You can type here any text you want

Tim Lynch goes 6.57@231mph!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Right now Lynch and Petty are hard to beat.
They are making a lot of power on gas...

He's definitely flying for a small tire car. He picked up 54mph in the back half of that run! He had quicker 60's on earlier runs but had to abort them.

Just flowed a set of 240's, for Brad Brand's FIRD..706 w/ 2 101's as I hear.[Supposedly pushing 2700HP??]
The latest craze: He did away w/ the water/air I/C, and the radiator. Is now on strait alky. He reported it took over 150# off the car.
I'd suspect that Lynch and others have done, or are doing the same thing.

Just flowed a set of 240's, for Brad Brand's FIRD..706 w/ 2 101's as I hear.[Supposedly pushing 2700HP??]
The latest craze: He did away w/ the water/air I/C, and the radiator. Is now on strait alky. He reported it took over 150# off the car.
I'd suspect that Lynch and others have done, or are doing the same thing.

Petty is testing the alky on Eric Dilliards Limited Street Mustang but last I hear they had no plans to swap Tim's car yet. Eric's car has not ran better than last year on gas. They are testing new turbo's for Precision that are smaller than 91mm and still backing power out to run that 6.57. The latest craze is the swap to alky to get the weight down but when the car works as well as Tim's does I can't see it being needed unless they wanted to run ADRL which has no weight limit.

IMO, Brand has gone way overboard on the motor and the car hasn't worked well at all for a couple years.

IMO, Brand has gone way overboard on the motor and the car hasn't worked well at all for a couple years.

QFT: Brad's car was the best with street heat heads, 101-106 and liberty.
That combination was perfect!!!

Petty is testing the alky on Eric Dilliards Limited Street Mustang but last I hear they had no plans to swap Tim's car yet. Eric's car has not ran better than last year on gas. They are testing new turbo's for Precision that are smaller than 91mm and still backing power out to run that 6.57. The latest craze is the swap to alky to get the weight down but when the car works as well as Tim's does I can't see it being needed unless they wanted to run ADRL which has no weight limit.

Dusty,

I thought they are running GT55s, am I of base here???

Dusty,

I thought they are running GT55s, am I of base here???

Not sure what they are based on but I spoke with Joe at the Precision booth in Memphis and they are using a new compressor wheel from Garrett that is smaller than the 91. I guess they'll release more details when they are ready.

Ken Rainwater's been running the straight alchy system for awhile too. Maybe a little something extra mixed in for ****s and grins!! :eek:

Did you see where Ken went 180:eek: to the 1/8 at the big Texas race last weekend

Heard about that as well. I guess his setup is similar to Lynch's (BBF with big twins) only he is running on straight alky. At some point you gotta wonder if the alky is more overkill than anything considering the last thing these guys really need is more HP:eek:

I saw that Dusty..

You are correct brick but it sure helps to have the extra umph further down the track!!

180mph was Pro Mod mph a couple years ago.. (Until Scruggs obliterated the records this year).

No doubt the extra umph up top is nice. Just gotta wonder at what point will these guys stop going faster? Seems like everytime you think they're done, they find more power and go 10 MPH faster!:eek:

Back