this iraq war is gonna get out of control.

Originally posted by wiked87gn
if this goes for more than 3 months

Ya, it took a week to get to within 50 miles of Bagdead.

We might play cop over there for a while, but the brunt of fighting will be over shortly.

And if it goes for more then 3 months, so what?.
Unlike the Presidents during Nam, this one has the brains to see it thru. All that's in jeapardy is that congress may act stupid, and turn it into a slaughter of our young men like they have in the past, again look at the Nam era. But, in DS folks seemed to have not repeated past errors, and if we take the same road we did in DS, we will get it right this time. Without being shackled like we were in DS, by the UN this time we can finally get it right.

Despite the non-News Media and non-thinkers that support the anti-war movent, the USA is the world's leader. While not the case under BJ Klinton, Pres Bush is doing the right thing in my opinion.

If any one misses the comparision between Hitler and Sadman, just a quick glance of what was going on pre WWII will be at least eye opening.

if this goes for more than 3 months i see this thing getting out of control with other Nations getting involved to help the iraq people, nations such as china,russia,france,south arabia etc, this is gonna get ugly and i would not be surprise, if we dont end up in a doomsday war, with Nukes going off everywhere, what is this world coming too, we live in this tiny little bit grain of sand in the universe, and here we are trying to blow it up to smitterins, i know i am gonna get a lot of heat for saying this, but it seems that we are always sticking up our nose and policing the world when we have much bigger problems here at home, lets take care of ourselves and defend our nation not look into other peoples problems, true they came here to blow up the twins towers, why don't we reinforce our nations security, why go overthere and start a war where we dont have too and put our young people in harms way, those people have been fighting since the beggining of time let them eliminate eachother and when there is just few of them left we take them out, i am just tired of all this crap that is going on, and i honestly thing that this iraq conflict really has nothing to do with (LIBERATION IRAQ PEOPLE) but much to do with (LIBERATION IRAQ OIL) , we want it and we are gonna get it one way or another even if it takes killing a few of our own and spending 74Billion dollars that millions of people here in the US could use, or why not spend a few of those billions doing research for more efficient way to makes cars run rather than depend on the oil that the middle east has to offer..

Have you been to war college or something?? or is this something you saw on TV.

SFC Chapman
US Army

I know what I see I guess... That tells me you were at least a LTC. Correct??

SFC Chapman
US Army

My opinion may differ from some of the others here on some of this. I think that oil IS a player in this, but not the only player.

I also agree that other countries probably will get involved in this. In fact, Syria already has gotten involved.

I also agree that this can escalate to a possible nuclear war. I said possible, not probable, IMHO

This thing is too volatile to rule any of this out. These are the risks you take in this day and time during war.

Your 33 years old What war college or first hand experience do you have??

John
USN Helicopter compat sq 4 Viet Nam

lets just say i am not form this country.

and that i was forced to take up arms at the age of 15, i am also a very logical person and see where this thing can go, and it does have the makings of something that can escalate into something really serious, serious enough to become Nuclear..

Re: lets just say i am not form this country.

and that i was forced to take up arms at the age of 15, i am also a very logical person and see where this thing can go, and it does have the makings of something that can escalate into something really serious, serious enough to become Nuclear..

:eek: Not from this country I guess that says it all!!!

John

Some of you guys are out of touch with reality and have not lived though any of the major world wars. Count the fatalities during the first world war. Now take a look at the second world war(excepting our nuclear strikes in Japan). We are going to lose more of our boys, but nothing compared to what the opposition will experience. It is doubtful that major nuclear weapons will be unleashed as that alone will make all areas affected unusable. There is far too much economic resources in the middle east for that to happen, not to mention that neither side wants to totally decimate the area that everyone is fighting to preserve. While unfortunate, we will be sacrificing some of our own to ensure the well being of the overall population.

Re: lets just say i am not form this country.

YOU ARE TOTALLY FULL OF $HIT. THIS IS A STUPID THREAD. YOU HAVE NO LOGIC OR COMMON SENSE. NOBODY IS CALLING ON YOU TO FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY..........AND THAT'S GOOD. WE DON'T WANT ANYMORE OFFICERS FRAGGED. I HOPE THIS WAR DOESN'T INCONVENIENCE YOU. WHAT'S THE MATTER........THEY PRE-EMPT YOUR FAVORITE DATING SHOW FOR WAR COVERAGE. GROW SOME BALLS............CHICKEN LITTLE!

