You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
kirban 2 cents worth

backtracking slightly on the turbo corvair answer I was rite they made them 2 years 1965 and 1966. Pumped out 180 hp out of 164 cubic inches.

Saw one quarter mile time of 13.02 pretty impressive for 1966 for one of Ralph Naders favorite "rides"......Any youngsters reading this may have to ask their Dad to explain the Ralph Nader comment....

In Mr Salvages neighborhood, rust took care of the Corvair population early on!

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

A quick note:

I will not be posting again until Wednsday nite from Bowling Green.

Those that are making the yearly trip, have a safe uneventful ride.

May every meal along the road be good

May no puddles of any liquid be under your vehicle

If you are trailering, always during the first 25-35 miles of travel recheck your straps making sure if you started with 4, you have 4 still holding your car intact.

Remember, every year they make tremendous strides in electronics, and this improvement can be found in law enforcement resulting in clever methods for trapping speeders.

May you never have to use the spare in your Turbo Regal, because only 3 people in the entire Turbo Buick world can reinstall the spare & jack the way GM did it originally. Richard Clark, myself (if given enough time) and probably Mr. Salvage.

T-Type and Turbo-T and 1984-85 GN owners never travel with your center caps on your wheels...Heat can make them come lose, and what heat can't remove thieves can.

Always take 2 sets of car keys with you....I speak from experience.

And finally, the week down there always goes to fast.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Both trivia questions still going strong in my favor...no winners yet....til later

Whenever I think I'm onto a good "one year" candidate, I research it to find out they were 2 year runs, ie.

'87-'88 Chevy Sprint Turbo
'85-'86 Mercury Cougar XR-7
'80-'81 Monte Carlo Turbo
'84-'85 Ford EXP Turbo Coupe
'84-'85 Lincoln Mark VII turbo-diesel

Another clue would probably get us on the right track.

how about a 1980 turbo monte carlo?

kirban 2 cet worth

currently in Kentucky working odff motel PC computer little different from the Macs I use...

answer is wrong good try though I believe they made them 2 years not sure since I am not at home....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

had to get on tonite as I am waaay behind in emails...

Whenever I think I'm onto a good "one year" candidate, I research it to find out they were 2 year runs, ie.

'87-'88 Chevy Sprint Turbo
'85-'86 Mercury Cougar XR-7
'80-'81 Monte Carlo Turbo
'84-'85 Ford EXP Turbo Coupe
'84-'85 Lincoln Mark VII turbo-diesel

Another clue would probably get us on the right track.

kirban 2 cents worth

I may do so probably later this week as I get more time....none of the above is correct...member the longer it takes the mor ein my favor it is as it delays me thinking up the next one.....

working off holiday inn pc machine in kentucky maybe 3 hours out of BG...

kirban 2 cents worth

great effort but still wrong....cruise is an option so that is wrong because it would not appear on every example.

No wire harnesses are included...

If I tell you the answer do I get a prize?

Member can't be that hard both are still on my 77,000 miles Turbo-T....

One of your answers is getting closer though

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

well i know that the cruise control,throttle cable and detent cable has three paper bands on them.

There is a label on the factory black oil filter and on the cat convertor.

i noticed that on a 86 gn there are a few labels on 86's that are not on the 87's

on 86's there is a bar code label on the ignition module and a label on the wiper motor.

I hope that answers these questions as i have looked a few cars today!

well i know that the cruise control,throttle cable and detent cable has three paper bands on them.

There is a label on the factory black oil filter and on the cat convertor.

i noticed that on a 86 gn there are a few labels on 86's that are not on the 87's

on 86's there is a bar code label on the ignition module and a label on the wiper motor.

I hope that answers these questions as i have looked a few cars today!

kirban 2 cents worth

Mr slo gn got to meet you today........

you got the answer its the two detent cables not the cruise as the cruise was an option not found on every example but the other two are..plus they are not wire looms.

the label on the black filter is painted over my guess is you must have asked richard on that one....as that is not commonily known...matter of fact Ihad to ask him as the 700 mile GN I have sitting still has the unique black oil filter on it but no visible label.

Stop by my vendor spot tomorrow will give you a prize....good job...determination....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

hard to get used to PC computer....

kirban 2 cents worth

Been asked about giving another clue on the one year factory turbo car.....

Plus I think we will open it up to anyone can repsond with their answer.....memebr only one guess per post....

I have an actual article on this car so here goes more clues:

Made less than 1,200

was not made in germany-france-italy

before 1995

after 1975

the clock continues to tick on this one.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

see next psot for early impressions of bowling green...

kirban 2 cents worth

Good weather held out this first day although high winds msot of the day. SOme vendors had set up accoridng to Matt who runs the vendor area more vendors are registered this eyar than last.

Good numebr of cars ect are here already. One thing about a naitonal event you get to see a lot of different ideas and how owners make their cars stand out or be different.

