The progression of my engine combo

toomanymodz

This first pic was taken way back in late 2009 when I purchased the vehicle. The engine was an unopened original, except for the heads, which were ported and fitted with new valve springs. The turbo was a PTE51, 009 injectors (later upgraded to 60#), thumb-wheel chip (later upgraded to TurboTweak). Nothing done to the car except a hot wired Walbro pump, the removal of front sway bar, 90/10 shocks, and adding air bags in the rear. On pump gas it ran 12 teens at 108 MPH (20 psi). On 110 octane it ran 11 thirties at 118 MPH (25 psi).
IMG_4701c.jpg

Now, fast forward 5 years and this is what it looks like presently. A 237 cubic inch stroker built by Weber Performance. A precision 6466CEA turbo, 80# injectors, Champion GN1 heads and intake, 218/212 roller. On straight pump gas, high 10's at 123 MPH (20 psi). On pump gas mixed with Boostane additive, 10 sixties at 125 MPH (23 psi).
002.jpg

And now, a sneak preview of the birth of my next combo:
TA037.JPG

If you're keeping it a street car that's going to be one hell of a ride. It already is to me!

I sure hope your entertaining thoughts of getting rid of that rediculous stock MAF!!

Dang it Boost231. Looks like I'll have to return the block and get my money back. :)

Thanks Pronto. Yes, street-duty is where it shall remain.

I sure hope your entertaining thoughts of getting rid of that rediculous stock MAF!!
Haha. Yes it's on the TODO list. I'm probably going to move to the new TurboTweak SD2 chip.

Dang it Boost231. Looks like I'll have to return the block and get my money back. :)

Thanks Pronto. Yes, street-duty is where it shall remain.

Haha. Yes it's on the TODO list. I'm probably going to move to the new TurboTweak SD2 chip.

You'll LOVE it. I've been runing the SD2 since its inception.

The intercooler looks to have been upgraded as well in that very first pic from 2009!!:cool:
Correct. The previous owner had installed it. I don't have much info on it besides that it was from a bus. It has 2 1/2 inch inlet/outlet and is quite large. He said to never get rid of it, so I haven't.

Lol!!!!!!! I was just reading the description and it didn't make mention of it. Sorry for pointing out the obvious. Hahahaha