You can type here any text you want

this is why i dont street race

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

marred4life

Banned
this was a fully built car done by gn1performance, the owner didnt want to put in a roll cage and had a accident while street racing the other racer clipped his rear bumper causing the gn to flip 7 times..... OUCH!!! tranny is out and the engine,diff and interior will be out by monday the shell will pretty much be trash

Attachments

• IMG00204.jpg
    IMG00204.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,100
  • IMG00205.jpg
    IMG00205.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,055
i think i know whos car this is.. was this in L.A?? how recfent was the accident??

Wow that's brutal. I agree about racing on the street, a few seconds of fun isn't worth the risk. :eek:

I guess it all depends on who's driving. Now I'm not condoning racing on the streets, but I've raced many times on the streets and never so much as a scratch on my car! You just have to be extra careful! But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Just my two cents.

glad everyone's ok.......sorry to lose the car! on a happier note...he won I guess:eek:

Not condoning street racing, but something like that could've happened at the track, too. In a street race, however, a mishap like that could've resulted in spectators getting hurt. I'm glad no one was hurt other than the driver.

A bar or cage wouldn't have saved the car, and since the guy walked away from it the lack of a bar/cage doesn't really seem to have mattered. Actually, with a 6-point bar the car would've pretty much come out the same.

Jim

So sorry that happened and glad to hear he is okay. Hoped he learned a lesson.... What was he running that was that close to it?

So sorry that happened and glad to hear he is okay. Hoped he learned a lesson.... What was he running that was that close to it?

a 68 chevelle he was ahead by a bumper when the chevelle lost control and clipped his rear bumper

I guess it all depends on who's driving.
Bulls**t, once you have a quick car all it takes is a split second to lose traction and you are out of control.
I used to tune my car late at night on the street to get it ready for the track and for the first time ever within a couple seconds i thought i was going to lose it.
Hit it and was heading toward a field, corrected the steering and i shot over 3 lanes into oncoming lanes, corrected the steering again and i was in the middle of the road, all in the blink of an eye......
No other cars were on the road at the time, all it takes is one wakeup call to respect the power your car is making or listen to someone who is wise and been there and done that and has warned others!
Once you hit a certain plateau, no more messing around on the street!

Bulls**t, once you have a quick car all it takes is a split second to lose traction and you are out of control.
I used to tune my car late at night on the street to get it ready for the track and for the first time ever within a couple seconds i thought i was going to lose it.
Hit it and was heading toward a field, corrected the steering and i shot over 3 lanes into oncoming lanes, corrected the steering again and i was in the middle of the road, all in the blink of an eye......
No other cars were on the road at the time, all it takes is one wakeup call to respect the power your car is making or listen to someone who is wise and been there and done that and has warned others!

X2. Not quite been THERE but damn close and enough to call street testing a thing of the past.

Glad the driver walked away and nobody else was hurt! Bad things can happen real fast especially when you got a car that is making some decent power. It's a personal decision as to whether or not you want to roll the dice by playing around on the street, but you certainly have to consider if it's worth the risk of something like this happening.

PS: Looking at that car makes me sick to my stomach!:(

Botton line illegal and dangerous, keep it at the track where there are safety personnel and no bystanders standing along the roadway!

x2 not that I have not done it...been there done that...never again.....lost a Friend that way...i was not the driver but a passenger....girl was ejected thru rear window,,,when we hit a tree....driver was in ICU for 6 mos...still does not walk right...another rear passenger broke his neck...other girl crushed her pelvis...i was only one wearing seal belt...my seat was ripped from the floor...only thing that kept me in the car was the belt....no more street racing for me....

Very well said. In a blink of an eye it can be all over but the crying.

I did it too. The American muscle scene (mid 70s) that I was a part of tended to keep things very low key and safer (at least as safe as could be on the street) than the later up and coming import scene, or circus would be a better word, that ruined it for us. Before that point though, when people started lining the street and trailered cars, dragsters and christmas trees started showing up, I got wise. When you're young you don't think of the consequences. We all grow up sooner or later I guess.

The more you race, the more you realize that when you're side by side with another racer, you could be the best there is, but you can't control the other driver.

When I was testing the limits of my suspension and tires, toward the peak of testing I'd often signal the starter for a single. I didn't want to involve another driver if things got out of hand.

Very well said. In a blink of an eye it can be all over but the crying.

and the lawsuits...and hospital visits and funerals...and court dates...and seeing the parents of their dead child..and trying to explain what happened...20 years later.....

Not saying it is right but street racing has been around for ever and will stay forever!!!!

Back