You can type here any text you want

Thoughts on this spark plug

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
Car ran great. No issues. Would hit 23psi clean.
plug.jpg
I was surprised to see the condition of the plugs. I think alot of idling is the result of thier look. Anybody got any ideas?

Looks like that chamber is getting oil in it. Maybe through the PCV system?

RemoveBeforeFlight

I spray alky. I have never seen any oil anywhere but it is possible. I have been letting the car idle alot lately. Figured it was fouling out the plugs from too much idle time.

Grumpy said:
any problem that goes wrong on an Alky equipped car is always the Alkys fault. :eek: unreal !

I'm with you Grumpy. Julio's PAC controller is no less reliable then any other electronic devise we install on these cars. 2steps, wastegates, FAST...they are all small computers that function as built, but some of these guys will run everything electronic and ALKY is still treated as "primitive". Get real.

I have 2 questions:

1. What do the rest of the plugs look like?

2. Why are you running a projected tip plug at 23 psi?

Projective plugs are gone as of now. Three plugs look like this. Three look good(clean). They were scattered among the cylinders.

Car has never smoked. I really have never seen any signs of oil. I have been to 27psi of boost and it was still a clean pull. They were working fine. Just look bad.

any problem that goes wrong on an Alky equipped car is always the Alkys fault. :eek: unreal !

I'm with you Grumpy. Julio's PAC controller is no less reliable then any other electronic devise we install on these cars. 2steps, wastegates, FAST...they are all small computers that function as built, but some of these guys will run everything electronic and ALKY is still treated as "primitive". Get real.

Why are you guys jumpin down my throat? I just asked a question. I wasn't blaming alky. I just simply asked if it could be alky causing it because I'd like to know since i also have Julio's alky kit. It just looked like unburnt alky or possibly fuel was etching the plug. Geez

Why are you guys jumpin down my throat? I just asked a question. I wasn't blaming alky. I just simply asked if it could be alky causing it because I'd like to know since i also have Julio's alky kit. It just looked like unburnt alky or possibly fuel was etching the plug. Geez
My comment wasnt directed at anyone specific. I just read post after post about the guys who blame ALKY for this or blame it for that and call it "a risk". These are 500-900hp V6 Buick engines...they are all a risk.
No harm meant here.

Looks like an idling plug to me. If thats how your plugs looked after a hard run and no idle time you would have a hole in the piston.

Back