To keep stock or not to keep stock

Why not just do some tasteful mods such as a fuel pump upgrade, chip/injector combo upgrade, hotwire, adjustable wastegate actuator, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and an alky kit? Car will IMO still look mostly stock, but will have the "more powa" you're after. Just retain all of the original parts you took off the car so you can put them back on later if you ever decided to.

Unless your car is solely a show car, I'd say do the upgrades posted and enjoy!

Mine is mostly stock (as listed in my signature) and I love it..just the way it is.
When it was stock,it ran a best of a 13.98 and worse of 14.24 and it was still fun to drive IMHO
Butt dyno says it noticeably faster now...but I am done w/mods.

here's my 2 cents. Is the car how YOU want it? If the car of YOUR dreams is a GN with more power than stock then build that car. The thought of a 100 percent stock classic car is cool and if that's wheat YOU want then do that but you only live once so if owning the car you want is important to you then own the car YOU want!

i have a 100% stock GN with 42K miles....should I keep it stock or make simple mods? My original goal was to have one 100% stock GN but i want more powa!!! Any advice? Louis I know your reading this.

leave it stock, and enjoy it the way it is. I think that stock itll be worth more in the future. Whoever buys it from you if you decide to sell it has the option to see what mods they want to make to it. It makes a good template. id do just about anything for an sfi, and Id leave it stock.

Why not just do a stock appearing build with an alky kit. Add to the confusion of mustang owners telling them it's stock.

+1 I'm going with "Stock Appearing"! Keep all the parts, though. Bag 'em, tag 'em , you'll want them someday.

i have a 100% stock GN with 42K miles....should I keep it stock or make simple mods? My original goal was to have one 100% stock GN but i want more powa!!! Any advice? Louis I know your reading this.

Not driving and/or modding a Turbo Buick is like not banging your hot, horny girlfriend/wife in hopes she'll be more appealing to her next boyfriend/husband.:biggrin::eek:

If you haven't already, hook up with the local club... The Houston Buick Club

I'm just became a member this weekend. I was out there with them. I going to keep it stock but now i want to buy a modded black T-Type or a GN. I'm going to look at one in dallas this week. Its perfect but it has that XFI fast thing and i dont know anyown who know how to mess with it. the black limited has 50K miles on it, t-tops and is a turnkey.

Not driving and/or modding a Turbo Buick is like not banging your hot, horny girlfriend/wife in hopes she'll be more appealing to her next boyfriend/husband.:biggrin::eek:

Exactly. If you aren't willing to wear it out, someone else will:eek::biggrin: Hello-I'm somebody else;)

A stock appearing build will be cheaper also. You don't need a bunch of fancy stuff to go 11's. You don't even need to buy a fancy alcohol system. Most of the things I've purchased was to resolve issues I was having with factory parts, IE: dead maf, constantly leaking stock downpipe, rusted exhaust, junk motor, junk turbo, junk injectors, outdated chip....

A ported stock elbow can be had cheap, port your IC necks and skip the duttneck mod, remove the bottom canister on your stock airbox, 237 regulator, gut the cat converter, bypass tb, port match the plenum to the TB, the list goes on and on. Details man, details.

I'm just became a member this weekend. I was out there with them. I going to keep it stock but now i want to buy a modded black T-Type or a GN. I'm going to look at one in dallas this week. Its perfect but it has that XFI fast thing and i dont know anyown who know how to mess with it. the black limited has 50K miles on it, t-tops and is a turnkey.

That's the best of both worlds :D
You don't really need someone that knows XFI. Make sure it's tuned properly and you don't need to do anything unless you make changes. It's great. On my car I would raise or lower boost based on what gas I had in the car. That's it. Whether I was running 12 psi or 30, the FAST did all the work. Obviously it just has to be tuned right the first time.

Its just a car. Dont worry about the future.. worry about today. Enjoy your time on earth and if keeping it stock gives you that enjoyment.. then so be it.

If its burning in the back of your mind.. do it and dont look back. Yes there is a cost in modding it.. but like all hobbies.. there is a cost. As to cars value.. who cares.. in the end it can go back to stock.. sell of the mods. and recoup some of the hobby. You will remember the car tho.

My TTA went back to stock.. a few months latter I sold it. It was no more fun to drive.

Life's short.. enjoy your time while you can. Dont look back saying I wish I had done X..

Its just a car.. It is what it is. If I had the $$$, i'd mod a GNX as well. :D

That says it all.:biggrin: This board wouldn't even be here if everyone kept them stock. Mod away! Just be aware, once you start it is hard to stop.;)