You can type here any text you want

Tire expiration date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LIVE4RDO

Hey crowd.

Am I reading this right: this tire was produced in 1999?

IMG_8958.JPG
IMG_8959.JPG

As per your title, the tires expire when the tread is all gone. With Turbo Buicks it only takes a couple months. Lol.

And if you can get the tread off fast enough, let your kids in the driver seat. That is how mine get to the replacement phase.

with most plain old street tires I've noticed they start to lose grip after about 2 years regardless of tread depth. I guess the good stuff dries out of them. Oh well.

At least in Michigan, if a tire is six years old it can't be sold or serviced. That's the excuse a tire dealer gave when I tried to sell some new/ ten year old tires. They had 13K on them when I stored them in the basement, on 2x4's, in the dark. I had to pay to get rid of them.

At least in Michigan, if a tire is six years old it can't be sold or serviced. That's the excuse a tire dealer gave when I tried to sell some new/ ten year old tires. They had 13K on them when I stored them in the basement, on 2x4's, in the dark. I had to pay to get rid of them.
that was good keeping them out of the sun. Sunlight deffinately will hurt tires

When I bought GN, I wanted to have the wheels balanced. Tire store refused to do it stating the tires , being 12 years old, were too old and " not safe " and could not be "serviced". I kinda scoffed at the idea and did some checking on my own .... Basically asking some friends " in the know" if that was true. They all said the same thing with the added caveat that one could very well "disintegrate " at highway speed. Even though they were hardly worn, and the car had been garaged all of its life, they all still said the same thing. " Get new tires". FWIW.

There is an article online blaming the death of Paul Walker on old tires. Basically stating that the car had 8year old tires with good tread depth. The hardened tires let go in a very gradual turn most cars can make. So says the article.

Supposedly the rubber degrades after 7 years & the tires should be replaced.

I recently traded my 2006 Buick Lucerne with original rubber. Sure hope the new owner gets new tires. I wonder if the dealer could be liable if an old tire failed?

Supposedly the rubber degrades after 7 years & the tires should be replaced.

I recently had a front tire with lots of tread blow out and shred on the highway at 50 MPH, and it was dated 2009?

All 4 were replaced, I am a believer now! :)

Yea we see it a lot. Esspecially on trailers. Time is as relentless as miles

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Back