Thinking about a TA alum motor

Thats BS. I have never pre heated my TA motor before starting it up and it is fine.

I seem to remember those articles being kind of biased,kind of like the ones they did when edelbrock released their 455 heads.

Ask Nick Micale about it,I am sure he would have made sure I knew that kind of info being as he had Zimmerman build it for me with all the parts bought from him.

Just wandering what kind of times you are running with your setup, and would you have bought the ta setup again if you had to do over?

I have that Hot Rod issue somewhere.I think it was twin turbo,don't remember what size.800 hp on race gas,and about 35 grand complete!!!

Just wandering what kind of times you are running with your setup, and would you have bought the ta setup again if you had to do over?

I have not run it at the track yet,I dissassembled the car and stripped it for paint and haven't been able to paint it yet because of rain.I do all my own work (except for the TA motor).

I got mine up and running just a few months ago,the car still needs a few things before it is ready to take the power the motor will make.The build took a couple of years and Nick built it for me over that time as I gave him money for the parts.He worked very closely with me to be sure I was getting exactly what I wanted.

Yes I would do it again,I have a friend who has built and destroyed 2 TSM motors with all the same internals due to block failures on the stock block.Easily close to double what I paid to build the last block I should ever need. Mine is bored to 3.90 bore,that's .100 over stock and I still have .100 more if I need a rebuild. Score a cylinder....just get a new sleeve.

The TA block is a work of art,if you get to see one up close.

I bought my block before they came out,one of the few people who would invest in it before it existed.Got mine for 3500,those who wanted to "wait until it's proven" now get to pay 400 more.

I have that Hot Rod issue somewhere.I think it was twin turbo,don't remember what size.800 hp on race gas,and about 35 grand complete!!!

Thats with Ken Duttweiler building it,I easily have 15K less in mine and it will make that kind of power.

Thats with Ken Duttweiler building it,I easily have 15K less in mine and it will make that kind of power.

That dune buggy had a Motec ECM, a Wilson intake on it, a custom oil pan with ball bearings in the pan to keep the motor from starving for oil. It was the parts used on it that made it expensive not Duttweiler building it.

that is what I can remember off of the top of my head.;)

That dune buggy had a Motec ECM, a Wilson intake on it, a custom oil pan with ball bearings in the pan to keep the motor from starving for oil. It was the parts used on it that made it expensive not Duttweiler building it.

that is what I can remember off of the top of my head.;)

Exactly,and only Duttweiler does that kind of stuff to get every possible bit of power he can.So yes,it was because Duttweiler built it actually.Who else would go through that much trouble getting custom parts when there are plenty of others available off the shelf?

Exactly,and only Duttweiler does that kind of stuff to get every possible bit of power he can.So yes,it was because Duttweiler built it actually.Who else would go through that much trouble getting custom parts when there are plenty of others available off the shelf?

Sorry I disagree. Kenny knows what works on those motors and what does not. He is one of the most straight-forward people I know of. He will tell you if the stock parts work just as well as high buck ones will.

Duttweiler builds motors for lots of different budgets he does not go for the most expensive parts he can find.

His rates have always been reasonable. Lets face it though, you dont build these motors for cheap, it just wont work.

That dune buggy is here in Phoenix and just had a "freshen" done on the TA engine with a few other mods.

It make noticably more power now!:D

Nick- did you take any pics of the dune buggy/TA motor setup? Can you post them in the hybrid section.

Ever thought of building a budget LS2 single/twin turbo? Cheaper, more cubes, easily available parts, 1000rwhp+ capable on stock block/crank.

No, did not take any pics yet, but can when it is together in a couple weeks. Some parts were removed for coating.

Too hot here now for a ride in the sand, so the customer is not in any rush!:biggrin:

i almost ordered one but found out that the line boreing and decking and other stuff was going to be to high, try to find a stage block , there are some out there:smile:

No, did not take any pics yet, but can when it is together in a couple weeks. Some parts were removed for coating.

Too hot here now for a ride in the sand, so the customer is not in any rush!:biggrin:

Didnt you just write that it was finished and quite a bit faster than what Duttweiler built?

FACT.:eek:

That dune buggy is here in Phoenix and just had a "freshen" done on the TA engine with a few other mods.

It make noticably more power now!:D

Yep.Reading that,youd think it was back together and fully tested and that you apparently build a better motor than Kenny D.

Who is less credible now?He who says he builds a better engine than Duttweiler and steals from dying people(thatd be you) or somone who has a couple of bad dealings where everyone is happy in the end(thatd be me)

Yep.Reading that,youd think it was back together and fully tested and that you apparently build a better motor than Kenny D.

Who is less credible now?He who says he builds a better engine than Duttweiler and steals from dying people(thatd be you) or somone who has a couple of bad dealings where everyone is happy in the end(thatd be me)

You continue to show how stupid you really are with your insulting members and spouting crap by inserting your own twisted meanings.

This board and the entire community would be much better without trouble makers like you.

If you are accusing me of stealing, you better prepare for the consequences.:mad:

You continue to show how stupid you really are with your insulting members and spouting crap by inserting your own twisted meanings.

This board and the entire community would be much better without trouble makers like you.

If you are accusing me of stealing, you better prepare for the consequences.:mad:

Youre the one who is insulting me,not the other way around.You started all this by insulting me.

You said one thing and then in your next post said another.Stick to your story Nick.....

Accuse you of stealing?Nope.The person that was dying of cancer did that.I encourage anyone who is wondering on this to do a search.

And im wondering what consequences should I be prepared to pay?Threats will get you no where.......

i almost ordered one but found out that the line boreing and decking and other stuff was going to be to high, try to find a stage block , there are some out there:smile:

They you went to the wrong place or people for your information?

We have done many alum blocks and there is only a couple hundred $$$ difference in the machine work from a 109 block, and probably less than a used stage block. Actually the labor cost is much less than doing an iron block with cap and girdles. We have never line bored an alum block?:confused:

As far as the Dut motor sand rail, there were a couple upgrades done that upped the HP. This motor was never initially "equipped" with add-ons or turbos for very high horsepower, it was a made to run in the desert, not on a track.

It was freshened because sand buggies ingest LOTS of sand and need frequent attention.:)

I have a question about the factory ground leads that you attach to the factory block, can you still ground them on the alum block?:confused: And what about a dipstick, I noticed the block has no place for one. What do you do?:confused:
Thanks

I have a question about the factory ground leads that you attach to the factory block, can you still ground them on the alum block?:confused: And what about a dipstick, I noticed the block has no place for one. What do you do?:confused:
Thanks

First of all, the factory harness ground leads do not attach to the block, they are bolted to the rear of the pass head.

Whenever I do an engine or head R&R, I relocate the 4 grounds to a stud on an intake bolt.

If you want a dipstick, then have one installed in the oil pan.:smile: