THROTTLE STOP ADJUSTMENT

Fast4Ward

I run the tv cable pretty tight on a Accufab throttle body. It needs abit more slack for it to open to knife edge. It goes to about 70% the most. Tps maxes out at 3.98.
I havnt been able to come up with anything that will work to gimme that bit of slack in the cable. Not interested in running the tv cable looser. Trans is built somewhat by a friend not long ago and i beat the heck out if it almost daily.
Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to mention that without the tv cable it has no problem going to knife edge when peddle is down. Just not enough travel where i like to run the cable tightness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't remember exactly who made it but there used to be something called "TPS-tec" or something like it. I'm sure some of the "old timers" will remember it. ;) It may have been by ATR or even Bowling Green Customs. As you know a tight TV cable will make you have a higher shift point but keeps the throttle blade from opening all the way and keeps the tps from sending full throttle voltage to the computer. What it did was once your tps got to a certain voltage it changed the tps output to send full throttle voltage and allowed the computer to go to maximum fueling even though the throttle body blade was not wide open. Won't help with the blade opening but will help with the fueling.

I can't remember exactly who made it but there used to be something called "TPS-tec" or something like it. I'm sure some of the "old timers" will remember it. ;) It may have been by ATR or even Bowling Green Customs. As you know a tight TV cable will make you have a higher shift point but keeps the throttle blade from opening all the way and keeps the tps from sending full throttle voltage to the computer. What it did was once your tps got to a certain voltage it changed the tps output to send full throttle voltage and allowed the computer to go to maximum fueling even though the throttle body blade was not wide open. Won't help with the blade opening but will help with the fueling.

That is a Caspers Electronics part. Part number:B38t. I have one in my vast collection of "stuff". :)

I bought this to try. I only need 1/4 inch of more wire for it to go true WOT and don't want to get that required slack by running the TV looser than what I have in the pic.

How did this ever work out. i am going through the same issue with my TV cable restricting 100% throttle with my accufab. i only get 89% throttle before the TV cable wants to click looser. However i will remove the TV cable and try again to make sure that is truly the restriction.

The Sonnax part I listed in post 3 of this thread will fix your issue. Click the link and read the description.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Does that Sonnax part tighten the cable or loosen it? Because when i go open throttle the TV cable pulls forward out of adjustment.

From the link:

"Sonnax TV cable corrector kit AS1-01K prevents the TV cable from being pulled out of adjustment at full throttle by allowing the spring to compress and absorb any excessive cable pull. "

The cable will be pulled out from the trans further with this device. Then at WOT once the TV plunger bottoms the spring compresses.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I bought this to try. I only need 1/4 inch of more wire for it to go true WOT and don't want to get that required slack by running the TV looser than what I have in the pic.

[/QUOTE

So how did it work for you? Did it solve the issue because looking at the Sonnax part it looks like it will do the opposite of what i need it to do. It seems like it will pull the cable out further and my issue is that i get about 80% WOT before the TV Cable wants to pull out.

Fast4Ward...So how did the new TV Cable work for you? Did it solve the issue because looking at the Sonnax part it looks like it will do the opposite of what i need it to do. It seems like it will pull the cable out further and my issue is that i get about 80% WOT before the TV Cable wants to pull out.

The sonnax kit remvbfrflight posted will solve the problem, that other thing with the cable stop wont do anything. The sonnax kit makes it pull normally and when it gets to the end of the stroke (near wot where its currently stopping) the spring starts to compress allowing the throttle to keep moving and the tv cable to stay put. It has nothing to do with loosening or tightening the cable.

I whipped this up to solve the same problem, but the sonnax kit looks quick and easy. Mine works great, an 8-32 button head screw fits perfect in the tv cable end
20150917_193713.jpg
20150917_193722.jpg

So the sonnax kit will not pull the cable tighter because that is the problem that I am having it seems like it just runs out of cable length. And the sonnax kit looks like it will pull it even tighter. I am not sure if the issue is because I have a 70mm Accufab throttle body and it has a different geomatry.

So the sonnax kit will not pull the cable tighter because that is the problem that I am having it seems like it just runs out of cable length. And the sonnax kit looks like it will pull it even tighter. I am not sure if the issue is because I have a 70mm Accufab throttle body and it has a different geomatry.
The Sonnax kit will not pull it tighter when adjusted properly. Install the kit then adjust the cable the same way you have been. Once the cable bottoms out the throttle valve the spring will give you the added travel to open the throttle blade wide open.