THS project almost alive

Had a good time and good food yesterday! Even better time after Kevin B let me borrow his coil pack... Thanks again to all.

Slow91z, I guess you made the 3 hour drive home after a dyno beat down.:eek::eek:
I had a blast and glad everybody made it.

Yep made it home just fine, had a great day...Thanks for the grub Ronnie excellent as always.

Now I got a certified 750 HP coil pack/module:biggrin:

Just stick that one in a display case with a pic of Robert's car behind it.

Well, a little set back. Have a little milkshake action going on in the oil pan. All cylinders have the same compression too. Wierd. Looks like it probably lifted a head. Oh well...looks like I will have a little work to do. Still aiming for the track on Saturday.

[YOUTUBE]kiA0yCUHwZQ[/YOUTUBE]

I'm borrowing a pressure tester tomorrow. Hope it's just an intake. Worse case is a cracked head or block.

Did a coolant pressure test tonight and the damn thing will hold 25 psi forever. Wierd. I'm thinking of flushing engine out, retorquing heads, adding some pellets and rocking on. I did use rtv black on the head studs instead of thread sealant, not sure if thats the cause right there? Usually I use thread sealant.

Did a coolant pressure test tonight and the damn thing will hold 25 psi forever. Wierd. I'm thinking of flushing engine out, retorquing heads, adding some pellets and rocking on. I did use rtv black on the head studs instead of thread sealant, not sure if thats the cause right there? Usually I use thread sealant.

Pulling for ya man, that would be awesome.

Pulling for ya man, that would be awesome.

I have no issues pulling the heads, but this is wierd. Maybe it just lifted a damn head, but I wou;ld think compression numbers would vary a little and they don't. I'm thinking of just going through with what I said earlier and beating the crap out of it....if don't blow then it's good to go lol. I've popped and banged this engine so bad in the past and never blew a hg. That's whats strange about this.

Kevin

Go get som GM seal tabs and drop those in!

BTW i have seen cometics leak under boost to the coolant passages but never actually blow the fire ring apart.

I got my engine fired up and running great . My bearing clearances came out to be .0021- .0022 mains and Rods .0020-.0021. thrust @ .007

Motor ran great on the engine stand! Got it in the car and runs great got 35 psi oil pressure hot 10w30. Rev it up a tad and make 75psi easy so i had to swap out springs

I ported the crap out of the oil passages and set the gears on the tight side.

Drove it abit and then my new billet 67 turbo sounds like its howling at the moon :mad:

now back to the little 61-52e

That sucks. At least the engine is doing good. Mine seems to be ok. I need to go to the track and flog it a little to make sure everything is good. Need to get the car to my friend Lonnie to do the alignment, just been too busy here lately to do it. Hopefully this weekend I can

Some updates:

Went to the dyno again. Made 622 hp on 27 psi. My old TSM car made 595 on the same dyno using the same correction on about the same boost. After the white car made 595, I went right to the track and ran a 10.1 @ 13X with a 1.55 60' (forget the exact mph.) So, This car will be 100 lbs hevier to be legal so it should at least have a 10.1:D This car has 10X better suspension already than my old tsm car too;) I'm still fighting a water in the oil issue but I hope to have that kicked in the butt after the last round of fixes. Tomorrow it's getting an alignment then headed to the track for some easy passes.

New wheels with 275/60 Hoosiers
IMG_20110407_194120-1.jpg

No real bling here
IMG_20110407_194328.jpg

Interior is plane jane. Tach, boost gauge, and a few autozone gauges for water, oil and volts. I added the shifter too. It sucks that I need to put a roll bar in here.
IMG_20110407_194559.jpg

Kevin, I think it is nice that you are sharing your progress and build up with everyone. I got a phone call today about another car from a tuner and the owner of the car is trying to betop secret, my bet is if you two lined up you would have him covered even though he dynoed higher. BTW I think you cam remove that "comming soon" from your signature.

Thanks again for sharing, Kip