You can type here any text you want

The twins are ready

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KendallF

Blah blah blah
No, it's not a Hugh Hefner special pictorial. :(

However, I have the turbos ready for my T-type. John Craig did his usual great job in going through them and swapping to more suitable .69 A/R exhaust housings. He did ship them without the V-band flanges so I had to take the housings off and weld those on. I was worried about the cast welding but we used some 309 rod and they came out beautifully. :)

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/frederik32212/lst?.dir=/twin+turbos&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t

Nice welding Kendall...If i could just figure out what all the knobs do on my welder maybe i could weld like that : ) Do u know what size tungsten you used?

I actually can't take credit for those welds...I guess I was using the managerial "we".. ;) I got a local guy, Todd, who owns SpeedCraft to help me out. He does a lot of turbo installs on ricers so he gets a lot of practice with the TIG. I think he had a 1/8" tungsten in but can't swear to it.

I still wonder about some of those knobs too. Like the one to adjust pre-flow and post-purge..what the heck do you do with that? :)

Damn, I missed the obvious "Goldmember" reference! I wish it'd been pictures of "Fook Mi" and "Fook Yu". :D :D Austin Powers is shagadelic, baby.

Hi Kendall,

Am I gonna get to see the twins in Bristol in a few weeks? Car ready? If not we'll be in the Holiday Inn parking lot drinking after hours sure we will hook up.

Cya in a few weeks.

Originally posted by zturbo
Look alot like mine :D What size turbos are you using?

Steven

They're 60-1s, Steven. I have about 100 ci less than you do to spin them with but I hope it does OK. :)

I can't wait to hear how it goes. Mine are a touch bigger at 66's but i think your motor will have no problem spooling, should be a blast to see how it all comes out.

Steven

Back