You can type here any text you want

Todd Moyer's twin turbo Outlaw 10.5 car.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Yes it is. Alot of car there to only run that though:eek: :biggrin:

Yes it is. Alot of car there to only run that though:eek: :biggrin:

Yeah I kinda agree considering the Lynch Mob is in the 4.30's @175+mph, but I'm pretty certain this is a new car so they are probably still trying to get it sorted out.

Yes it's a new car. Still don't see it going faster than 4.30's though. Seems like no matter how much motor you put in a lightweight car 4.20's is very difficult on a 10.5 tire. Lynch is closer than anyone with a 4.31 and he's at 3000#.

Look at Titan's Supra powered Scion running 4.30's at the same weight a lot of the ADRL guys weigh and they're down over 1200hp from most of the big block turbo cars. IMO guys are building motors for bragging rights and the wow factor instead of what they need to get down the track.

I don't get this class.
Prostock cars with Ws.... who cares?
Standard Outlaw is insane enough and some of them still look like street type cars. Drag Radial is where it is at right now, but it is not a budget class by any stretch of the imagination...

I am all about the E.T. So the biggest tire that will fit will be in our race car:biggrin:

I don't get this class.
Prostock cars with Ws.... who cares?
Standard Outlaw is insane enough and some of them still look like street type cars. Drag Radial is where it is at right now, but it is not a budget class by any stretch of the imagination...

Extreme 10.5 does nothing for me either. Outlaw 10.5 is much better to watch.

I'm a little partial but drag radial is the best heads up class going. It's headed down the tubes though if everyone doesn't put their foot down on the rules. NHRA chassis is another headache. 25.5 needs to be extended to 7.0.

I just wanna know what 4.55 ='s on a real track 1/4 mile anyone??
ive never been to or raced 1/8 mile

I just wanna know what 4.55 ='s on a real track 1/4 mile anyone??
ive never been to or raced 1/8 mile

I saw a ADRL car that ran some 4.50's or so at the time... he let off just after the 1/8..... and coasted to 8.8x or so if I remember correctly..... it is way fast...and that was coasting/braking from the 1/8 to the 1/4.....

Dusty, what is causing the drag radial class to head down the tubes?

Doug D

I have been following drag radial now for 6 solid years, so I will give you my $.02.

I think the class is way out the league of the normal guy for one. The cars that are competing have outlaw 10.5 motors in a stock suspension chassis, so you are talking lots of money for the drivetrain alone.(total car cost >100k) Then some of the cars are to fast for NHRA rules. NHRA says a car going 7.50 or faster should be 3200 or less along with having the rest of cage up to spec. But the rules of the classes want most of the turbo combos to be 3400-3500. Stock suspension is the base idea behind the class, but most of these suspensions have after market torque arms, they move the mounting points around, aftermarket anti-roll bars, etc..there is nothing stock about the suspension. And every week it seems like someone is trying to stretch the rules(running alcohol, torque arm on a car that never came with one, etc..)

From a spectator stand point, it is insane to watch though, and the tracks and sponsers are starting to through some big money races out there, so it will probably grow more into an outlaw 10.5 type class, which I think most of the racers do not want, since it gets away from the original intention of the class was..

I am sure Dusty will fill in.

-Alex

I hear what your saying Alex.

I don't follow it nearly as close as you do, but I can certainly tell that it's not an easy class to compete in. Maybe NHRA needs to adjust the rules for the 7.50 and faster cars?

What classes are out there now that a "working man" can enter and compete?

Doug D

I hear what your saying Alex.

I don't follow it nearly as close as you do, but I can certainly tell that it's not an easy class to compete in. Maybe NHRA needs to adjust the rules for the 7.50 and faster cars?

What classes are out there now that a "working man" can enter and compete?

Doug D

Heads up racing wise:

Imokaale has a 6.50 idex, and the new real street class. They are both stock suspension classes, with general rules for each motor combination. A lot of the 1/8 mile tracks have similar stuff. The real street class looks like a class that your car still has to run 6.0< in the 1/8 to be competative.

