You can type here any text you want

Thoughts on what this combo might run

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

84gnguy

84gnguy really has an 87
stock 87 GN (motor,convertor/trans,rear and suspension)
mods are:
K&N open element
ported exhaust housing,3" Kirban downpipe
test pipe,Hooker 2.5" exhaust
Duttweiler neck,wastegate set for 17 lbs.
TT 93 octane chip
Hoosier Q/T DOT Pros 26x15x9.5"

this is a street driver,not looking to add alky or anything.I have a blast with the car as is.

Thoughts as to what it would run ET and MPH wise assuming a 1.8-1.9 60 ft.
I am guessing mid 13's around 100 MPH

stock 87 GN (motor,convertor/trans,rear and suspension)
mods are:
K&N open element
ported exhaust housing,3" Kirban downpipe
test pipe,Hooker 2.5" exhaust
Duttweiler neck,wastegate set for 17 lbs.
TT 93 octane chip
Hoosier Q/T DOT Pros 26x15x9.5"

this is a street driver,not looking to add alky or anything.I have a blast with the car as is.

Thoughts as to what it would run ET and MPH wise assuming a 1.8-1.9 60 ft.
I am guessing mid 13's around 100 MPH
if you can hook and do a bansai launch maybe 10psi i would say 13.20 at 100

not looking to add alky or anything.I have a blast with the car as is.
we all said that:rolleyes:

well,I am hoping for at least stock GNX or 89 Turbo T/A performance,but with sticky tires.

I ran 13.30 on a similar setup two years ago. This was with a 6 PSI launch & a 1.85 60'

Many people scough at a 13 second car. But in reality, a 13 second street car is pretty dang fast.

No other mods!!:biggrin: Thats what I said $15000.00 ago!;)

No $hit right. I said when I bought my car, "If I can run low 13's I'm more than happy"

Well, then larger injectors, dutt-neck IC, & alky happened to fall onto the engine. Now I'm running high 11's low 12's, and better heads & a roller cam might be instore.

I see more mods in your future! All you need now is a good launch, some race gas and more boost to dip into the 12 sec club.:smile:

My GN is almost the same, mostly stock, unported heads, stock cam...stock neck IC...

Kirban downpipe
Test pipe
Factory y pipe to some kind of cheap dual exhaust
60# inj
Adj FP Reg
Red's Voltbooster
Red's XP pump
Hotwire relay for fuel pump
Various JayC and TT chips for the 60#'s

Lately I've been running closer to TSA setup with the stock airbox and a stock filter.

1.8-1.9 60 foots

17psi = 13.3-13.4
19/20 psi = 13.0's

One time I dumped in 5 gallong of 110. Bumped the timing to 24* and hit 25 psi in 1st and second on a 15 psi parking brake launch and pulled a 1.67 60 foot, but I let off after the boost gauge was buried and I got skeeered even though it felt great and no knock, probably was an easy 12 sec pass.

Back