Normandy Invasion

There were over fourteen-thousand Allied casualties during the 60 days following the Normandy landing...14,000 from 1 action over 2 months.

Why? To overcome the tremendous forces of Evil, which had been ignored and/or appeased for the 8 years prior to WW2.

Rather than get into a hyper-reactive frenetic frenzy & run around like Chicken Little shouting "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!",
pause to consider all potential enemies are examining this endeavor minutely, and will make their future plans accordingly.

Many in the world noted our CIC (42) turning-tail-and-running after we abandoned our Rangers in Somalia, WTC '93, USS Cole, etcetera...all of which over 8 years led to miscalculations about America's likely responses to provocations, threats & known dangers.

See what a dangerous difference 8 short years can make?

Without focusing on curtailing the areas where the greatest dangers are now, by every means necessary, where would the balance of power be in 8 more years?

What we do in the next few years will set the foundation of the next centuries. These current moments are ours to win, or to lose.
The window of opportunity will be closing soon, and there are urgent & grave matters before us to resolve.

Especially perinent are the wise words of Edmund Burke:

"All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

Thank God we are no longer "doing nothing".

dude relax..

nobody ever said that i was afraid to go to war, i have been there and killed a few people too, its not pretty at all, all i am saying is that this can escalate into something worst that it already is, and that we have some other motives to go in there other than (LIBERATION IRAQ), you guys just dont see the big picture, step back for a moment and take a look before you open your big mouth.

Re: Re: lets just say i am not form this country.

Originally posted by Red Regal T
YOU ARE TOTALLY FULL OF $HIT. THIS IS A STUPID THREAD. YOU HAVE NO LOGIC OR COMMON SENSE. NOBODY IS CALLING ON YOU TO FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY..........AND THAT'S GOOD. WE DON'T WANT ANYMORE OFFICERS FRAGGED. I HOPE THIS WAR DOESN'T INCONVENIENCE YOU. WHAT'S THE MATTER........THEY PRE-EMPT YOUR FAVORITE DATING SHOW FOR WAR COVERAGE. GROW SOME BALLS............CHICKEN LITTLE!

DO EVERYBODY A FAVOR AND GO AWAY.........KILLER! :rolleyes:

ok since the flame suits are on.

its time to delete this thread out, since most of F**** have no common sense and have no clue to really see what is going on, myself not being from this country has nothing to do with not going to war, give me a worthy cause and i will gladly pick up and M16 and kill a few, but until then i am not gonna go put my life on the line to save a few iraqies.

Re: War is not the solution.

Total desimation is, just take them out with 2 nukes. KABBOMMMMMMMMMMM> and it.s done.

I would love that to happen in a way, but that would piss off A LOT of other countries. Russia and China would be furious, and since they have many nukes of their own...:(

The US had nukes for 5 years before anyone else did. We should have taken over the world when we had the chance.

Re: OK i MUST SPEEK

Originally posted by KillrV6
alkida network and osama are in affgahnastan. while sadam may agree with osama on hatred for the USA, they do not get along in religious and other beliefs.

I hate to admit it, but you are right about that, and the general public seems clueless about this: Osama HATES Saddam. The only thing they share is both hate the US. Osama is more of a religious fanatic madman, while Saddom is just a brutal dictator. He's not a fundamentalist. He doesn't even have a beard! But both men are no good, and both must be killed.

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
First of all , we will have Baghdad surrounded in less than 3 months, so whoever wants to help Iraq can TRY dropping it in the city for them. We are in no rush, especially when the Capitol comes into play. Sadaam is arming people that don't like him, and forcing thm to fight. Some of them are gonna turn those guns against te Iraqi leaders

Patriot missles cannot do anythin against an intercontinental ballistic missle. They come back into the Earth's atmosphere traveling too fast for a patriot to intercept, an not to mention a patriot missles interception point is at about the same altitude a nuclear bomb goes off. Nuclear bombs do not detonate when they hit the ground, they are detonated in the air above a city to do more damage.

Very true, which is why now more than ever we need that "Star Wars" missile defense program that the GREAT Ronald Reagan proposed 20 years ago.