Otherwise all I see is bracket racing, which is boring to me.(street race purist, run watcha brung, and hope you bring enough. :D )

Car looks nice BTW.

Dusty, what is causing the drag radial class to head down the tubes?

Doug D

It's not really going down the tubes but it has made a big change in the last few years. It's the fastest growing class in the country.

Alex summed it up pretty well. Different parts of the country use a different set of rules, mostly to generate car count in that area. This isn't really an issue in the south but you get into the east coast area and they allow ladder bars with a weight penalty and have more relaxed chassis rules. The only real difference in the south is the Florida cars can run lexan windows. We're all at the same weight or close so the lexan isn't a big deal...I just don't like lexan windows in a car that's supposed to look like a street car.

The problem in the class lies in the suspension rules. You have the Wolfe arm which is a single ladder bar, you have the F-body torque arm which doesn't attach in the stock location and is adjustable like a ladder bar. This leads to cars that don't run them having to move the mounting points around on the rear end to compete. Then you have chassis guys trying to make a name for themselves who stretch the rules which only causes controversy. With that said, these cars pushing the rules haven't 60 footed any better than those with suspension that meets the rules, it's just the principle of keeping the class in check.

Promoters of the big races need to put their foot down on the rules rather than relaxing them. Then you either build a car to fit the rules or you don't race.

Example. Here's stock suspension 2 years ago

IMGP3038copy.jpg

Here's stock suspension today

IMGP2789copy.jpg

IMGP2788copy.jpg

Wow, Dusty, those pictures are worth 1000 words :)

I noticed the first pic, that car has relocation brackets for the LCA's, to change the instant center. I just installed a set on my car, hope it will help me cut low 1.6 shorts.

As for the other two pics, my god. Doesn't looks like "stock" suspension to me. I guess there intpretation of stock is not a 4 link setup.

It is one helluva a class to watch though.

Doug D

I think the reason it's so popular is the same reason Outlaw 10.5 was 10 years ago. They look like a real street car on small tires but haul ass. The reason 10.5 went down hill was because chassis builders kept pushing the limits and no one put their foot down and told them "no you can't race".

Most guys want to keep the class in check but you have a few with a lot of $$ who pay big name chassis builders big $$$ to build a car. That chassis guy pushes the limits with the rules. The guy then puts a 50k motor in the car and runs good numbers and the promoters want those names at their race to bring the spectators while at the same time ignoring the roots of the class. The next big $$$ guy gets his chassis guy to top the last controversial set-up and puts a 60k motor in the car....it's a down hill spiral.

I think it should be whatever motor you want with very limited suspension mods. Use all stock mounting points with an anti-roll bar and coil overs. 3000# for V6's and small block N20, 3300# for everything else.

The NHRA is the other problem. Most radial classes have a 3300-3400 weight requirement. NHRA rules state nothing over a 3200# 25.2 chassis can exceed 7.50. The top cars can go 7.30's. NHRA needs to lower the et cutoff to 7.00. The only tracks who can ignore the SFI NHRA recommendation are those who aren't insured by the NHRA and that list is short so most tracks are going to 1/8 for radial.

Dusty,

Whose car is that with "stock" suspension. Looks like mustake with a torque arm...ya that is stock.:rolleyes:

You coming down to BMP and Orlando in Oct this year?

-Alex

Wow, Dusty, those pictures are worth 1000 words :)

I noticed the first pic, that car has relocation brackets for the LCA's, to change the instant center. I just installed a set on my car, hope it will help me cut low 1.6 shorts.

As for the other two pics, my god. Doesn't looks like "stock" suspension to me. I guess there intpretation of stock is not a 4 link setup.

It is one helluva a class to watch though.

Doug D

Doug..

When I had my GN, I used adjustable upper control arms(Metco's) and adjusted pinion angle, which made a huge difference. I think the pinion will change with moving the instant center back, so check into that also.

Back