You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
kirban 2 cents worth

Concerning the Corvair, they are very collectable today, what probably killed the car was Ralph Nadar. When I thought up the question I needed 5 examples to make it more difficult....

New contest coming

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Actually probably the largest Corvair supplier in the country is a customer of ours.....buying zddplus for that market.

kirban 2 cents worth

Back to the recent winner Mr AMCGUY since you won both I wil look into getting a price on that item you wanted a copy of....and will let you know next week. Also since you got to sit out the next trivia contest can you get me a count as to what number contest we are up to? I like to put a number along side each one to kind of track them. No hurry.

So, for the next trivia MR AMC has to sit it out so all yo others have a chance!

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Here goes:

No eligible last winner (Mr AMCGUY) and any Turbo employees.

One answer per posting

Prize value $25

Put Non Buick trivia in heading

Associated or part of almost any performance car you can name ran a dual exhaust system. The "American" method for the most part has always been to run one out one side and one out the other exception being recently Corvettes use a center style exist as does Porsche in some models. Either straight out the back, or angled down in each corner.

Most foreign cars until recently ran duals side by side. Many ingenious methods have been produced. New Lexus is pretty slick flush mounted in the rear panel, some examples from the 1950s Caddy and Corvette had them in the rear bumper.

One American performance car that I am thinking of had a unique exit with their dual exhaust system.

At this point this is the only clue I will give.

What American performance car that I am thinking of had this unique exit for the dual exhaust system?

the clock is ticking

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Looking at lou19 trunk ID label for his 1986 Grand National.

In no particular order you got the lite weight bumper supports VD6 and VD7....interesting enough no VK3 the front license plate bracket. That means in all likelihood your car originally was sold in a state that does not have front license plates....it may be your own state but I can't tell since I do not know where you reside. You got G80 which is the posi,

In 1986 you had 6 radio choices you got the very top of the line UX1 cost $504 back then, also concert sound II UW4 $95 value, US7 power antenna $70 my guess is it is either broken, or has been replaced!

You got the desireable touch climate control C68 did nto offer tis in 1987....so on your heater box it will say C68 instead of C60...

T63 a $16 option the annoying buzzer telling you you left your headlites on, U52 digital dash also a $173 feature. While some find this a desireable option I don;t like it as the dash seems so barren. (My opinion)

B88 is the black body side moldings stick on $60 option. (No door edge guards),
Of the 2 versions of floor mats you got the better ones front and rear B34 and B35, you got both remote mirrors D68 code cost $83, you got the lited visor mirror D64 another $58 spent, you got the usual goodies power windows locks, cruise etc,

That is the basic run down....conclusion a fairly loaded example with expensive options when it was new......My guess probably $17,400 to $17,900 example.
Caspers electronics has had good luck repairing those digital dashes which can be troublesome as they age he can also fix that blinking at 85 mph...

My answers should be pretty dead on as being correct. Thanks for sharing with us.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Dennis, Thanks for all the info......you're on except I think B91 is the door edge guards - they are on the car.

On target with the rest - Antenna does work, too well. C68 is on the box. The car does have a front license plate bracket, added later. I am the third owner in DE, first *two owners were CT.(*See next sentence)

The dash is OK for me, I wish it did incorporate the tach and boost from the analog. There is a story about this car being bought by the CT police but then sold to the first private owner at 71 miles. I can't prove that police story and no police label on dash housing.

The annoying headlight buzzer and twilight sentinel really doesn't make sense to me, why would anyone need both??

kirban 2 cents worth

I had a CT state cop car....one I had and also one someone else had both had a statement on the trunk ID label about speedo not being limited or something to that affect. My car and this other car were 60 VIN numbers apart and both Turbo-Ts.

It would seem strange to me that cops would buy a loaded GN for police work unless it was one that was confiscated in a raid which is possible. twil sentinel triggers the lites to go on automatically the buzzer works independantly off the switch nothing in the books says that you can't have one without the other.

good luck with your car....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The codes that start with the number 6 7,8,9 refer to front left & rite coil springs and rear left and rite coil springs. They are near the end of your label..

non Buick: some Mopars had exhaust that exited in front of the rear wheels- Challengers, i believe.

non Buick: early Vipers had real sidepipe that got hot enough to cause discomfort when exiting the car and caused the rich owners to get headaches from the resonance- which is not a good thing with that kind of clientele.

non Buick: early Vipers had real sidepipe that got hot enough to cause discomfort when exiting the car and caused the rich owners to get headaches from the resonance- which is not a good thing with that kind of clientele.

kirban 2 cents worth

My son had one of these cars I drove it a few times definately not as refined as the corvettes from the same time period.....years ago I had a 1963 split window with factory side pipes...very very rare vette the dash ws never punched out for a radio....weird since a Corvette was a high dollar car you would think it would have a radio am at least.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

got a feeling this contest is gonna end quickly fortunately I already have the next one lined up.

you guys are good....so far just one screw up the ford fairmont question....I need more like that one...

