You can type here any text you want

Thrasher chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

77tech9

Extreme Huffer
I installed my thrasher street 92 chip and took the car down to the track.

I messed with the fuel pressure a little and tryed 45, 46, etc and just couldn't get good times.

1 st run 14.9
2 nd 14.7
etc etc.

This chip changes the boost dramaticly on 1st gear, but I check the knock guage and nothing really bad, maybe 2-3 degrees.

This is running the 20 psi or whatever 1st gear is on thrasher. Should it be faster? Everything is stock on turbo, and most everythign on car.

Sixty times will tell. The car does seem off. A stock car @ 15psi should do 14 flat. You should be around 14.2 @ your attitude @ 15psi.
The first time out stock, I ran a 14 flat with the Thrasher. The next time out with xylene I ran 12.9.
To run good times, you have to hook.
I would check your exhaust system.
Could you give some info on your sway bar?

My altitude should affect everything by almost 1 second compared to sea level.

r/t: .062
60' 2.312
330 6.171
1/8 9.436
MPH 74.6
1000 12.317
1/4 14.774
MPH 91.55

This is all with Thrasher chip, stock actuator, not very good tires.
I left the line with 6-8 boost and hooked up kinda good. Maybe with my g-force tires i'm getting tonight it will be better?

The sway bar is a rear bar and I dont know a real lot about it. They sell them on jegs.com I found out, but i'll check into it.

dude, your 60 ft is whats killing you. for every tenth you drop off your 60 ft youll pick up 2 tenths on your et. if you can get to a 2.0 or a 1.9 thats gonna be like 6 to 8 tenths quicker or somewhere in that neighborhood. hook that thing and youll be a lot happier.:D

I know, it feels like I really take off hard, but it might have been my tires. I kept racing against my friend's camero and it had stragiht pipes so I couldn't hear very good. (even though I still beat him)

I got my new tires, and we'll have to wait a few weeks to go down to the track agian, but it should be a lot better.

Key is 60ft. Times

You got lucky. evryone gave you sound advice.

First 60 ft. Times are crucial. Also I suspect your tires are hurting this
factor.

Try leaving with less boost. With these tires, might help.
I would invest in new sticker rear tires.Then try your approach.

I use a thrasher. And set it at 45#. Everycar is different. But give it a try. Great chip......Can't add much more. HTH'ed.......Rob

After putting 10 gals of homebrew 93/Xylene mix I got 0 knock at 15lbs stock chip, so I decided to try my Thrasher 92 chip for stock injectors. I'm glad I had the homebrew in. 1st gear=22lbs boost:eek: I got no knock with homebrew. Now the big question is: will runnning that much boost at WOT in first blow the headgaskets? Will an adjustable wastegate hold 1st back to say 18lbs at WOT? Other than 1st gear the chip seems good. When not in boost it feels alittle better and it idles good.

Thrasher turns down the timing, and 22 psi is a lot and it was scary with me too, but it hasn't blown my headgaskets yet.

When I rebuild i'll o-ring

Back