What caught my eye?

Really ncie GN elminated the factory fender badges and instead had a set of the Buick motorsport decals on the fenders...looked really ncie and easy to polish/wax around....also a heck of a lot cheaper to buy them.

Pete who works for me had a super super rare item for sale. I am sure it will sell quickly. He had a complete non air system from a 1984-1987 Regal. Every Turbo car had AC but you could have ordered a regualr Regal without it. Not sure if that was true for each year 1984-1987 and I do not have my books with me to verify.

How rare you may ask? I have never ever laid eyes on a system in a car or out of a car....translation: If I have never seen it nor has Richard Clark it is rare. Besides having a smaller heater box under the hood and a different screen section by the cowl, has a different heater control unit above the radio but probably the thing that really grabs your attention is in the small center plastic panel udner the steeering column (we have a small vent) this has two black pull levers that say vent. long cable comes off both to control a vent system in the car probably to let fresh air in.

Trick looking unit.....

Also saw a T-Type or Turbo-T with T rims that the owner had installed the GN center caps on. Looked different again a lot cheaper than using T Type center caps.

Saw one very very loaded Limited half roof cornering lamps lites in the door panels pin strip etc...but did not have an unusual amount of codes.

The hot topic is the TSA class sponsored by ZDDPlus...several cars are already here going for this class.

Many more vendors will be showing up tomorrow.

Several GNXs are already here.....not many cars for sale that I spotted as of yet.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Mr slo gn got to meet you today........

you got the answer its the two detent cables not the cruise as the cruise was an option not found on every example but the other two are..plus they are not wire looms.

the label on the black filter is painted over my guess is you must have asked richard on that one....as that is not commonily known...matter of fact Ihad to ask him as the 700 mile GN I have sitting still has the unique black oil filter on it but no visible label.

Stop by my vendor spot tomorrow will give you a prize....good job...determination....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

hard to get used to PC computer....

when i was looking over a few cars yesterday when me and richard were out i was counting the labels tring to figure out the ones i had missed. he gave me a clue as to there were a couple of stickers that i will not find on any super nice low mile driver cars but they would be on his new 87gm engines and that was all that was said.

i then remembered looking at his engine and remeber seeing the labels on the oil filter and the cat.

when i seen the labels on the cables i then knew those were the one i was missing.

pat broughton

kirban 2 cents worth

weather held out today at Bowling Green, attendance is way up fromt last years event. Did not have much time to walk around, car show portion is tomorrow get to see howmany turbo rgals have the hood shocks installed upside down...did see one car today that had today upside down.

I reall ymiss my Mac computer!\

Still no correct answers on single year turbo car that I am seeking....prize is stil unclaimed....

Open to any past winners and non winners alike...

Not a questions you will get an answer to on the internet.

Still have no spotted any 50 code cars at BG yet. Hardly any cars so for sale. It appears that there wil be 6-7 cars competing this year in the ZDDPlus TSA class...the highest payff being paid is that class.

More and more people are buyign zddplus as they are aware of it mor ethis year than last year.

gotta run track opens at 8 am...and I am not an early riser....

appreciate all the compliments I have gotten in pm

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Been asked about giving another clue on the one year factory turbo car.....

Plus I think we will open it up to anyone can repsond with their answer.....memebr only one guess per post....

I have an actual article on this car so here goes more clues:

Made less than 1,200

was not made in germany-france-italy

before 1995

after 1975

the clock continues to tick on this one.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

see next psot for early impressions of bowling green...
1990 Lotus Carlton
Never offered for sale in US (right-hand drive only)
Straight Six twin turbo w/ ZR1 6 speed trans.

A Wild Guess

1980 Ford SVO McLaren Mustang Turbo. One year only with a $25K price tag:eek:

kirban 2 cents worth

Killing 2 birds with one stone...neither answer above is correct Lotus nor SVO Mustang....

One new minor clue car I am thinking of was marketed in the USA.. Contest is till up and running with no correct answer to mine as of yet!

I seem to have currently stumped the intelligent Buick Turbo Community that read this thread!

Not sure if its all PC computers but this one at the hotel is terrible.

Weather at GS Nats today started out picture perfect until around 3 in the afternoon. Storms that come thru this part of the country don't start out with a gentle drizzle more of a torrential downpour....then it passes sun comes out and 30 minutes later a second ave comes through. I know having been here every year since 1988.

Great attendance this year compared to last....one racer with a turbo regal lost it on the track today and flipped his car several times. Good news is driver walked away from it....reports I heard and perhaps it may be caught on tape by someone.

TSA class had 6 particpating entires not sure how it wil be narrowed down after tech is all done but I don't think it wil be six by race time. Its definately a learning curve for all involved and for thos emaking the necesary decisions.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Got to meet Mr Phone and John Deere today...face to the typed answers...

Back