Non Buick

'70 AAR 'Cuda

kirban 2 cents worth

BINGO you are a winner!

Point being you nailed the car I was thinking of even though the above is also correct the challenger was the other version.....I know the ARR Cuda was a one year only...

I had one years ago automatic tri-power holleys I think ugly green is the best way to describe the color same time I had a 440 Cuda....4-speed with what I call rubber like front bumper option....liked that car alot more.

just 2 more vehicles I sold for way way way too cheap by todays standards.

You know the drill send me pm list what yo have won in the past.

New contest will be posted tonite!

It will be another exhaust question I got a call into one of my buddies who is very very well versed in this area as I need to double check something prior to posting the question.,

Mr AMC promises me to total up the number of contests I have run so I can number them.

Appreciate all the participation on this automotive educational thread....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

far from an expert but know enough to score pretty high on the test!

kirban 2 cents worth

Back to the recent winner Mr AMCGUY since you won both I wil look into getting a price on that item you wanted a copy of....and will let you know next week. Also since you got to sit out the next trivia contest can you get me a count as to what number contest we are up to? I like to put a number along side each one to kind of track them. No hurry.

So, for the next trivia MR AMC has to sit it out so all yo others have a chance!

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Here is the count of the trivia contests to date:

Total - 45 contests

Turbo Buick Related - 30

Non-Buick Related - 15

kirban 2 cents worth

So, based on Mr AMCs research we have done 45 contests mininum prize pay out $25 each plus we did a few valued higher. In round numbers over one grand in prize value to date. Will number each new trivia contest so I can track them.

New contest coming tonite.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Here we go contest #46

Not eligible would be the last trivia winner nor any turbo buick employees.

Prize value remains $25

Your answer has to match my answer to be a winner

On the subject of dual exhaust systems and performance vehicles.

I am thinking of two that exited in the center area of the rear.

The two I am thinking of were produced several decades apart.

Both you could say saw limited production when compared to others.

US manufactured.

You need to name the correct two both in the same post. As answers appear I will tell if you are rite or wrong. Obviously you can't have more than 2 in any single post.

The clock has started to tick......

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Each new contest will now be numbered and I plan to focus on one at a time however, I may throw in a Buick one this weekend.

If you have not already post your trunk ID label....to keep this an even mix.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

news up date our website has been down today and I am not sure whe it will be up again. Te server is having problems and they are the sever for several major auto suppliers not just us. Same company did GM and Mobil One....

Next weekend its GM at Carlisle which in the scheme of things is one of the smaller venues for Carlisle compared to Ford or Mopar or Corvette at Carlisle. Be interesting to see if GM makes an appearance. Ford motorsport was at the Ford one the other week.

Don Garlits will be at the Mopar one in mid July and I plan to see him there.

kirban 2 cents worth

I just got word today we are about 3 weeks out from having the production zddpaste available in 5/8 ounce packet size. This is the amount you would need for your valve train cam & lifters etc for a rebuild. Flat tappet or roller set ups.

I guarantee you nothing on national level has proven to be better than this new paste. My point is, if you are having an engine rebuilt in the next few weeks its best to stall the work until we can supply you with the zddpaste for assembling your valve train. This works equally well on roller set ups not just flat tappet cams.

Projected price will be under $5 retail. Probably the greatest value when you figure it is used at the most critical point (assembling the valve train).

You are reading it here first.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Our company is the number one supplier of zddplus in the country.

Hi Dennis and all,

Took a photo of my trunk ID label, today. Had'nt followed all the past posts concerning those labels, that have been submitted thus far, but if not for this thread, I would'nt have even thought to count the number of options for my '86 GN.
I am the second owner, and, because the car was imported to Canada, I have the complete GM Vehicle History. I knew my GN was fairly high-optioned, and the trunk ID reveals it has 95 options.
Hope the picture is clear enough to decipher, as this is my first time to add an attachment to my post.

Nando.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 65
Back