Torx bolts on the bumpers...

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Took my 86T apart, back in 1951, and can't remember what holes the Torx headed bolts go in.
Also, are the lower bolts, that attach the reinforcement in the bumper, just hex heads? I have some, & pretty sure they aren't rod bolts.:D
I have the carriage bolts "figgered out". I think it's the square bolts, in the square holes.:smuggrin:

Thanks for helping the old guy out!(y)

under the rub strip gets un plated carriage bolts (m8x1.25) with 13mm flanged nuts on inside
along the bottom edge gets torx bolts pointed up with 13mm head flanged nuts
the airdam mountings have a special stud headed m8x1.25 bolt
behind license plate gets a capped carriage bolt

under the rub strip gets un plated carriage bolts (m8x1.25) with 13mm flanged nuts on inside
along the bottom edge gets torx bolts pointed up with 13mm head flanged nuts
the airdam mountings have a special stud headed m8x1.25 bolt
behind license plate gets a capped carriage bolt

Got the capped pieces.
Got the carriage for the upper holes.
Found some studs, but not enough. Time to get "creative'.:bucktooth::D

I'm assuming the hex heads I have, go on the bottom of the rear, along w/ the Torx? I have 6 Torx.
I looked in the factory shop manual...No sizes, locations, that I could find.

THANKS!

there were no standard hex bolts used on the bumper
the hex double end studs go only on the front bumper lower for the airdams ,
you can use torx (or use a std hex bolt ) on front to hold airdams just drop in from top put a nut on it then airdam then a thin broad washer (bend to make it a wave washer) then another nut .

Took my 86T apart, back in 1951, and can't remember what holes the Torx headed bolts go in.
Also, are the lower bolts, that attach the reinforcement in the bumper, just hex heads? I have some, & pretty sure they aren't rod bolts.:D
I have the carriage bolts "figgered out". I think it's the square bolts, in the square holes.:smuggrin:

Thanks for helping the old guy out!(y)

Once you 'figger' out what you need LMK - I am sure I have a crap load of sorted out fasteners stacked up in the 'grage.' Trying to help would be no problem & would give me another reason to get out there.
Bob