4 logo of some sort.

Mr Phone guy send me a pm denniskirban@yahoo.com and we can get your prize out to you ups monday.

I will have another question tonite....

For those of you that are curious the WE2 package on the Lesabre T-Type at least in 1987 was $1,975.00 extra. They also got Y56 code called a T package which has to do with the wheels etc. That was called a "T" package yet the car was called a T-Type.

Going by memory as I had one is they received a very very small emblem in plastic on the outside pillar between the door and 1/4 window. This emblem was maybe one inch long.

Mr Phone guy taking a guess from your name you must have something to do with phones? Are you the guy we see on TV in the verizon commercial in the grey jacket and black rim glasses? kidding....

You guys are doing good thus far.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Making people think.....and having fun doing it....

Back