You can type here any text you want

Timing Cover Gasket

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mtbraun

Can someone please explain why the middle oil passage is blocked off on the TC gasket? Thanks.

I guess I kind of figured it wasn't used. Is there another application where it is used? Perhaps that TC is used in other motors where it is used? I'm just curious and would like to understand.

I guess I kind of figured it wasn't used. Is there another application where it is used? Perhaps that TC is used in other motors where it is used? I'm just curious and would like to understand.

This hole is used on the TA alum block as this was done to eliminate a 90 degree turn for the oil supply path when using a stock type pick up.

This cover can also be used on a Buick 350 V-8, but it has been so long age since I worked on one I cannot remember if it used that hole or not? :confused:

Mike at TA Performance can give you all the history and info that you will ever need on Buick oiling systems. :biggrin:

Back