Time to go big

Do you have any vids of the launch Eric? That might answer some of the questions about the 60' issues.

No videos Charlie, however I believe the problem has been discovered. I sent my logs to Pat for review and he finally called me back and said "Dude! You can't have any torque converter or transmission problems if you're not making any power!". Mind you, that's like saying I've lost my balls so it stung a little bit LOL

Anyway, let's go back a bit in the past. Before Turbobuick.com/G-body Nationals this year, I took my car to the track several times. The response from fellow turbo buick owners is that my car wasn't launching hard enough and it looked more like a diesel from all the black smoke. So my natural thought was it was too rich on launch and that I needed to lean it out. So at the Nationals, I was leaning it out more and more with each pass I made. Now back to the present. When Bison had my turbo he said there was a problem with the carbon seal and that it was leaking oil. On hotair intakes the oil can puddle up on the bottom of the intake and it get's pushed out when boost is applied and there you have your black smoke.

So on reviewing my logs Pat pointed out that I was launching at 15.1 AFR and that the car was too lean to even launch and that eventually they drop enough for the car to start moving and then it's okay. In the street the car just passes threw the window where my lean spot was at and I'd never feel it.

So I'm going to return my car back to a previous tune and ditch the current one and see what happens next time at the track. No torque convert or transmission replacement

When you take it out get some vids of the launch Eric. I know it may not make sense but seeing things from the back and side can really help you spot issues that you didn't think you had.;)

When you take it out get some vids of the launch Eric. I know it may not make sense but seeing things from the back and side can really help you spot issues that you didn't think you had.;)

Thanks for the pointer Charlie. I can get Pat to video a few launches. As long as he's not trying to run a 7.49 class and breaking out every single time :) He ran a 7.2, 6.8, 7.2 and a 7.3 LOL Didn't even make it past the first round. Said he couldn't slow the car down enough:rolleyes:

Thanks for the pointer Charlie. I can get Pat to video a few launches. As long as he's not trying to run a 7.49 class and breaking out every single time :) He ran a 7.2, 6.8, 7.2 and a 7.3 LOL Didn't even make it past the first round. Said he couldn't slow the car down enough:rolleyes:

I'll get some video of it. But the main issuse is it can leave hard cause it's so lean. Charlie i let let up on some of those passes....... I had the boost set @ 15 psi with a spike at 17 on launch with a slower 60ft 1.70. My last ditch effort was to set the rev limiter to 5200 and then it ran a 7.31 @ 95........... This class is called 7.49 Real street and i had the only true street car! The cars in this class leave hard so i need to leave wth them but slow the top end down..... I never thought i would have to slow my car down to race lol......

But they sure did love having a turbo car in the class as i was the first!

BTW race weight was 3720 i forgot to take to speaker box out of the trunk..

Well get a few vids of yours as well Pat. You really won't believe what you'll see once you see things from the rear and side. Donnie Wangs couldn't figure out what was going on until I got to see a vid of his car doing the same launch from the side and back. If you can get 2 people to video it at the same time so you can see each angle when you take off.;)

Well Pat, I happen to have a specific set of skills to completely neuter the performance of a turbo regal. So let me know the next time you want to run the 7.49 class:D