You can type here any text you want

Tire choices

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo6Smackdown

I want to know which would be better on a daily driver in michigan. (this is my 98 regal, not my 87) Thinner tires or thicker tires. I'm talkin like 205's vs. 235's. This will be driven in the snow and rain as well. I guess what I'm asking is, which is better for the snow and rain, thinner or thicker tires.

For snow you want thinner tires so it cuts through the snow and not ride on top of it. Hense why off road tires arent that good in snow.

For snow you want thinner tires so it cuts through the snow and not ride on top of it. Hense why off road tires arent that good in snow.

thats the impression i was under. my brother is an off road junkie, and he tells me that the thinner tires are a little better in the crap than thicker ones. i was just here double checking with you guys, the experts. :)
I double check everything.

yep for snow you want a thinner tire, you want to cut through snow not stay on top .On off-road Arctic vehicles they run wide tire with 3 psi to stay on top.

Back