You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hmmm. I haven't been following too much, but here's my guesses. If they aren't it I have no idea.

82 grand national sport coupe
80 "riviera" turbocharged (the rest of the years were s type or t type)

50 codes on my Turbo T

I just saw your post and knowing my car has few options I just looked at the label. 50, it has 3 rows of 13 and the 4th has 11. I will take a pic and post it soon. Not sure if anyone has dropped below 51.

1988 - Thrifty CSX-T

The 1988 CSX-Ts were built for Thrifty Car Rental. The differences from the previous year were 15x6.5 Shelby wheels, and the colors were mainly white with blue and silver trim. There were 1000 built, again with no options.

1987 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible

Indy 500 Pace CarThis was red, with replicas in other colors. Three pace cars were prepared for the Indy 500 race, with three point seat belts, and an underhood halon fire-extinguisher. The heavy duty alternator and battery supplied power for the special strobe lights and communication system; they used Chrysler 5 spoke wheels and removed the air conditioner to save weight. Chrysler made "sticker" replicas of these cars with the stock Turbo I running gear and eggshell wheels. Lester Dixon has a letter from Michael J Ray, district sales manager for Chrysler Motors, dated April 6 1988, stating that 1,000 1987 pace cars were sold nationwide. There was also a commemorative jacket with the 1987 Chrysler LeBaron pace car logo.

1988 - Thrifty CSX-T

The 1988 CSX-Ts were built for Thrifty Car Rental. The differences from the previous year were 15x6.5 Shelby wheels, and the colors were mainly white with blue and silver trim. There were 1000 built, again with no options.

Don't think so. They made an 87 model too, but with an intercooler.

The CSX-T spec'd out very much like the 87 CSX. What I will do, is talk about the differences. Unfortunately the CSX-T DID NOT have an intercooler. It featured the standard 1988 Dodge 2.2 liter turbo engine with no modifications. Because some intercooled 87 CSXs were sent to Thrifty, they were found to have too much power. Thrifty asked that the cars be de-tuned for the 88 year model.

About this quiz, it must be something very obvious we are all missing. An "under 1200 car run" is a pretty good amount as far as turbo cars go.

I seem to think that I grew up in the "turbo era" of 1976 and up and I've read and still have alot of the old car magazines/brochures, but this is really baffling. Heck, I even subscribed to Turbo magazine since its infancy.

Dennis, we have a smart bunch of guys giving good answers but we're just not able to solve this one at the moment.

kirban 2 cents worth

gotta make this quick as I am at work and way busy today....looking over posts...no one has hit the answer yet that I am seeking!

Wow!

Glad no one has given up yet...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Member one guess per posting!!!!! You cna post as many as you want but I wanna see one per posting....

Don't think so. They made an 87 model too, but with an intercooler.

Grasping at straws:rolleyes: One thing I've learned, there sure were a lot of ulgy crap cars made back then.

What about the:

1988 New Yorker Turbo:eek:

The 1988s were marketed as "New Yorker Turbo" alongside the "new" New Yorker introduced that year.

If you can't tell, I'd love to have a copy of the "100 years of GM" to go with all my other reference material.

1991 Spirit R/T

1,208 Dodge Spirit R/Ts were outfitted with a 224hp/220 Ibs-ft torque Turbo III drivetrain (less the Shelby limited slip differential). R/Ts were capable of sprinting to 60 mph in 6 seconds, covering a quarter-mile in 14.7 seconds, topping out at over 140 mph; the vented four-wheel disc brakes with optional ABS could haul it right back to a stop in a hurry. The combination of balance shafts in the engine, slick-shifting A-568 manual trans with 3.85 final drive, rigid chassis, a long list of luxury options and judicious suspension work, made for a remarkably smooth synthesis of muscle and refinement for around $20,000.

Last guess, for awhile

kirban 2 cents worth

12 is correct as is the locations noted by 38 turbo.....11 in full color and 1 not in color on the hood pad.

Some thoughts as to why the 4 on the center caps overlap differently than the other locations.

As stated earlier Molly did the logo design as well as several others for Buick. Nobody knows for sure but according to Molly someone at Buick also did some similar power six logo and the thinking is somehow that design got into the mix
or perhaps they at one point were not going to go with his design which is the one
that shows up the most.

A little late replying.

Actually there are more than 12 from the factory. . .

Later AJ

1984 Dodge Rampage:

In final model year, a Shelby Rampage was built. There wasn't a lot of time spent in its production so it was essentially a normal 2.2L Rampage, although it was turbo charged (as in the GLHS, given a body kit, and Shelby decals. Only 258 were produced when the Rampage was pulled from production. This was due to poor marketing, coupled with a disinterest in the car/truck body style with the masses. Only one dealership in California was able to get the Shelby Rampage before it was pulled from the assembly line. A concept of a car using the Rampage body was drawn during the final production year. It was titled the Shelby Streetfighter. Two were actually built by Shelby, but they were never sold, with one of them going to the designer of the car. The project was scrapped, along with the Dodge Rampage production

1988 Dodge Shelby turbo-charged Daytona factory race car.

88Daytona007.jpg

Bad pic of my SPI

I just saw your post and knowing my car has few options I just looked at the label. 50, it has 3 rows of 13 and the 4th has 11. I will take a pic and post it soon. Not sure if anyone has dropped below 51.

P1010392.jpg

kirban 2 cents worth

Everyone been busy today......

First order of business....still no winners.....and before we head down every Chrysler car produced none will be the correct answer.

Also, the answer will be a car that 99% of the readers of this forum will be familar with.....so its not some off the wall car model.

54rich wants one of my 100 year GM books.... I only have a few left. Here is the deal you keep all the clues in one post from the clues I have given and a post on all the wrong answers so at least they are on the current age and send me a pm with your address and I will send you a copy.

I will sell 2 other copies and that is all I can sell as I only have a few left and I need them. The book is not the standard 8 1/2 by 11 size its like 14 inches tall so its not easy to ship.

If you are interested in a copy send me a pm and I will tell you the price I want. Again only will sell 2 as I only had 12 available....I bought the last ones from the publisher....I wish I had learned about it sooner.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

1984 Pontiac 2000 (Sunbird) Turbo

kirban 2 cents worth

Although this guess is wrong....here is a quickee trivia question based on the answer given above.

What other GM vehicles used that same dash cluster?

Contest open to any readers except those in the Buick business.

Prize value? Make it $15.....

clock is ticking

I am going by memory on my answer but I am 99% certain I am correct. I think this should be guessed rather quickly.

Back