You can type here any text you want

Those 5.0 guys will race anything!

• Thread starter Thread starter crash
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
C

crash

Was out and about this past Tuesday, doing my regular thing when I get a red light with this '85 or '86 5.0 Stang. Weld's, cowl hood, loud exhaust, looks like easy pickins. So I give a few revs to let him know that I'm interested and he looks over at me and smirks a bit, and a rev, so I figure its a go. I see the yellow light on the cross traffic and with nobody in the turn lanes a start building boost, careful not to gas it too hard and start spinning the tires. Light goes green and I leave before him, he spins and I have him across the intersection, but then he hooks and gets by me, although not as quickly as I had expected since I was driving my work truck, a 4700 series International armored truck. I figured the 23,000 lb weight might give the 5.0 the edge and I was right. My partner in the rear (A Ford guy) was laughing his rear off the entire time. I on the other hand had just lost to a Mustang and did not think it was very funny ;)

The Mustang guy has probably posted your "race" in a kill section somewhere already. However, your 23,000 lb. truck magically changed to a Viper, Corvette, LS1 F-body or something else really fast. It's probably even mentioned that your ride was turbocharged. I own a Mustang as well and hope I never get that desperate for a race.

SAW THE WHOLE THING

WOW you guys are crazy.. i was right behind the mustang when he launched and hung with him across the intersection but started to fall behind when the drum on my 84 Cement Truck started to rotate way to fast so i pulled out of the boost......Those damn mustangs.....:eek: :eek: :eek:

Man, the things you have to do to get a Mustang to race you! They won't even look if you're in the GN:D

IDEA

HEY ERIC YOU CAN THANK MARK FOR THAT NOT ME...HEY HERES AN IDEA KEEP A SET OF MONTE SS BADGES IN YOUR CONSLE AND WHEN YOU SEE ONE YOU WANT TO MESS WITH JUST SLAP THEM ON.THERE SUCKERS THEY CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERANCE:D :eek: ;) :cool:

Good idea, but then, if I forget to take them off, I'll have some guy in a armored truck try to race me too!!:cool:

TOO BAD WE STILL DON'T HAVE RENNISSANCE WE COULD SET THAT TRUCK UP WITH BRINKS GUYS AND HAVE THEM RACE FOR THERE PAYLOADS:D :eek: :eek: :eek:

:eek: Eric it might have been easier to start with a Monte Carlo SS and swap the GN drivetrain then convert everything on the GN. Just kidding ;)

Crash,

No wonder you like your jobs so much and when you ready to race for the payloads let me know I will pull out the suburban. :cool:

Dang, getting this kind of ribbing about SS mirrors? :o I really know what Johnny went thru now!:eek:

Actually you car is really shaping up, really considering the shaved doors myself (maybe not the monte SS badging). Might want to get some pointers on it and what you would have done different if anyting.

I TOLD YOU

JUST TAKE THEM OFF YOU WON'T NEED THEM ANYWAYS BECAUSE THERE SHOULD BE NOBODY NEXT TO RIGHT..JUST ALL IN THE DUST AND YOU CAN SEE THAT WITH YOUR REARVIEW MIRROR:D

Originally posted by crash
Light goes green and I leave before him, he spins and I have him across the intersection, but then he hooks and gets by me, although not as quickly as I had expected since I was driving my work truck, a 4700 series International armored truck. I figured the 23,000 lb weight might give the 5.0 the edge and I was right.

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA, OH.....OH.....My LIVER.

You guys are way too much.

I was really into it until the "work truck" part, Then I just lost it.

What do you think that thing would 60' at ?

hey when you guys start racing the trucks, you's better watch out for the ricers, they gonna add 10ft' wings, 2 ft' diameter exhaust tip, and they're definatly coming at ya with the 150 hp stickers... :eek:

I drove my friend's '83 GT around for a while, its dead stock in the performance end and has 150,000+ miles of beatin the crap out of it, so possibly a slight loss of compression. Its all primer & its loud. Many have misktaken it for a 'work in progress' assuming it has some mods done and I'm saving the body work for later. The only people I can get to race me are little riceburners and pickups.
I pull along side a z28, start staging, and they dont even try, or maybe the car is faster than I thought.
Anyway, I'll race anything in any car. Like when I had my chrysler (rear drive 5th ave) I was next to a 911 at a light. I took off, when he finally woke up he blew by me, but I did get the him most of the 1/4.

They even try racing me in my 4cyl. Wrangler. :rolleyes: Who are they brag about that to?

It's all for the fun, isn't it? A friend had a turbo diesel rabbit and I had a stock beetle. We ran all the time. It's all fun when the cars are matched up well, just like the stang vs. the work truck!

Speaking of trucks, my friends are all Mopar fanatics. One of their car club buddies in GA will spend about 5 hours of time and make a Cummins turbo diesel make 500hp. They all swear that it runs in the 12's!!! They say that among other things, he bumps boost to 30 lbs and torque's the head bolts down a little more. He claims that the motors were seriously de-tuned cause Chrysler didn't think the driveline could take the power and the motor was built for bigger trucks. I can't wait to check it out.

They cant take the power. My dad had a 95 Ram 4x4 deisel with an automatic and that truck had 46k miles on it when he sold it, it was on its 4th transmission, and still needing another one. With an Alison automatic it would have been a great truck. That thing pop started a tractor trailer with a dead battery in 4low on pavement with all 4 tires smoking up a storm.:D About those transmissions, I have no idea why they would fail.:rolleyes:

12.s' ...OH Yeah!

Their are a few down here (Miami) Running 12.6's , 12.8's, 13.0's. I'm talking about the Ford F350 (or is it F450?), and Excursions (Turbo Disel trucks). Their's one in particullar that a buddy of mine knows that is boosting 56 PSI ! Of coarse it blows the turbo every 4 or 5 passes! Still, Talk about a sleeper.

Back