THS project almost alive

...I need to turn oil pressure down a little I think...

I think that's the first time anyone's ever said that about a TR! Glad you got it running, I just got mine fired up last week for the first time in months, it's a good feeling.

I think that's the first time anyone's ever said that about a TR! Glad you got it running, I just got mine fired up last week for the first time in months, it's a good feeling.

Yeah its a good issue to have lol. I may get it on the dyno this Saturday at the Indian crew get together at rpm transmission. Depends on how much I can get done this week.

Got my shifter installed tonight and finished a few small things. I was also able to get it up on boost tonight on the tbrake. The speed in which it came up on boost is definitely raceable. I was worried about spooling the 6768 with the .85 housing with what I got. Luckily I will be able to race it. I expect it to be even faster when I mess with the tune. Thanks to Kip on the converter loaner. He helped me out on that since I blew my damn budget apart making this car happen. I'm curious to see how it works at the big end now. Might have a ringer right off the bat. That would he awesome since I love dropping transmissions so much lol.

Your way ahead of me. I just pulled Nine-5's motor out yesterday.:biggrin:

Hopefully it goes back together quickly. Edgewater was open last week:) I've never been this far ahead of the game this early in the year before. Its kinda nice lol.

Been busy blowing the head gaskets on Tim's car.:eek::biggrin: No more copper's for us.
You coming up to RPM this weekend with Kip and Big Head? I may be cooking.

I hadn't heard from Kip yet, but I'm in.

Now quit blowing HG's.

Been busy blowing the head gaskets on Tim's car.:eek::biggrin: No more copper's for us.
You coming up to RPM this weekend with Kip and Big Head? I may be cooking.

Was it the head gaskets fault??

Whatcha cooking up there? I'm still up in the air if I'm bringing my car or not. I may get stuck with my 2 older boys. The older one is calm but the younger is a wild man lol. I do know I have meet up with you at some point to get my racing fuel.

Was it the head gaskets fault??

Whatcha cooking up there? I'm still up in the air if I'm bringing my car or not. I may get stuck with my 2 older boys. The older one is calm but the younger is a wild man lol. I do know I have meet up with you at some point to get my racing fuel.

I think it was a tuner/driver error.:biggrin: He can't even lift the throttle on the dyno. If I didn't make him stop he would still be hittin it today.
I think I'm doing a brisket and loin.

If it's anything like your cookin at Clay City that will be GOOOOD eatin :)

It runs and drives now. Next stop is the alignment shop.

My goal is to drive it to the track and run a 9 in this trim
IMG_20110316_235736.jpg

It did 575 (or was the 564..I forget) on the rpm transmission mustang dyno today. I was pretty happy with that. Was letting out at 5800 (use to shift this engine at 6500 in the old car.) Power was still going up at 5800. Goal today was just to get some shake down runs on it. Basically I wanted to see how the stock fuel lines and my home made double pumper was going to do. At 25 psi and 5800 rpm it looks good. I'm going to run this tune for a bit before I start leaning on it.

Glad you made it Kevin, that cars gonna fly when you get it all lined out.

Glad you made it Kevin, that cars gonna fly when you get it all lined out.
it was good times as usual...and good eating too.....thank Ronnie!

Very nice Kevin, that turbo is hardly breathing! When is the first track outing? :wink:

Thanks! I used to run my old 70gtq at 30+ with this engine. On a dyno jet, this engine did 595 at the same boost with the 70. Car went directly to the track afterward and went 132. Seems like the dyno jet numbers tend to be higher than the mustang's. Looks like the 6768 is just as powerful as the 70gtq. I may have a chance here soon to go to That same dyno....that would really show the difference between the 70gtq and the 6768.
All I need now is an alignment and I'm track ready:)

Good to see ya Kevin that was a blast good food and great friends.And to Collin with his stock block car very impressive bud.And Robert is a force to be reconded pump gas and alky.

Good to see ya Kevin that was a blast good food and great friends.And to Collin with his stock block car very impressive bud.And Robert is a force to be reconded pump gas and alky.

Good to see you too. Roberts car is one of my new favorite tr's. Beautiful car, AC, pump gas and mid 700 HP on That dyno. What else could you want?

Slow91z, I guess you made the 3 hour drive home after a dyno beat down.:eek::eek:
I had a blast and glad everybody made it.